If marijuana is so dangerous, what's going to happen in Colorado and Washington? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:39:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  If marijuana is so dangerous, what's going to happen in Colorado and Washington? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If marijuana is so dangerous, what's going to happen in Colorado and Washington?  (Read 1549 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« on: May 12, 2014, 05:32:24 PM »

I support legalising, but if I was going to take a devil's advocate position then:

- High taxes mean the black market for marijuana still is rampant, but now demand is higher and the drug is hard to control.

- Their is still no fantastic way to test for THC use for drivers.

- Federal laws mean cannabis businesses need to use hard cash, because they can't use banks - this means they are targets for robbery.

- Demand rises. We don't know what effects more people smoking marijuana will have on society.

As I said, I'm in favour and think most of these arguments are kind of bogus (although I think many legalisation proponents ludicrously overemphasize its importance), but you never know what crazy things can happen, until you do it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies