Why evolution is wrong: peanut butter (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:05:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Why evolution is wrong: peanut butter (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why evolution is wrong: peanut butter  (Read 2154 times)
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« on: April 04, 2007, 05:09:48 PM »

Wow, just wow. I don't think I've ever heard a more ignorant and asinine argument against evolution EVER. The banana one was pretty funny too.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 02:11:37 PM »

It more disproves spontaneous generation, I mean evolution is a farce but this is far from the reason.

Well, the actual concept of spontaneous generation was disproved long ago - IIRC that concept was the idea that things like insects and whatnot just appeared by the will of God while people weren't looking under the right conditions. For example, if I leave a piece of meat out then maggots and flies will spring to life from it, probably because God did it. Of course science showed this to be wrong - Francesco Redi did an experiment using meat in sealed and unsealed containers to be precise. If these people are trying to act as if those supporting evolution support that theory, they're barking up the wrong tree even if they're correct that this kind of generation of life does not occur.

What the actual major scientific theory for the origin of life is is that in earlier times the makeup of Earth's atmosphere and oceans was quite different. The conditions allowed for the creation of organic molecules, which later managed to group together by chance and become extremely simple single celled organisms. Though the exact conditions are not known nor have they been replicated, the Miller-Urey experiment showed that the creation of organic molecules is possible using the gasses that were thought to be the main components of a much younger Earth's atmosphere. However, the peanut butter argument is again invalid simply because the conditions for creating a jar of peanut butter are not the same as those of Earth at the time life theoretically came about.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies