Describe the likely political views of the previous hypothetical person (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 09:34:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Describe the likely political views of the previous hypothetical person (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Describe the likely political views of the previous hypothetical person  (Read 208192 times)
pikachu
United States

« on: March 10, 2015, 09:09:20 PM »

Probably a liberal Democrat. I can see him being to the left of the party median.

Race/Ethnicity: Asian Indian
Education: Graduate degree from a prestigious university
Marital Status: Single
Religion: Devout Hindu

pikachu
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 10:08:45 PM »

Also a strong Democrat who's likely to be a huge supporter of the Clinton campaign.

Race: Hispanic
Education: BA
Hometown: Havana, Cuba
Marital status: Married
Religion: Devout Catholic
pikachu
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 02:20:26 AM »

Republican who will likely vote for Trump

Education: Bachelor's
Home Town: Milan, Italy
Martial Status: Married
Religion: Catholic
pikachu
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 10:58:07 PM »

I'd guess a Democrat who was raised by Republican parents. Probably voted for Sanders in the primary, if she was even registered.

Race: White
Education: High school diploma
Hometown: Trenton, NJ
Marital status: Divorced
Religion: Athiest, formerly Catholic
pikachu
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 01:43:53 AM »

Important Republican donor, who's likely swallowed his pride and voted for Trump.

Hometown: Anaheim, CA
Race/ethnicity: Japanese
Religion: Converted to Catholicism
Marital status: Widowed
Family: Two children
Education: High school diploma
pikachu
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2016, 05:23:28 PM »

Consistent Republican voter, but strikes me as the prototypical #NeverTrumper.

Education: College dropout
Hometown: St. Petersburg, Russia
Marital status: Single
Religion: Athiest, raised Orthodox
pikachu
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2016, 12:21:13 AM »

Longtime liberal Democrat. I can see him going either way in this year's primary, but definitely came home to Hillary pretty early.

Race/Ethnicity: Mexican
Religion: Baptist
Education Level: B.A.
Marital Status: Married
Hometown: East Los Angeles, CA
pikachu
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2016, 07:05:06 PM »

Lifelong Dem who strongly considered pulling the lever for Trump but ultimately voted for Hillary.

Race/Ethnicity: Vietnamese
Hometown: Paris, France
Current Location: Houston, Texas
Religion: Catholic
Marital status: Divorced and remarried
Education status: Master's
pikachu
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2017, 08:41:04 PM »

Typical liberal who's been a strong Democrat her entire life. Was likely a toss-up vote in the primary, but in the end went for Sanders.

Ethnicity: Indian
Education: MBA
Hometown: Schaumburg, IL
Religion: Hindu
Income: $100,000
Marital status: Married
pikachu
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2020, 09:50:32 PM »

Fairly normie millennial left-winger, my guess is she voted for Sanders in the primary. That being said, if she wasn't presumably a unionized worker in the entertainment industry, I could see her being a conservative in another part of the country.

Gender - Male
Race - White Hispanic
Age - 70
Ancestry - Cuban; immigrated with his parents in the '60s
Hometown - Union City, New Jersey
Location - Rutherford, NJ
Sexual orientation - Heterosexual, married with two adult children
Religion - devout Catholic
Occupation - Former electrician
Hobbies and interests - Diehard Yankees fan, parishioner at the local church, volunteering with local Cuban organizations, avid reader
pikachu
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2020, 07:27:19 PM »

Idk enough about Italian politics to comment on who’d he vote for there, but in the US, a trad-ish social democrat who reluctantly votes for Democrats most elections.

Gender - Male
Age - 32
Race - White
Hometown - Lake County, OR
Current location - Los Angeles
Religion - Atheist
Education- BA in Sociology, MFA
Marital status - Married, no kids
Occupation - Unemployed. Formerly worked on the creative side of PR, dream job is making films promoting America for the DoD
Hobbies and interests - Sculpture, reading and writing poetry, reading philosophy
Other - served a tour in Iraq before going to college
pikachu
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2020, 02:36:00 AM »

Idk enough about Italian politics to comment on who’d he vote for there, but in the US, a trad-ish social democrat who reluctantly votes for Democrats most elections.

Gender - Male
Age - 32
Race - White
Hometown - Lake County, OR
Current location - Los Angeles
Religion - Atheist
Education- BA in Sociology, MFA
Marital status - Married, no kids
Occupation - Unemployed. Formerly worked on the creative side of PR, dream job is making films promoting America for the DoD
Hobbies and interests - Sculpture, reading and writing poetry, reading philosophy
Other - served a tour in Iraq before going to college

Voted for McCain but nowadays a liberal hawk, especially thanks to Trump. Moderate on economic issues but strongly critical of Trump due to his statements on the military.

SKIP, but this was actually an old coworker of mine. Guy was kind of weird politically - basically a anti-woke libertarian (not that he'd ever describe himself as that) that who thought the War on Terror was a complete waste of time and money, though I got the impression he was more hawkish on China. Despises Trump, but surprisingly not because of the military comments - more because of the general idiocy.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2021, 10:17:04 PM »

Woke left-winger, could see her being part of the local DSA chapter. Definitely voted for Sanders in both 2016 and 2020, reluctantly voted for Biden in the general because she's extremely anti-Trump.

Ethnicity: White. Mix of various European ethnicities; jokes that he's more of a fourth-generation Iowan than anything else.
Sexual orientation: Straight
Religion: Technically a Methodist, but hasn't stepped into a church for years now.
Family: Single
Hometown: Palos Ranchos Verdes, California
Current Location: Manhattan Beach, California
Education: BA in Communications from Pepperdine. Probably more fair to say that he majored in water polo though. Considering heading to graduate school for a career change.
Occupation: Commercial real estate agent, though never a particularly good one and he knows it. Lockdowns have been rough on him, and he's having a bit an existential crisis about what comes next.
Interests:
-Enjoys hanging out with his former teammates over the weekends and watching the Lakers with them, though it's been harder as more of them have started families and covid threw another wrench into it.
-Has gotten into jiujitsu since a friend told him about it a few years ago. Watches a lot of martial arts videos in his spare time and has gotten more into physical fitness since covid began.
-Big time Swiftie - knows pretty much all of Taylor Swift's songs and the release of Evermore was the highlight of his 2020. Other favorite artists include Halsey and Lorde. Also kind of into Bridgerton rn?
pikachu
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2021, 09:29:06 PM »

Hm, nothing there?

Lives in: Evansville, IN
Born in: Honolulu, HI
Race: Asian (father Filipino immigrant, mother third-gen Hawiian Asian. Divorced when she was young and the father took her to Indiana)
Job: Retail store manager
Salary: $50K
Education: Associate's
Marital status: Divorced
Religion: Catholic (got really into the church in her 20s but started to go only a few times a month after her divorce)
Interests: -Massive basketball fan. Her biggest passion is the Indiana Hoosiers - she tries to make it up to Bloomington at least once a year for a game. Not that big into the NBA because 'they don't really try that hard on defense'. Also coaches youth rec basketball in her free.
-Though less religious than she once was, she still takes part in some church activities. The basketball team she coaches is through the CYO.
-Favorite TV shows include The Bachelor, Top Chef, and competitive reality TV shows like The Challenge and Wipeout. Not super into scripted TV.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2022, 07:02:59 PM »
« Edited: August 15, 2022, 07:10:58 PM by pikachu »

Establishment Dem who’s overall ambivalent about the party but isn’t going to vote GOP out of self-preservation.

College education: Dropped out for personal reasons
Job: Formerly construction, training to be a welder
Relationship: Single
Orientation: Straight
Religion: Atheist
Interests: Woodworking, video games, tabletop games, theater with a particular fondness for musicals even though he knows he can’t sing or dance
pikachu
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2022, 10:29:01 PM »

Probably some Rogan-y stances on a lot of things. If he made $140,000/year, I'd assume Republican for tax reasons and on account of some very bro-y views, but since he makes $140/year, and presumably has to pay child support for three kids, I have to assume Democrat for purely material reasons. At that level of income, I'm assuming my man is living on the streets and could use a basic welfare state.

Race: Asian (Chinese)
Hometown: Shenzhen, China
Relationship Status: Dating a recently graduated Chinese international student
Income: n/a, currently lives with parents
Education: High school graduate, currently attending community college
Interests: Anime, Chinese literature, NBA, improving English skills
Other: Was born in the US to parents who were graduate students but moved back to China six months after he born. Following recent policy changes, the family decided to send him back to the US to live with his older cousin who has a greencard.   
pikachu
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2022, 07:22:06 PM »

Probably some Rogan-y stances on a lot of things. If he made $140,000/year, I'd assume Republican for tax reasons and on account of some very bro-y views, but since he makes $140/year, and presumably has to pay child support for three kids, I have to assume Democrat for purely material reasons. At that level of income, I'm assuming my man is living on the streets and could use a basic welfare state.

Race: Asian (Chinese)
Hometown: Shenzhen, China
Relationship Status: Dating a recently graduated Chinese international student
Income: n/a, currently lives with parents cousin
Education: High school graduate in China, currently attending community college
Interests: Anime, Chinese literature, NBA, improving English skills
Other: Was born in the US to parents who were graduate students but moved back to China six months after he born. Following recent policy changes, the family decided to send him back to the US to live with his older cousin who has a greencard.  
Solidly progressive Dem

Not what I would’ve said. pikachu’s voter is internally inconsistent though, the post doesn’t confirm whether he graduated from high school in China or the US (I’m interpreting this as the former), and he can’t be living with his parents in the US unless they’re all staying with his cousin in Arcadia.

I really need to start proofing what I post here Tongue

Made some edits to make it work.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2023, 10:10:25 PM »

Seems like an archetypical Republican. Wouldn’t be surprised if he was ex-military considering the location. That being said, I don’t quite why he’d be in SD on that income - man’s taking a beating on COL.

Race: Indian (Maharashtrian)
Education: MD
Hometown: Pune, MH
Salary: $300k
Religion: Practicing Hindu
Marital status: Married, wife lives in Pune and isn’t a US citizen
Interests: cricket, football, but the guy’s mainly a workaholic
Kids: 2, one citizen and one not a citizen
Other info: Lived in various Midwestern states in his 30s for medical fellowships, but was deeply over America and left. Moved back recently to help his non-citizen kid with immigration issues and said kid wants to settle in the US. Dr. Hypothetical Voter might stay in America for the long term or he might not, who knows?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies