Mark Udall almost pulled it out after all in CO (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 10:59:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Mark Udall almost pulled it out after all in CO (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mark Udall almost pulled it out after all in CO  (Read 6173 times)
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
« on: November 12, 2014, 11:44:26 PM »

I think this shows the Republicans are probably wasting their time if they plan on campaigning in Colorado during the next presidential election.
Okay, let's clear something up here. CO is not a blue state. Purple-blue like PA, perhaps, but not pure blue. If it was a blue state, Democrats would be able to win without campaigning. We're nowhere near that point.

Also, the CO polls finally got something right! RCP had this at Gardner +2.5, just 0.4% off the actual margin. The Gubernatorial race featured the usual republican poll bias though.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 11:54:05 PM »

I think this shows the Republicans are probably wasting their time if they plan on campaigning in Colorado during the next presidential election.

If it was a blue state, Democrats would be able to win without campaigning. We're nowhere near that point.

So they should be pretty well positioned for VA Wink
I'm not saying that CO or VA is lean R at this point. I'm just pointing out that they're not hopeless for republicans like WA is like some people seem to think.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 01:05:54 PM »

If the republicans put up Coffman or Norton, Bennett is likely dead in the water. Renuart or Gessler would give him a tough challenge also.

Even if Hillary is at the top of the ticket, she's a terrible fit for CO and will underperform Obama there by 2-7 points (Bennet won't be able to rely on her coattails).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies