The Office of JCL
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 05:02:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of JCL
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 25
Author Topic: The Office of JCL  (Read 90449 times)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: August 05, 2013, 10:35:19 PM »

While it will be a great way to shake things up I as a regionalist can't support this until I have more information on the pros and cons of going to three regions. Lets have a.careful and thoughtful debate rather than running towards a fad that could hurt the game we all love irreparably.

No one is trying to ram this through - in speaking with President Nix, Governor Maxwell (who also supports this), and several others, I think we're all hoping for a very thoughtful and detailed debate on the issue. Smiley

I'm surprised Max would support this given his region would be blown to kingdom come .
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #251 on: August 05, 2013, 10:47:20 PM »

While it will be a great way to shake things up I as a regionalist can't support this until I have more information on the pros and cons of going to three regions. Lets have a.careful and thoughtful debate rather than running towards a fad that could hurt the game we all love irreparably.

No one is trying to ram this through - in speaking with President Nix, Governor Maxwell (who also supports this), and several others, I think we're all hoping for a very thoughtful and detailed debate on the issue. Smiley

I'm surprised Max would support this given his region would be blown to kingdom come .

I think we need less instances of catastrophic regions, and I don't see so much harm in changing the regional system if we do it in a thoughtful way, which I think is in the works. If that means shaking things up in such a manner, so be it.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #252 on: August 06, 2013, 03:25:55 AM »

Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Thank you for such a robust welcome.

The issue I want to talk about is on the hearts and minds of many Atlasians of all political views. The current regional structure itself. Many in the political class and citizens are supportive of cutting the regions down from five to three. Their main concerns are well intentioned to promote greater activity. Are they not aware of the reforms Spamage and Maxwell are trying to promote within their regions to spur activity along with the IDS and my own Mideast and the ever solid Northeast once led by a friend in former governor Scott? While it will be a great way to shake things up I as a regionalist can't support this until I have more information on the pros and cons of going to three regions. Lets have a.careful and thoughtful debate rather than running towards a fad that could hurt the game we all love irreparably.

I agree with you but would go even further in that I vehemently oppose any attempts to reduce the number of Atlasian regions.

Since this is a crucial issue for me I proudly endorse you!
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #253 on: August 07, 2013, 08:20:25 AM »

JCL, what are you positions on school vouchers, private schools, and homeschooling?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #254 on: August 07, 2013, 01:07:34 PM »

JCL, what are you positions on school vouchers, private schools, and homeschooling?

On School Vouchers: I'm for them. When you're running in 25th in academic achievement amongst the first world nations, that is simply below what we should hold ourselves to. The source of that problem is failing schools. We have parents who want the best for their kids yet are often stuck in a bad school system due to bad policy. Look at the Indiana system of doing vouchers. Our scores and standards are steadily improving and parents are being able to choose where their kids go to. Why isn't competition amongst schools for students a good thing. I see it as a very good thing.

On private schools: Again this is a matter that parents rather than government should be the final authority on as much as possible. Often these schools come about because of religious conscience and that should be respected. What is being attempted by elements of the senate to force these schools into being ran like public schools is simply wrong and must be stopped.

Homeschooling: As I said in the private school section parents mostly due to religious consciences make use of this option. Usually the academic standards amongst this goup of Atlasians are the highest along with private schools. Our public schools need to look at the good things they're doing and maybe adopt some of those methods. Why do you think homeschoolers are winning spelling bees like none other?
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #255 on: August 07, 2013, 03:54:35 PM »

JCL, I have been having a hard time deciding who to give my third preference to, and that answer has convinced me to give it to you. Smiley
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #256 on: August 07, 2013, 06:15:18 PM »

JCL, I have been having a hard time deciding who to give my third preference to, and that answer has convinced me to give it to you. Smiley

Thanks Goldwater. Any help I can get is a good thing.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #257 on: August 09, 2013, 02:34:37 PM »

My foreign policy speech will be coming this weekend.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #258 on: August 10, 2013, 12:26:31 AM »

Tuscaloosa, Alabama

The issue I want to talk about is on the hearts and minds of many Atlasians of all political views. The current regional structure itself. Many in the political class and citizens are supportive of cutting the regions down from five to three. Their main concerns are well intentioned to promote greater activity. Are they not aware of the reforms Spamage and Maxwell are trying to promote within their regions to spur activity along with the IDS and my own Mideast and the ever solid Northeast once led by a friend in former governor Scott? While it will be a great way to shake things up I as a regionalist can't support this until I have more information on the pros and cons of going to three regions. Lets have a.careful and thoughtful debate rather than running towards a fad that could hurt the game we all love irreparably.

I agree with you but would go even further in that I vehemently oppose any attempts to reduce the number of Atlasian regions.

Just like you vehemently oppose religious freedom for Muslims and gay adoption. Go figure! Smiley
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #259 on: August 10, 2013, 02:15:55 AM »

Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Just like you vehemently oppose religious freedom for Muslims and gay adoption. Go figure! Smiley

Hint: I'm neither running for Senate nor are your fact-checking abilities particularly strong. I also think that some people in your party would prefer it if you posted less. Wink
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #260 on: August 10, 2013, 02:46:16 AM »

Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Hint: I'm neither running for Senate nor are your fact-checking abilities particularly strong. I also think that some people in your party would prefer it if you posted less. Wink

I would actually prefer it if TNF posted more. He's advocating for the party's core principles and bringing up key differences between candidates. It might not always be pretty, but that's not his style Wink
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #261 on: August 10, 2013, 03:19:15 AM »

I also think that some people in your party would prefer it if you posted less. Wink

True; which I would hope means you and TNF aren't so different, considering you're more insulting, disgusting and hypocritical than he could ever hope to be.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #262 on: August 10, 2013, 03:31:03 AM »

I also think that some people in your party would prefer it if you posted less. Wink

True; which I would hope means you and TNF aren't so different, considering you're more insulting, disgusting and hypocritical than he could ever hope to be.

I would argue that this comment is a tad ironic but since I don't have the intention to derail JCL's thread any further I will not write more. Wink
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #263 on: August 10, 2013, 06:42:06 AM »

TNF,

I don't oppose religious freedom for those who follow the teachings of Mohammed provided that they aren't masking it for an agenda of violence as much as much as I would for anybody else. With regards to gay adoption, do I need to bring up the Rembrandt expression again?
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #264 on: August 10, 2013, 10:11:06 AM »

Tuscaloosa, Alabama

One has absolutely nothing to do with the other.

Also, this is for everyone. If you're going to argue, stop it with the fake smileys.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #265 on: August 10, 2013, 10:15:33 AM »

Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Also, this is for everyone. If you're going to argue, stop it with the fake smileys.

Calling out a politician on his retrograde positions has nothing to do with his retrograde position on game reform? I'm realize you and your party are as reactionary as they come PJ, but c'mon, there's obviously a link here between being a radical social conservative who wants to ban minarets and gay adoption and is opposed to changing the regional structure. Perhaps ZuWo is afraid of losing his power over the Mideast and that region's status as the nation's most reactionary?
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #266 on: August 10, 2013, 10:33:33 AM »

Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Calling out a politician on his retrograde positions has nothing to do with his retrograde position on game reform? I'm realize you and your party are as reactionary as they come PJ, but c'mon, there's obviously a link here between being a radical social conservative who wants to ban minarets and gay adoption and is opposed to changing the regional structure. Perhaps ZuWo is afraid of losing his power over the Mideast and that region's status as the nation's most reactionary?
Reactionary? Reactionary? REACTIONARY? SERIOUSLY? You simply know that's not true, TNF, FloridianOranges and I have a similar Matrix score to Bernie Sanders. I'm going to leave this arguement now, I wish you all well, I apologize if I offended anyone, and I hope no one kills anybody.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #267 on: August 10, 2013, 06:31:41 PM »

Tuscaloosa, Alabama

TNF, Look at what I said about religious freedom. It applies to Muslims as well as Christians as long as they aren't using it as a cover to commit acts of violence and terror. I deplore the actions of those who bombed abortion clinics as much as the ones who bomb our embacies and burn churches.

You know my reasoning for the opposition to gay adoption.

On the changing of the regional map I oppose it because partially none of these proposed maps benefit my state of Indiana in terms of representation and merging the Mideast with the Northeast is a bad idea because combining the two most active regions into one I believe will set back giving a hand up and moving forward with the reforms of the Midwest and Pacific regions. Plus I believe this a power grab by the left to destroy the one conservative bastion of the game and I can't sit back and let that happen.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #268 on: August 10, 2013, 06:32:34 PM »

I wasn't so decided before, but endorsed for a third preference!
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #269 on: August 10, 2013, 07:38:06 PM »

As for my format for the foreign policy section I would like to turn it into a Town Hall style meeting. If possible I would like to start fielding questions around 10:45 AM EDT tomorrow. So you may start to ask your questions now.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #270 on: August 10, 2013, 07:44:23 PM »

When do you think its appropriate to use force?
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #271 on: August 11, 2013, 04:31:58 AM »

Hey JCL, why are you against gay people adopting kids?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #272 on: August 11, 2013, 09:38:40 AM »

When do you think its appropriate to use force?

Before I give my answer I'm going to give you my story. I'm from a military family. This goes all the way back to the days of Willam Wallace and Robert the Bruce the King of Scotland. It is also traced to the peace churches of the Protestant Reformers like the Pennsylvania Dutch, the Amish and other groups of that nature. So I'm going to try to keep it simple. The use of force will be something I will sparingly use. I'm a firm believer in what Jesus said. "Blessed are the peacemakers for they will be called the children of God" The Christian Just War doctrine is something I will use as a guide wether or not I will support the use of force.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #273 on: August 13, 2013, 04:53:09 PM »

Townhall bump
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #274 on: August 24, 2013, 10:58:14 AM »
« Edited: August 24, 2013, 11:41:32 AM by Is JCL in mushy sappy love »

Get you vote on folks. Fellow Federalists its important that we give our first three preferences to the party's candidates. To have a chance of all three winning I'm reccomending this order.

JCL
Tmth
Maxwell

We can't afford to split our votes like the left so lets stand together and create the change we want.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies