On-Going Military Coup in Turkey (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 08:55:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  On-Going Military Coup in Turkey (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: On-Going Military Coup in Turkey  (Read 12007 times)
Cory
YaBB God

« on: July 17, 2016, 10:15:08 PM »

Have you checked how many people they killed and tortured in the process?

Sometimes these things have to be done for the greater good. Life isn't always pretty and things aren't always perfect.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 11:19:35 AM »

It was very depressing to read this thread and see the low value that democracy and respect for human life have here (especially because many comments came from red avatars). I am no fan of Erdogan (I really hate him) but I can't support a coup and specially a coup from an army with that background (secular but with no respect for democracy or diversity and very nationalistic).

And sincerely, the concept of "greater good" is gross and disturbing.

So you wouldn't support a coup from the Germany Army in 1935? Because you "can't support a coup"? Especially from "an army with that background"?

All because something is extralegal doesn't mean it's bad. Life isn't that simple.

And what, exactly, was that "greater good", may I inquire? Or am I liable to torture for being so impertinent to ask?

What is the "greater good" varies from person to person, and from ideology to ideology. But in this case I was referring to my belief that it is for the best that Turkey remain a secular state, even if we have to break a few eggs to make the omelet.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies