Is TX Conservative Dem Really a Registered Democrat?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 01:07:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is TX Conservative Dem Really a Registered Democrat?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ....Or Is His Screen Name Just For Trolling?
Real Conservative Democrat

No Way

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: Is TX Conservative Dem Really a Registered Democrat?  (Read 3326 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2014, 12:37:59 PM »
« edited: March 30, 2014, 12:42:36 PM by Badger »

What is this ?

First off all, this smear campaign against me is an INSULT !

Second, I've split my ballot between Republicans and Democrats in statewide and countywide races and will continue to do so.

Third, I've been voting since 2003 and I'm 28 years-old (born in May 1985).

Fourth, these comments y'all have been making is crap.

Questioning whether you're really a registered Democrat is a "smear campaign"?  Lol!

So, TCD, who's the last Democrat you've voted for above the county level?

The thing is, being registered as a Democrat and voting for Democrats is an entirely different thing. For instance I am a registered Democrat because of one single race (which I did vote for the Democrat in) and voted Republican on almost the entire rest of my ballot (minus a couple local offices). Being registered as something doesn't mean anything about ideology or general voting preferences. I suppose it wouldn't be a total ruse if I sported a D-OH avatar to match my registration but I don't because in general support the Democratic Party.

Likewise, your question right back you, Badger, who's the last Republican you've voted for above the county level?
As I mentioned in my OP, I'm very aware there's a difference between the registration and ideology of many southern Democrats. Your story doesn't jive, however. As pointed out by multiple posters, registration in TX is based on primary voting, not "having voted for one Democrat and the rest Republicans" on the general election ballot as you so disingenuiosly claim.

So, you want us to believe, in light of your posting history, that you passed up on voting for numerous contested GOP races that will almost surely determine that ultimate officeholder among candidates whom you share an obvious strong ideological affinity for? Or that you chose to cast your primary ballot for Wendy Davis or her no name opponent? Or Kinky Friedman or his opponents? Or Van De Puete (sp?)? Or that you skipped the primary entirely?

Please. You voted in the Republican primary a few weeks ago and we all know it. You MAYBE voted in an odd off-year Democratic primary, but those are the clear exceptions.

I call BS, so I started this thread. You're not a Zell Miller Democrat; you're no more a Democrat than Rick Perry.

Do you want to know who I voted for in the 2012 Republican primary (no contested races last year in my precinct)? All the winning candidates except Romney. Your turn.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2014, 12:46:24 PM »

Huh Pray, do elaborate.
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2014, 02:12:50 PM »

The guy just called me a piece of s[inks] in a PM, yeah, why is this guy still around?
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2014, 02:17:06 PM »

TX Conservative Dem is pretty clearly just a troll, likely a sock of some other poster. The way he randomly threatens people and makes a billion dumb posts about things nobody cares about make me doubt he's sincere.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2014, 02:19:43 PM »

FTR, I am a genuine registered Republican.

Well yes, but so was (is?) Joe, so...
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2014, 02:30:17 PM »

No, he can't be a registered Democrat regardless of who he votes for because Texas doesn't have party registration.

That being said, as several people have pointed out, party registration is different from party identification which can itself be distinct from ideology.

That being said, he's probably not a Democrat by any definition because he's pretty clearly just a troll. He's started numerous troll threads/ nonsensical threads in the wrong boards.

So no, he isn't.

TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2014, 03:06:32 PM »

What is this ?

First off all, this smear campaign against me is an INSULT !

Second, I've split my ballot between Republicans and Democrats in statewide and countywide races and will continue to do so.

Third, I've been voting since 2003 and I'm 28 years-old (born in May 1985).

Fourth, these comments y'all have been making is crap.

Questioning whether you're really a registered Democrat is a "smear campaign"?  Lol!

So, TCD, who's the last Democrat you've voted for above the county level?

The thing is, being registered as a Democrat and voting for Democrats is an entirely different thing. For instance I am a registered Democrat because of one single race (which I did vote for the Democrat in) and voted Republican on almost the entire rest of my ballot (minus a couple local offices). Being registered as something doesn't mean anything about ideology or general voting preferences. I suppose it wouldn't be a total ruse if I sported a D-OH avatar to match my registration but I don't because in general support the Democratic Party.

Likewise, your question right back you, Badger, who's the last Republican you've voted for above the county level?
As I mentioned in my OP, I'm very aware there's a difference between the registration and ideology of many southern Democrats. Your story doesn't jive, however. As pointed out by multiple posters, registration in TX is based on primary voting, not "having voted for one Democrat and the rest Republicans" on the general election ballot as you so disingenuiosly claim.

So, you want us to believe, in light of your posting history, that you passed up on voting for numerous contested GOP races that will almost surely determine that ultimate officeholder among candidates whom you share an obvious strong ideological affinity for? Or that you chose to cast your primary ballot for Wendy Davis or her no name opponent? Or Kinky Friedman or his opponents? Or Van De Puete (sp?)? Or that you skipped the primary entirely?

Please. You voted in the Republican primary a few weeks ago and we all know it. You MAYBE voted in an odd off-year Democratic primary, but those are the clear exceptions.

I call BS, so I started this thread. You're not a Zell Miller Democrat; you're no more a Democrat than Rick Perry.

Do you want to know who I voted for in the 2012 Republican primary (no contested races last year in my precinct)? All the winning candidates except Romney. Your turn.

I wrote that, not TX Conservative Dem (and I assume you already know whom I voted for).

Interestingly, you have still avoided answering your own question, who's the last Republican you've voted for above the county level? I assumed you meant in a general election and not a primary.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2014, 09:07:51 PM »

Badger had a red avatar for the longest time, so I assumed the blue avatar was ironic.  People don't actually switch from Democrat to Republican for reals any more, do they?

Yeah, I never understood the ironic blue avatar thing. I think King has one too, and IRRc your old blue avatar was also ironic. Why do people do that? Id there something I'm missing? Should I start ironically wearing a red avatar? I just don't get it...

I might wear a gray avatar just for kicks.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2014, 09:30:19 PM »

In Texas you don't really register with one party or the other. Every election year, voters get to choose which primary they vote in.

Really? Much like Ohio then.

That seals it. Does anyone really think he voted in the Davis what's his name primary? Or between Clinton and Obama in 08? Or for Kerry/Edwards in 04?

Either he votes every odd year primary for his Democratic cousin's reelection to city council, or he's only remained a Democrat by default by not voting in a primary since before Ann Williams was governor. Neither being remotely likely, he's almost surely a troll.
Who is Ann Williams?

Sorry, I meant Ann Richards. Got confused with Claytie Williams.
I actually worked for Clayton briefly, he had a company called Claydesta i was a temp.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2014, 12:18:41 AM »

Santorum?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2014, 04:50:50 PM »

TX Conservative Dem is pretty clearly just a troll, likely a sock of some other poster. The way he randomly threatens people and makes a billion dumb posts about things nobody cares about make me doubt he's sincere.

"Troll" I largely agree with. "Sock", however, has other distinct connotations......
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies