Strike spreads to Western Kentucky (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:34:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Strike spreads to Western Kentucky (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Strike spreads to Western Kentucky  (Read 1738 times)
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« on: January 21, 2005, 07:49:20 PM »

Why don't you try to achieve someting for the Atlasian working man through the Senate and not through the streets? Why do this when you have enough power in the Senate to propose legislation in the Senate that would help, better, the workers that you represent.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 08:08:22 PM »

Why don't you try to achieve someting for the Atlasian working man through the Senate and not through the streets? Why do this when you have enough power in the Senate to propose legislation in the Senate that would help, better, the workers that you represent.

I think he's just trying to make things interesting by creating some news that doesn't involve the day-to-day goings on of the senate.  I for one applaud that.  If it wasn't for fantasy news like this miners' strike, things would get pretty dull pretty quickly.

Not only that, but it'll give Governor-elect Peter Bell something to do in his first days in office.

Joe the problem is we have a person who is delegated to come up with scenarios. He's called the GM and Al is not the GM. Plus he has done this before. He always paints the companies as crazy, murdering, and evil while he makes the miners look wonderful. If he wants to help those in the mines why doesn't he propose some legislation.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005, 08:18:18 PM »

I think he's just trying to make things interesting by creating some news that doesn't involve the day-to-day goings on of the senate.  I for one applaud that.  If it wasn't for fantasy news like this miners' strike, things would get pretty dull pretty quickly.

Not only that, but it'll give Governor-elect Peter Bell something to do in his first days in office.

Joe the problem is we have a person who is delegated to come up with scenarios. He's called the GM and Al is not the GM. Plus he has done this before. He always paints the companies as crazy, murdering, and evil while he makes the miners look wonderful. If he wants to help those in the mines why doesn't he propose some legislation.

OK, I see.  But still, I haven't really seen very much in the way of scenarios.

If your a good enough newsman you can create stories from the average everday stuff on the forum. JFK drops out of the race, their building a monument for him, Hugh and King getting into the race, and the upcoming presidential election. You don't need to write stories every day.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies