Percentage of Hispanic vote Marco Rubio would win if nominated (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 12:14:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Percentage of Hispanic vote Marco Rubio would win if nominated (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Percentage of Hispanic vote Marco Rubio would win if nominated  (Read 6579 times)
Zarn
YaBB God

« on: April 24, 2010, 03:01:12 PM »
« edited: April 24, 2010, 03:04:18 PM by TrueRepublicIran »

Cuban-Americans have been drifting away from the Right as Fidel Castro becomes less relevant...

That explains why I am left-wing.... oh wait.

Maybe my siblings? Errr... nope.

Cubans in Florida? Uh... not really...

Cuban politicians? Oh wait, that's Rubio.

Who then?

Cuban Americans are still well aware of who the Castros are. The younger generation simply does not want the embargo. Big difference.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 03:15:41 PM »

Cuban-Americans have been drifting away from the Right as Fidel Castro becomes less relevant...

Who then?

Cuban Americans are still well aware of who the Castros are. The younger generation simply does not want the embargo. Big difference.

Strangely enough, you don't live in Florida...Yes, Cubans in Florida are moving to the left.  I would know, I lived in Florida up until last spring.

Also, your generalizations are horrible.  "My siblings and I are right-wing, which means all Cubans must be right wing!111!! DUH!11!!!"

You have Mel Martinez, Marco Rubio, and Carlos Alvarez...That's it for Florida.

Look, the refugees vote Republican.  The refugees aren't going to be around forever.  Look at the polling, and you'll see that Hispanics under 30 in Miami-Dade voted overwhelmingly for Obama - something like 70 to 30.

You the one that made the biggest generalization. The only generalization I made was that Cubans Americans in Florida were not moving all that much (which is true). You generalization was that they all moved far to the left.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 03:20:08 PM »

If you're talking about 2012, I could see him receiving a maximum of 40% (and that is probably way optimistic). If you're talking about 2016 or another election in the future, I could theoretically see him winning 50-55%, but probably no more than that.

I agree that it won't be higher. I actually think the ceiling is about 45%. There won't be an overwhelmingly monumental appeal.

The only thing that could allow that to even happen is that Hispanics just come to the center of the American political spectrum a bit giving the Republicans some votes.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 04:44:34 PM »

Who then?

Strangely enough, you don't live in Florida...Yes, Cubans in Florida are moving to the left.  I would know, I lived in Florida up until last spring.

Also, your generalizations are horrible.  "My siblings and I are right-wing, which means all Cubans must be right wing!111!! DUH!11!!!"

You have Mel Martinez, Marco Rubio, and Carlos Alvarez...That's it for Florida.

Look, the refugees vote Republican.  The refugees aren't going to be around forever.  Look at the polling, and you'll see that Hispanics under 30 in Miami-Dade voted overwhelmingly for Obama - something like 70 to 30.

You the one that made the biggest generalization. The only generalization I made was that Cubans Americans in Florida were not moving all that much (which is true). You generalization was that they all moved far to the left.

lolwut?

I used polling numbers, not my own goddamn opinion like you.

http://www.alternet.org/election08/105956/miami-dade_leaning_democratic_as_cubans_age/

That's not even an election day exit poll and in a heavily Demcoratic leaning year. Yet, still the Cubans favored McCain.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies