The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 10:59:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII  (Read 170045 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« on: December 31, 2018, 05:06:55 PM »

Climate change denial is still very relevant in a policy and political sense, so to refuse to discuss it seems rather strange.  The ban seems to imply that otherwise credible SMEs who reject climate change will not be allowed on the show, and that creates a very poor precedent as well.

Science doesn't (and shouldn't) determine the bounds of public discourse.  But alas, our mainstream media handlers apparently know better.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 11:27:07 AM »

Marijuana IS addictive; it's HIGHLY addictive.  People don't view it as such because it's fat soluble.  Because it's fat soluble, it's half-life is much longer than water-soluble drugs, meaning that it stays in your system MUCH longer, but the flipside of this is that withdrawal symptoms are much less profounc because of the longer half-life.

When I was a substance abuse counselor, I found many folks whose idea of recovery was the "Marijuana Maintenance Program".  They were willing to give up all drugs, including alcohol.  (I had lots of clients claiming they "didn't like" alcohol, and that seemed evident.)  But these folks HAD to have their weed.  They HAD to have it, KNOWING that it would stay in their system, KNOWING that they'd test positive for employment drug tests, etc.  They HAD to have it, and refused to live without it.  This was NOT logical, but it was evident that having weed was a part of these people's addictive norms, and the most stubborn part of it. 

I'm not in that field currently, and the world of Medical Marijuana Cards, etc, is a brave new world on this topic.  There are thousands of substance abusers, including those who are now looking to "get on the card" as if it were just another psychotropic medication.  I don't know what exactly I think about this, but I do know that we have created a society where millions of people are desperate to feel better than they do normally.  I also know that we have created a society where millions have been traumatized and suffer from some degree of post-traumatic stress, up to and including PTSD.  Cracking down on Big Pharma, Pill Mills, and the like won't do a thing to relieve THAT problem.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 12:40:26 PM »

He's right. It doesn't matter what kind of education or experience anybody has when it comes to speaking the truth. Anybody, no matter who they are, are capable or lying and spreading fraudulent information.

need to go to the thread for context
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies