Atlas liberals, centrists and leftists: Our discord server is open for new invites!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 07:26:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Atlas liberals, centrists and leftists: Our discord server is open for new invites!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlas liberals, centrists and leftists: Our discord server is open for new invites!  (Read 417 times)
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 14, 2023, 12:03:26 PM »

Hi. People who are liberal, centrist, leftist or generally are looking for a place to find like-minded people in to engage with, you're welcome to join our server. We have grown quite a bit since creating it a mere two weeks ago, and we would be glad to welcome you.

You can receive an invite if you send me a message on the forum or alternatively i can also add you directly to the server if you send a direct message on discord (my username is lakigigar) and i'll add you to the server.

Laki
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2023, 12:12:06 PM »
« Edited: October 14, 2023, 12:16:48 PM by Horus »

Cool, but politically why would you want to engage with like minded people? That sounds like an echo chamber. I want an echo chamber when I'm talking about Beyonce, not politics.
Blow by blow, the passion dies
LeonelBrizola
YaBB God
Brazil

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2023, 12:22:46 PM »

Cool, but politically why would you want to engage with like minded people? That sounds like an echo chamber. I want an echo chamber when I'm talking about Beyonce, not politics.
I want an echo chamber when something political makes me mad
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2023, 12:26:13 PM »

I want an echo chamber when something political makes me mad

At least you are honest. 95% of people on this forum rail against safe spaces so I find these ideologically segregated discords amusing because that's exactly what they are.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2023, 12:42:47 PM »

Well, not all leftists and liberals have the same opinions and it’s a cool place to hang out and chill so as to be together.

I can confirm that there will be an echo chamber regarding our queen.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2023, 12:44:03 PM »

10/10, Awesome Server, would recommend.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2023, 12:44:31 PM »

Well, not all leftists and liberals have the same opinions and it’s a cool place to hang out and chill so as to be together.

No, they don't, but it's still a safe space away from conservatives and libertarians.

Anyways, have fun. Just not something I'll ever understand.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2023, 12:45:55 PM »

No, they don't, but it's still a safe space away from conservatives and libertarians.

There's a specific role for Libertarians, who I also assume (as long as they aren't like, an-cap) would be totally accepted. Conservacord has far stronger rules against 'people of different ideologies' than we've implemented here.

But of course if it just isn't your thing, that's 100% fine. Smiley
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2023, 12:57:52 PM »

I don't understand the desire for safe spaces and echo chambers, on either side. Part of the reason I like Atlas is, even though it is heavily skewed in certain directions, it still provides a platform for dissenting voices without automatically shutting them down or silencing them via the hivemind downvoting them or mods banning them like most subreddits.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2023, 01:03:00 PM »
« Edited: October 14, 2023, 01:06:28 PM by Robespierre Did Nothing Wrong »

I don't understand the desire for safe spaces and echo chambers, on either side. Part of the reason I like Atlas is, even though it is heavily skewed in certain directions, it still provides a platform for dissenting voices without automatically shutting them down or silencing them via the hivemind downvoting them or mods banning them like most subreddits.

Honestly, most of the conversations that go on in discords like this aren't even political. They're mostly sh**t-posting and making jokes or talking about non-political stuff which for obvious reasons you may not want on the forum? And as PSOL said considering we want people from the Center to the Left that clearly means not everyone here is in a 'safe-space' where we all agree. Again, these comments seem to just come from people who already don't use these platforms and thus they don't like them... But why do you get to make such strong statements when you literally don't even know what's being discussed in those places? Lol.

But yes, I do like being able to discuss certain issues /w others in a more 'relaxed' avenue than Atlas where every post is permanent (mostly) and, for valid reasons, 'sh**t-posting' needs to be limited. 'Safe-spaces' and 'Echo-Chambers' don't play into it, unless it's outright insults and trolling like on Lokcord which wouldn't last here, either.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2023, 01:16:45 PM »

You are welcome to join, and of course i'm open to engage with people with different opinions. The only thing i want to avoid is toxicity or an unmoderated server where people freely can troll (like in OG Lokcord).

Secondly, even within the left and center, obviously people differ from opinion on a multitude of issues, so it's not an echochamber. People are more diverse than just left vs right.

LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2023, 01:19:23 PM »

Given the repeated calls or attempts from multiple users to ban me for something I turned out to be right on later on has proven otherwise. Though the moderation has indeed proven to be not like that.

Besides the upvoting feature is obviously a hivemindeded feature as well.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2023, 01:25:56 PM »

Look, I can always bring in the historical work of Bill Bland and Grover Furr in vindicating Stalin over capitalist historiography to occasionally break open the safe space, but not having a lefty discord makes it harder to enrich the forum itself in open debate by providing a unifying space.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2023, 03:53:47 AM »

There's a specific role for Libertarians, who I also assume (as long as they aren't like, an-cap) would be totally accepted. Conservacord has far stronger rules against 'people of different ideologies' than we've implemented here.

But of course if it just isn't your thing, that's 100% fine. Smiley

I mean the only way this is possible is if you allow people from the center right to be in the cord. CCord have posters who would be considered similar ideologically to Spectator/PQG all the way to as right wing as Deadprez so we are an extremely ideologically diverse cord.

Atlas Republicans/Conservatives are far far more ideologically divided than people think on here. It's just that USGD stories generally tend to be on the left so we all seem to be in agreement there but if things were the opposite I could tell you we would not be and you guys would all seem to be in agreement.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2023, 04:32:30 AM »

I will soon enough get on it but where I am at server only. Connected to this one whom want to argue with Conserv anyways, Trump isn't going to win I just posted 303 numbers that contradict EMERSON

Just like the Country is trending left since Reagan era, due to income inequality in face of a Great Recession, we never fully recovered from 1st but we had another COVID PANDEMIC
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies