The Office of JCL
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 05:11:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of JCL
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25
Author Topic: The Office of JCL  (Read 90456 times)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: August 02, 2014, 03:15:28 AM »

... unconstitutional?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #476 on: August 02, 2014, 03:18:02 AM »

He tried for 24 hours to appoint Cassius without consent of the Assembly which is required by Mid-eastern law.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #477 on: August 02, 2014, 04:08:15 AM »

I motion the Supreme Court to block Franzi from being seated in the Mideast Assembly on grounds of unfair bias on part of the judge in Inks vs Mideast Region

Stop embarrassing yourself.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #478 on: August 02, 2014, 04:31:30 AM »

I motion the Supreme Court to block Franzi from being seated in the Mideast Assembly on grounds of unfair bias on part of the judge in Inks vs Mideast Region

Inks beat you fair and square. The courts gave you the seat inspite of the indisputable fact that those ballots were invalid.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #479 on: August 02, 2014, 04:36:19 AM »

Inks beat you fair and square. The courts gave you the seat inspite of the indisputable fact that those ballots were invalid.

The Court disagreed with your "indisputable" facts. I think you'll find that the plaintiff, an infinitely more honorable man than yourself, is not disputing that the Court reached its conclusion in good faith after having reviewed both sides' arguments. Just as I would have if the Court had found differently.

Feel free to throw a temper tantrum but don't expect it to earn you anything but ridicule.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #480 on: August 02, 2014, 04:48:29 AM »

The Court disagreed with your "indisputable" facts. I think you'll find that the plaintiff, an infinitely more honorable man than yourself, is not disputing that the Court reached its conclusion in good faith after having reviewed both sides' arguments. Just as I would have if the Court had found differently.

Feel free to throw a temper tantrum but don't expect it to earn you anything but ridicule.

I don't believe the court reached their decision in good faith. That's what I've been trying to say. If Inks doesn't want to appeal then I will. I'm used to ridicule.  If the supremes refuse to hear me then I hope you're prepared to be the only member of the assembly for most of the term.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #481 on: August 02, 2014, 04:55:57 AM »

You have no grounds on which to appeal. Is that so difficult to comprehend?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #482 on: August 02, 2014, 04:57:53 AM »

Blatant political bias on part of the judge. Those are my grounds. How is that not hard of a concept for you to grasp.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #483 on: August 02, 2014, 04:58:38 AM »

Blatant political bias on part of the judge. Those are my grounds. How is that not hard of a concept for you to grasp.

lol
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #484 on: August 02, 2014, 05:02:03 AM »

lol

It's why when the judge was up for nomination while I was in the Assembly I voted against confirmation. Guess what? I was proven 100% correct.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #485 on: August 02, 2014, 05:03:43 AM »

... wait... Geologist? You know, rocks? Billions of years old...
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #486 on: August 02, 2014, 05:06:18 AM »

lol

It's why when the judge was up for nomination while I was in the Assembly I voted against confirmation. Guess what? I was proven 100% correct.

I think you're the only one convinced by your "proof". But by all means, continue the temper tantrum if it makes you feel better.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #487 on: August 02, 2014, 05:11:36 AM »

lol

I think you're the only one convinced by your "proof". But by all means, continue the temper tantrum if it makes you feel better.

I stood alone on that one and a lot of other things too. I've gotten used to it. The fact you refuse to stand up to the governors unconstitutional way of nearly subverting the legislative right of confirmation regarding appointees shows me you really don't merit what the court gave you. The people didn't elect you. The court gave the seat to you.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #488 on: August 02, 2014, 05:13:17 AM »

In all honesty, I'd be a lot more worried if I had your approval.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #489 on: August 02, 2014, 06:36:45 AM »

In all honesty, I'd be a lot more worried if I had your approval.

It was sometime ago but we did stand on the same issue.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #490 on: August 02, 2014, 07:13:25 AM »

... wait... Geologist? You know, rocks? Billions of years old...

She knows rocks. She believes roughly in old earth creationism.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #491 on: August 02, 2014, 10:39:32 AM »

JCL, Franzl is right and so is Badger. The argument that we should count all votes for an undeclared candidate as invalid votes is a substantial departure from the way we have previously counted PR-STV and one not required explicitly by law. Let the ruling be. The election may not have turned out the way we wanted, but sometimes it's more important to get the rule of law right than it is to have the outcome we want in the election. It was a close election no doubt; few Mideast Assembly elections if any have had a closer count in the final round than with Franzl and Inks. Indeed, if Inks had even gotten one more Federalist transfer we would have one. But it's important to conduct fair elections, and to follow the same set of rules applying to people on both sides of the political aisle.

JCL, let it go. I know we've had worse lawsuits (anyone remember BK's saying non-Mideast residents could vote in the Mideast??) but this one is not a winner and to drag it out any longer is simply sore losership.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #492 on: August 02, 2014, 02:02:20 PM »

JCL, Franzl is right and so is Badger. The argument that we should count all votes for an undeclared candidate as invalid votes is a substantial departure from the way we have previously counted PR-STV and one not required explicitly by law. Let the ruling be. The election may not have turned out the way we wanted, but sometimes it's more important to get the rule of law right than it is to have the outcome we want in the election. It was a close election no doubt; few Mideast Assembly elections if any have had a closer count in the final round than with Franzl and Inks. Indeed, if Inks had even gotten one more Federalist transfer we would have one. But it's important to conduct fair elections, and to follow the same set of rules applying to people on both sides of the political aisle.

JCL, let it go. I know we've had worse lawsuits (anyone remember BK's saying non-Mideast residents could vote in the Mideast??) but this one is not a winner and to drag it out any longer is simply sore losership.

I firmly disagree with y'all on this one but I will defer to your judgement. However Riley still can't have both of his preferred choices in the senate.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #493 on: August 02, 2014, 02:33:59 PM »

It's well into Day 2 of special election weekend. I hope I can count on your support to pull of the Atlasian upset of well... Forever.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #494 on: August 03, 2014, 12:12:52 AM »

Welcome to Day 3 of the Special election. I'll be voting later this morning and I need all the cool conservative and conservatarian kids to first preference me and second preference Spiral. I know many want to switch that and I'm ok with that concerning our D-R friends and allies. If you are a Federalist I need those first preferences to cause the greatest upset since Boston came from 3 games down to beat the Yankees and then the World Series.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #495 on: August 03, 2014, 12:47:11 AM »

You'll get a Senate seat at some point or another. I could only give you my 3rd preference in the At-Large special Senate race, but if you don't win this one, you undoubtedly will become the next Mideast Senator or win a seat in the August elections. Despite us disagreeing on a lot of issues, you definitely deserve a Senate seat after your continued optimism to go for it plus you have a better family value record than just about anybody which the Senate desperately needs.  Good luck! Cheesy
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #496 on: August 03, 2014, 12:56:36 AM »

You'll get a Senate seat at some point or another. I could only give you my 3rd preference in the At-Large special Senate race, but if you don't win this one, you undoubtedly will become the next Mideast Senator or win a seat in the August elections. Despite us disagreeing on a lot of issues, you definitely deserve a Senate seat after your continued optimism to go for it plus you have a better family value record than just about anybody which the Senate desperately needs.  Good luck! Cheesy

I was just passed over regarding the Mideast vacancy again. Governor Riley has somebody going through the confirmation process. It comes down to a couple high level party mates who ruin the fun for me sometimes. Sadly someone from my own wing refuses to nominate me.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #497 on: August 03, 2014, 01:30:12 AM »
« Edited: August 03, 2014, 01:32:30 AM by MW Speaker LeBron FitzGerald »

You'll get a Senate seat at some point or another. I could only give you my 3rd preference in the At-Large special Senate race, but if you don't win this one, you undoubtedly will become the next Mideast Senator or win a seat in the August elections. Despite us disagreeing on a lot of issues, you definitely deserve a Senate seat after your continued optimism to go for it plus you have a better family value record than just about anybody which the Senate desperately needs.  Good luck! Cheesy

I was just passed over regarding the Mideast vacancy again. Governor Riley has somebody going through the confirmation process. It comes down to a couple high level party mates who ruin the fun for me sometimes. Sadly someone from my own wing refuses to nominate me.
That's terrible especially when Riley refused to endorse you over Spiral, a Democratic-Republican for the Senate race. I mean, Cassius is at least better than Spiral, but it almost seems like Riley has something against you, a fellow conservative value voice.

If he does refuse to appoint you, then you should definitely try to primary Riley out in September. He's failed to be an active Governor as he promised and took a much longer LOA than he announced, good excuse or not. It's amazing he wasn't impeached and he could be a vulnerable Governor.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #498 on: August 03, 2014, 02:40:51 AM »

You act like you're entitled to a Senate seat, like it's your turn and everyone else has to recognize that.

I understand that you've experienced enough defeat that you long for political success, but don't you see something wrong with this?
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #499 on: August 03, 2014, 04:02:19 AM »

Franzl is correct.

Moreover, the fact that voters have repeatedly rejected your efforts to win a Senate seat is a reason not to appoint you.
If voters haven't rejected JCL in the past for Assembly, then why would Mideast voters reject JCL in October as the incumbent, appointed Senator? Face it, he's a good fit for the region now that it's more right-wing and less competitive.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies