Gun Control - Opinions? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 07:23:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Gun Control - Opinions? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gun Control - Opinions?  (Read 8640 times)
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: October 05, 2015, 11:29:08 PM »
« edited: October 06, 2015, 12:01:24 AM by Green Line »

Ideally, abolish the 2nd amendment and ban all privately held guns except in extremely narrow hunting cases.  I know that's not politically possible so in the meantime I support doing everything possible to make guns more difficult to obtain.  

The second amendment was written in a time when automatic/semi-automatic weapons did not exist.  Guns were not as dangerous back then because they took so long to reload and fire, mass shootings couldn't really happen.  I sincerely believe if the founders were around today they would never support people owning the kinds of guns we have now.  And even if they did support it, who cares what they think?  They weren't perfect
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 11:31:36 PM »

Ideally, abolish the 2nd amendment and ban all privately held weapons except in extremely narrow hunting cases.  I know that's not politically possible so in the meantime I support doing everything possible to make guns more difficult to obtain. 

The second amendment was written in a time when automatic weapons did not exist.  Guns were not as dangerous back then because they took so long to reload and fire, mass killings couldn't really happen.  I sincerely believe if the founders were around today they would never support people owning the kinds of guns we have now.  And even if they did support it, who cares what they think?  They weren't perfect

Sarcasm or...

No, why?
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 12:11:30 AM »

Ideally, abolish the 2nd amendment and ban all privately held weapons except in extremely narrow hunting cases.  I know that's not politically possible so in the meantime I support doing everything possible to make guns more difficult to obtain. 

The second amendment was written in a time when automatic weapons did not exist.  Guns were not as dangerous back then because they took so long to reload and fire, mass killings couldn't really happen.  I sincerely believe if the founders were around today they would never support people owning the kinds of guns we have now.  And even if they did support it, who cares what they think?  They weren't perfect

Sarcasm or...

No, why?

Considering you're a republican, that's a radical position to take.

Sometimes it's easy for people to sit on their computers and talk about being for gun rights and the 2nd Amendment while not experiencing or understanding the repercussions of gun violence.  It's a pro-life position.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies