Congress most polarized in almost a century (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 10:41:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Congress most polarized in almost a century (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Congress most polarized in almost a century  (Read 2765 times)
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« on: October 12, 2006, 11:00:09 AM »

Yes, things are polarised. Too polarised in fact, which is why I'm hoping the Democrats actually gain control of Congress. A new Democratic House will have a lot more moderate Democrats for a kick-off Smiley, while a Democratic Senate would fairly good on that score too

However, whether or not, Bush can work with a Democratic Congress and whether or not, a Democratic Congress can work with Bush remains to be seen

Either way it will give both Bush and the Democrats an opportunity to prove that they are above petty partisan bickering. If Bush can work with Democrats, he'll go up in my estimation if nothing else. And my esteem is not fetted on all and sundry

Of course this means that the Democrats should stay well clear of impeaching Bush. Incompetent as he is, I don't think that alone is grounds for impeachment

Dave
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 07:09:37 PM »

I don't know what Bush being president has to do with Congress being divided.  What happened to personal accountability?

Arguably, nothing directly but Bush is a polarising President and to some extent must set the tone for his acolytes, down in the House, especially, though on immigration many aren't in step with him

Dave
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies