Where you surprised that the 2000s were more or less a Republican decade? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 03:03:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Where you surprised that the 2000s were more or less a Republican decade? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Where you surprised that the 2000s were more or less a Republican decade?  (Read 4114 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« on: October 09, 2009, 10:10:57 AM »

No. The Republicans successfully exploited their failure to keep the country safe into a good half decade of electoral success.

Um...correct me if I'm wrong...but weren't we safe from attack after 9/11 until the present under mostly Republican leadership?

Under whose leadership did 9/11 occur?

I'm not necessarily blaiming it on that leadership, but it's incredibly hypocritic to come with the "he kept us safe" bull without regarding that simple fact.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 01:59:19 PM »

No. The Republicans successfully exploited their failure to keep the country safe into a good half decade of electoral success.

Um...correct me if I'm wrong...but weren't we safe from attack after 9/11 until the present under mostly Republican leadership?

Under whose leadership did 9/11 occur?

I'm not necessarily blaiming it on that leadership, but it's incredibly hypocritic to come with the "he kept us safe" bull without regarding that simple fact.

Gimme a break, Franz...those guys were making their marydr videos in January 2000, that attack was in the planning stages going back to the beginning of Clinton's second term.

I repeat, who was in power when the attack happened?

And again, that isn't saying all that much, but please don't start with the bulls**t about Bush keeping us safe when it's perfectly clear that he did not, in fact, actually do that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies