Donna Brazile: How the Clinton campaign ran the DNC (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 08:59:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Donna Brazile: How the Clinton campaign ran the DNC (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Donna Brazile: How the Clinton campaign ran the DNC  (Read 13244 times)
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« on: November 02, 2017, 08:10:19 AM »
« edited: November 02, 2017, 08:12:04 AM by superbudgie1582 »

Obama and Debbie bankrupted the DNC, Hillary came in and used her Victory Fund to make it solvent again. By doing that however, the Clinton Campaign had greater influence over the DNC than they should have before Hillary was the actual nominee. It sucks that Hillary got stuck saving the DNC, it sucks that Bernie had a thumb on the scale against him and it sucks Brazile feels the need to inflame tensions between the wings of the party to sell a book.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 06:32:42 PM »

The response by most Democrats in this thread is sad.

The main gist I get from the comments is basically
"That uppity b***h just wants to sell books"

It’s true.

Bottom line, the result of the primary reflected the will of the people, unlike the general election. And nothing the DNC did affected the result more than them nuking the entire state’s of Florida and Michigan in ‘08 for O.

I remember watching Donna Brazile chastise the Florida and Michigan democratic parties for not following the rules when she voted no on seating Florida and Michigan's delegates in 2008. Really rubbed me the wrong way.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 09:37:33 PM »

2016 is never going to end, is it? Dreamers will be getting deported and we'll still be arguing over caucus turnout and superdelegates. It's upsetting.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 10:29:06 PM »

Wow Just Wow. Clinton bought the DNC for just 20M $? That is the price for a candidate to buy the DNC in a Presidential year. Not just Sanders in 2016, but Booker or Harris or any other candidate in 2020 will gladly take this deal.

And the people who are justifying this deserve to have President Trump. You can't support such corruption, subversion of democracy & shadiness & then oppose Trump.

The DNC probably won't be bankrupt when 2020 comes around so I don't think it'll be an issue.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 09:05:00 AM »

Donna could have atleast waited till the 8th, ya know...

Democrats dont need bad press right before a competitive and important governors race.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2017, 09:28:52 AM »

Donna could have atleast waited till the 8th, ya know...

Democrats dont need bad press right before a competitive and important governors race.
Yeah I'm sure this is going to kill Northam's chances /s

I wouldn't go that far, but bad press is bad press. If Northam does loose(and thats a big if) by a small amount, you'll definitely see this thread lit up with speculation about Brazile's timing.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2017, 10:29:13 AM »

How is "Undemocratic" to ask people to engage & talk over an election?
Hillary supporters have jobs. They didn't have 12 hours out of the day to sit around defending their vote and being shouted down by Bernie supporters.

That’s exactly what Republicans love to say. Nice.

The jobs argument doesn really work. But caucuses favor younger, healthier people who can afford to hang out in a hot auditorium for multiple hours. If a caucus has to happen, many states that Sanders won by convincing amounts should look into easier to obtain absentee ballots.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2017, 10:48:05 AM »

The Democrats would be in better shape right now if they had been honest about the fact that they were going to ram through Hillary's nomination, and that was that.  Folks might have understood that somewhat.  People understand the logic of "We're doing this, and no one here wants to be responsible for blowing this!".  Instead, the whole thing was done with Hillary Clinton phoniness.  

The Clintons actually BOUGHT the Democratic Party apparatus, in a real sense.  That's crappy at a number of levels, but the slimy part was that it was secretive, in an attempt to make Hillary look like a candidate with real popular appeal.  Given the REAL relationship between the Clintons and the Democratic Party post 2012, is it unreasonable to wonder if those early polls that made Hillary such a prohibitive favorite with sky-high approval ratings weren't bogus?  At one time, I thought Hillary was the most prohibitive favorite in the history of Presidential politics, based on poll numbers, but when you look at the REAL relationship between the Clintons and the Democratic Party, you have to wonder.  How tough is it, really, when you "own" your political party to whip up bogus polls?

I can't believe Donald Trump hasn't known this all along, either.  I suspect the only folks in the dark (outside of the general public) were (A) Bernie and (B) the other GOP contenders.  

Bernie was apparently told all this by Brazille before the primary was over, according to her story. And he STILL endorsed Clinton, campaigned for her constantly, and apparently never once felt the urge to leak this story himself.

But according to the Clintonites he's still an awful, scheming, ((selfish)), crazy person who did everything in his power to ruin Hillary's chances.  

Hillary was and is and always will be an absolute and total failure.

Its comments like this that make alot of us liberals struggle to unify with the radical left. Just move on, we'll vote for a Berniecrat in 2020 if they win the nomination, so putting down Hillary wont do anything but further an unnecessary divide.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2017, 11:07:07 AM »

The Democrats would be in better shape right now if they had been honest about the fact that they were going to ram through Hillary's nomination, and that was that.  Folks might have understood that somewhat.  People understand the logic of "We're doing this, and no one here wants to be responsible for blowing this!".  Instead, the whole thing was done with Hillary Clinton phoniness.  

The Clintons actually BOUGHT the Democratic Party apparatus, in a real sense.  That's crappy at a number of levels, but the slimy part was that it was secretive, in an attempt to make Hillary look like a candidate with real popular appeal.  Given the REAL relationship between the Clintons and the Democratic Party post 2012, is it unreasonable to wonder if those early polls that made Hillary such a prohibitive favorite with sky-high approval ratings weren't bogus?  At one time, I thought Hillary was the most prohibitive favorite in the history of Presidential politics, based on poll numbers, but when you look at the REAL relationship between the Clintons and the Democratic Party, you have to wonder.  How tough is it, really, when you "own" your political party to whip up bogus polls?

I can't believe Donald Trump hasn't known this all along, either.  I suspect the only folks in the dark (outside of the general public) were (A) Bernie and (B) the other GOP contenders.  

Bernie was apparently told all this by Brazille before the primary was over, according to her story. And he STILL endorsed Clinton, campaigned for her constantly, and apparently never once felt the urge to leak this story himself.

But according to the Clintonites he's still an awful, scheming, ((selfish)), crazy person who did everything in his power to ruin Hillary's chances.  

Hillary was and is and always will be an absolute and total failure.

Its comments like this that make alot of us liberals struggle to unify with the radical left. Just move on, we'll vote for a Berniecrat in 2020 if they win the nomination, so putting down Hillary wont do anything but further an unnecessary divide.

It’s amazing to me that anyone could think Sanders supporters (a candidate whose most radical policy is universal healthcare, which every other developed country posses) are “radical left.” It shows how truly right-wing American politics really is.

I don’t think anyone’s really going to “just move on,” at least not until Hillary and her supporters concede that Clinton and her campaign engaged in unethical behavior to heavily tilt the DNC and, by extension, the primaries in her favor. And, more importantly than that, that her allies in the infrastructure of the Democratic Party stop using their power to disempower and disregard Sanders supporters and allies.

I was taught in college(so a while ago) that its:

radical - liberal - moderate - conservative - reactionary

I only meant Sanders supporters are to the left of liberals. Not that they're extremists. 

And you dont have to move on, but calling Hillary a total and absolute failure will only serve to divide us. Attack how the primary or the general election campaign was handled, but many democrats, including myself, still like Hillary.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2017, 02:51:05 PM »

Interesting is, that the so-called "media" is barely reporting and pretending it is no scandal. Imagine President Trump had done something sililar, all the liberal hacks would go crazy. No wonder lots of Berniebros supported Trump in the end.

MSNBC just grilled Northam on this f.y.i. The media isnt ignoring it.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2017, 02:55:44 PM »

Interesting is, that the so-called "media" is barely reporting and pretending it is no scandal. Imagine President Trump had done something sililar, all the liberal hacks would go crazy. No wonder lots of Berniebros supported Trump in the end.

MSNBC just grilled Northam on this f.y.i. The media isnt ignoring it.
I saw that. It was the first mention of it I've seen on a channel that isn't Fox News. That's hardly "coverage."

Untrue, I know MSNBC has discussed this multiple times today.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2017, 04:59:50 PM »

Donna Brazile can f#ck off for all I care...

I'm done. This scandal was bullsh**t.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/memo-reveals-details-hillary-clinton-dnc-deal-n817411
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2017, 05:05:36 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Everyone who jumped on Hillary can shove it.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/memo-reveals-details-hillary-clinton-dnc-deal-n817411
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2017, 05:25:20 PM »

So someone has accused Clinton of cheating again and failed? Typical.

Except all of the "context" outlined in that article was plainly set up by Clinton to keep things legal and provide deniability for their motives.

Give it up. You all have zero on Clinton, while Trump's campaign manager was indicted this week. Again, give it up.

How dare us peasants criticize Hillary!

When it involves a bullsh**t scandal.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2017, 05:51:47 PM »

Im done with this party. Im done with politics(for the time being). Im done with the media. God knows if I'm even gonna vote on Tuesday. Hillary deserves so much better.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2017, 06:09:57 PM »

Im done with this party. Im done with politics(for the time being). Im done with the media. God knows if I'm even gonna vote on Tuesday. Hillary deserves so much better.

I hope other hacks follow your example.

I hope you learn some decency. No one forces you to be an asshole on here, I'm not sure why you choose to be.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2017, 12:11:20 PM »

I love how all the Hillarybots here thrashing wildly in desperation. What goes around comes around.

Yes it does, hence why democrats need to focus on Tuesday and 2018 and not 2016.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies