DC Unrest Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:05:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DC Unrest Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DC Unrest Megathread  (Read 272822 times)
Former Crackhead Mike Lindell
Randall
« on: January 06, 2021, 05:32:49 PM »

Hi - it's page 38 and I just got here. Can someone please give me a quick rundown of what I missed?
Randall
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 05:45:05 PM »

Randall
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 08:34:44 PM »

Dear Senators,

Nice speech. Well written. Bravo. Maybe just tweet it out though. You don't need to use up all five minutes. Certify the results.

Thanks
Randall
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 08:49:12 PM »

Cory Booker is always good for some righteous anger
Randall
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 08:57:23 PM »

Sir, congress was attacked. Someone died a few feet from where you're standing. Save the jokes for another day
Randall
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 09:09:04 PM »

All these cowards resigning today: Principled stand, or were they holding out hope that Trump might cheat his way into a second term?
Randall
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2021, 09:19:55 PM »

Who is sat behind Hawley, next to Romney?
Randall
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2021, 09:56:24 PM »

Wow: Lindsey Graham DEFIANTLY and BRAVELY accepts election results. Inspiring.
Randall
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2021, 10:30:16 PM »

Ron Wyden has a Garry Shandling-type oddness
Randall
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2021, 03:17:25 PM »

Is the process for removing a president in need of an overhaul, or do the people around him need to find some courage? The 25th was written more with ‘debilitating stroke’ in mind, rather than a resistant POTUS with bad intent, likely undergoing a mental breakdown
Randall
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2021, 05:52:36 AM »

DeVos and Chao are cowards. Why resign now? Stay and push for the 25th. If he tries to fire you, good. It's more of a statement than a toothless eleventh hour resignation. Absolute cowardice. The path of least resistance. All to be more accepted in their elite social circles. "Oh, that Trump was awful, that's why I had to resign." "Hmm. Yes. Quite."

Rats fleeing a sinking ship comes to mind, but in this case they could actually do something if they stayed. Awful, awful people, and I hope no one forgets it.
Randall
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2021, 10:30:07 AM »

The "Parties to the civil conflict", "Lead figures", and "Units involved" in the Wikipedia infobox kind of makes that whole affair sound like the 1991 and 1993 Russian coup attempts, which also usually pitted President vs. Vice President and/or Parliament.

Thanks for sharing this! Hadn't checked the page on this since yesterday. Love me a good wikipedia infobox. Really drills home the historic nature of it all, you know?
Randall
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2021, 01:37:15 PM »

Sen Roy Blunt: Trump "learned his lesson", shouldn't resign

Quote from: Daily Beast
Remember when Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME) explained away her decision to acquit President Donald Trump of impeachment last year because, in her opinion, “the president has learned from this case?”

Well, Sen. Roy Blunt (R-MO) gave us the sequel to that hopelessly naive notion on Sunday morning.

“I think the country is the right way to hold presidents accountable,” he said. “The president should be very careful over the next 10 days that his behavior is what you would expect from the leader of the greatest country in the world.”

“My personal view is that the president touched the hot stove on Wednesday and is unlikely to touch it again,” the senator continued. “And if that’s the case, we get—every day we get closer to the last day of his presidency. We should be thinking more about the first day of the next presidency than the last day of his presidency.”

Beyond parody...
Randall
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2021, 06:32:49 AM »

I don't mean this in a vindictive way, although I understand how it might seem like that, but has anyone noticed that Trump supporters are really trashy? Even Trump himself seems to have noticed it, as he reportedly expressed disgust on aesthetic grounds over how “low class” his supporters looked. But it is about behavior as well as appearance. In my view if you really love Trump, and you want to represent him, you have the obligation to look good and carry yourself well, since your behavior reflects on those of Trump supporters as a whole.

They tried that once - remember Charlottesville? They all dressed in khakis and white polo shirts. Looked even worse.
Randall
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2021, 03:11:51 PM »

If anyone's interested, Trump's speaking now
Randall
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2021, 04:56:42 PM »

I think senate conviction is likely. Question is: when? Are we looking at a speedy trial, in time for a removal? Or something more prolonged, with a conviction happening during Biden's term?
Randall
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2021, 08:32:41 AM »

FYI: Impeachment vote coverage starts at 9am EST this morning. 

Which network should I watch??
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies