Lisa From Alaska (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:55:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Lisa From Alaska (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lisa From Alaska  (Read 3785 times)
Progressive
jro660

« on: August 08, 2017, 05:21:22 PM »

READY TO RUMBLE
"Oh what have I done," thought Senator Lisa Murkowski, the Republican renegade from Alaska. It was January 27, 2020, and Murkowski was about to face the agitator in chief from her own party, President Donald Trump. Trump avoided and avoided debating, but with the Iowa Caucuses just a week or so away, Trump reluctantly agreed to debate Murkowski.

Lisa Murkowski, who wore a small "Lisa" pin along with an American flag lapel, read over her main sticking points for the evening. President Trump drove America back into economic uncertainty. Health care for all would be achieved by building on not destroying Obamacare. Tweeting and antagonizing our allies and enemies alike made the military weary and destroyed morale.

Lisa knew this would be an uphill battle. The Fox News Channel was likely to provide thought questions for both her and the President, but she did not expect a friendly audience at the debate. Still, she was buoyed by her supporters and endorsements. Gov. John Kasich (R-OH) announced that day that he would support and vote for Lisa for president, and she began to soak up the support of Never Trump Republican strategists like Tim Miller and Rick Wilson.

But before we get into debate night, let's take a look at how we got here.

NEXT: The Trump Presidency that led to Lisa Murkowski running against the president of her own party.
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 01:59:58 PM »

Trump until Murkowski: A Mess of Epic Proportions

Legislation

The Wall: In 2018, House and Senate GOP passed a bill giving some funding to a border wall. The construction came to a halt when it was discovered that Department of Homeland Security secured a contract with a company that built the wall poorly. In late 2018, a crane collapsed killing 12 workers and due to pending litigation, most construction has been halted.

Health Care: In 2019, exactly a year before the Iowa Caucuses, the House and Senate passed a repeal of Obamacare called ICHA (ay-cha) Individual Choices in Health Act, creating private health care savings accounts for those who want to save to purchase private health insurance. Millions of individuals lost coverage, though the House and Senate passed a bill preventing pre-existing conditions from blocking insurance and allowed people to stay on parent health care until age 25. Murkowski voted against ICHA, but voted for the pre-existing condition and health until age 25 bills.

Foreign Policy

A nearly three year cold conflict has existed between the U.S. and North Korea with battle ships lined up throughout the Pacific. One day, in 2018, Trump was on another extended vacation at a golf course when North Korean war ships moved toward Guam. Trump, due to an extended period of muscular in action, took a fall during a reluctant briefing with reporters. "Why are you bothering me when I'm here?" asked the president, before falling over a single step to reach the podium.

The nasty fall was caught on camera, and the White House reported "minor" effects on the president's vision. Pundits noted that Trump frequently squinted when talking, and gained a substantial amount of weight, adding on to his already bulbous figure.

The Politics

Democrats gained a net of one Senate seat in 2018, defeating Jeff Flake and Dean Heller, while only losing Joe Donnelly of Indiana.

Democrats gained 22 House seats, just short of the amount needed to retake the House.

President Trump's approval rating and favorably numbers were horrid by August 2019, when Sen. Lisa Murkowski launched her bid.

TRUMP APPROVAL NUMBERS BEFORE IOWA DEBATE

National:
Approve     31%
Disapprove 63%

GOP:
Approve      66%
Disapprove  31%

GOP + GOP Leaning Independents
Approve       57%
Disapprove   38%

Overall Independents:
Approve      30%
Disapprove  65%

Iowa GOP caucus goers
Approve       59%
Disapprove   35%
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 02:50:32 PM »

DEBATE NIGHT IN IOWA: January 27, 2020

Notable Lines, Trump

"Secretary Clinton, I'm sorry, Little Lisa, Ms. Senator, sorry I can't tell the difference. Folks you know. You know what I mean out there."

"Wow I'm surprised frankly, Lisa. With all I've done for women. Especially white women. I would have thought you'd be thanking me. Got all of those affirmative action programs so more people can become Alaska senator. I guess not, right folks."

"I ran for office 4 years ago to stop people like this lady over here from making your lives more miserable and we've already done that. Jobs baby, jobs. We've done so much with the jobs situation that Lisa she should again be thanking me just like that lady out there with the pink lips [ostensibly pointing to a member of the audience]."

"Look if you go vote for Lisa whatever her last name is go ahead. I go on vacation and you get a Hillary clone. Is that what you want?"

Notable Lines, Murkowski

"Mr. President, you take Republican voters for granted. You insult all of our intelligence. We see right through your nutty comments and hapless policies."

"I respect your office, Mr. President and guess what I even respect you for getting elected. But you recently called Iowans 'corn pickers' and called New Hampshire a 'drug den.' President Trump, we can't all be billionaires in ivory towers."

"Ladies and gentleman I called out the mess four years ago with President Obama and I'll call out the mess again here with President Trump. Just like President Obama, President Trump has no idea what the heck he's doing."

THE AFTERMATH

Trump campaign manager, and former adviser, Kellyanne Conway explained that Trump's bizarre debate performance was due to his work as president. "Maybe with Lisa Murkowski weren't running a Don Quijote campaign experiment for the Democrats, President Trump would have more time to come up with crafty responses that fit the lame stream media agenda."

A CNN snap poll of Republican voters showed that 52% felt Lisa Murkowski "won or did better" in the debate and 34% who watched thought that Trump "won or did better," while 14% thought neither candidate did better than the other.

GOP likely voters surveyed explained that the debate would have little bearing on their choice in the primary. 19% said the debate made them less likely to vote for Trump, 10% said more likely, and 71% said the debate would make no difference.

Just a few days before Iowa, GOP and GOP-leaning voters nationally support President Trump 63% over Lisa Murkowski, 29%, a six-point bounce for the Alaska senator.

NEXT: IOWA CAUCUS RESULTS
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 03:13:56 PM »

I doubt Murkowski will be able to pull off an upset win Iowa, but I bet her campaign is hoping for a strong double digit showing bolstering her appeal and energizing reluctant supporters in New Hampshire. New Hampshire will be the real make or break test.

I understand that New Hampshire was more favorable to Trump in 2016, but recent polling in our time line shows that Trump is quite vulnerable to a challenger in the granite state. I think Murkowski might be able to pull it off if she plays her cards right.

Also, mind giving us an update on the Democratic primaries. Who won Iowa on that side?

Sure. So just keep in mind Iowa hasn't voted yet. My next post will be Iowa GOP (and Dem.) results.

Here are the candidates in the Democratic primaries going into Iowa:
*Bernie Sanders
*Joe Biden
*Kamala Harris
*Andrew Cuomo
*Martin O'Malley
*Julian Castro
*Steve Bullock
*Seth Moulton
*Cory Booker
*John Delaney

Progressive
jro660

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 01:50:14 PM »

IOWA CAUCUSES

With 75% of the vote in, it's clear that President Trump has defeated Lisa Murkowski in the Iowa Caucuses. The Caucuses were anything but smooth. White supremacist organizations and loosely-aligned pro-Trump groups causes chaos and disruption at numerous GOP caucus sites.

In her Iowa concession speech, Lisa Murkowski congratulated President Trump on winning "the first of many, many contests" in the race. "I got a higher percentage of the vote in Iowa than the President got this time around in 2016. As far as I'm concerned, our campaign is poised to win this thing! Onward to New Hampshire!"

Meanwhile, Gov. Charlie Baker of Massachusetts has been touring New Hampshire with Sen. Murkowski, after endorsing her just before polls closed in Iowa. With the backing of Ohio Gov. John Kasich and Baker, Murkowski hopes to put together a winning coalition of Republicans and independents.

On the Democratic side, Bernie Sanders has won the Iowa Caucuses edging out Joe Biden 37.5% to 32.0%. Kamala Harris came in a distant third place.

NEXT: Trump goes hard after Murkowski; New Hampshire primary results

Also, big kudos to Confused Democrat, who is epically talented with graphics!
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2017, 10:27:43 AM »

New post coming soon. Had some blood work done to figure out why I keep getting the flu. Will be back soon.
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2017, 02:37:20 PM »

I mean it only in the most flattering way when I say that the first image you used of Murkowski really makes her look like America's concerned grandmother.

Consider me a follower.

Haha, that was part of the point in using that particular image, for her to appear like the responsible matriarch.
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2017, 02:19:20 PM »

NEW HAMPSHIRE PRIMARY RESULTS

100% REPORTING
Lisa Murkowski    49.6%
Donald Trump*    46.3%

Granite State gut punch delivered to President Trump as Senator Murkowski pulls off a decisive victory in its Republican Primary. Aides to President Trump, who spent primary night in New Hampshire, report that the President is furious with campaign manager Kellyanne Conway, who he now suspects of working with the RNC to usurp the nomination from him.

In a speech to supporters in New Hampshire, Senator Murkowski delivered powerful remarks. "President Trump, what happened tonight was no accident. The verdict is in. Your presidency has been a failure to our country, and tonight, we realize it has been a major setback for our party. Luckily, conservatives and Republicans across beautiful and snowy New Hampshire have chosen another path. I'm so humbled to be your pick for president."

But President Trump would not accept defeat. In a thrashing, brief statement to supporters in New Hampshire, Trump said the following: "Looks like Little Lisa worked with Democrats and, well they said I shouldn't say this but I'm gonna' say it because I won't lie to anybody, believe me folks, Massachusetts chose an Alaskan tonight. Liberals from western Massachusetts--by the way, they say lots of Subarus you know what that means two ladies coming together in their Massachusetts Subaru, you know. They came up here. And they pulled off what the illegals could only dream of. These results, and they are what they are, but I won't play nice with fraud I'll tell that. Someone tell Little Lisa from Alaska that. Nothing more to say other than thank you for New Hampshire people choosing me, Massachusetts people--those women with the buzz cuts and the biker jackets if you catch my drift, they see one of their own in Lisa I guess.  The results should be void and everybody knows it."

Fallout to come, next.
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2017, 05:55:35 PM »
« Edited: August 21, 2017, 05:57:34 PM by Progressive »

Thanks everyone!

NEW HAMPSHIRE PRIMARY FALLOUT

On February 15, 2020, a few days before the South Carolina primary, President Trump addressed Republican bigs at the National Press Club.

"Look folks, I have on good word that Democrats may have been up to 8% or more of the New Hampshire Republican primary vote and to be honest with you probably more. Much more in fact. Many many aides have told me and shown me real reports about how Lisa Murkowski or whatever her name is, is using alt-Left agitators to swarm Republican primaries. South Carolina is in a few days folks. In 2016 we killed it, Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio got shlonged not that Marco minded but Ted I almost felt bad for you know he's a good guy, a bit off, but he's with us. [Cruz was in the audience and nodded accordingly]. But there's a danger with Lisa Murkowski she's running a very dangerous campaign that is going to result in outsourcing jobs and importing liabilities from the Middle East if she gets her way. And folks she's going to try to get her way. So I spoke to Ronna [Romney McDaniel] and she told me that the GOP primaries are secure but let's face it. Who made the party? Before me. Before us I mean. We made this party what it is today. We won't be denied our own nomination. I need everyone in South Carolina to be on the lookout for Lisa and her liberal frauds. That's what I'll say about that."

The next day, thousands of pro-Trump protesters surrounded all twelve Lisa Murkowski field offices in South Carolina, demanding the Alaska senator drop out of the race and make room for the embattled president. Trump's South Carolina state director explained that protesters are "ensuring the voice of the people is heard. The voice of the people is with President Trump. And our campaign supporters will not allow a pro-illegal immigrant, anti-common sense senator from the swampiest depths of DC to make South Carolina less great."

That afternoon, protesters burned a Murkowski campaign office to the ground with several field volunteers in it, in Greenville, South Carolina. No one was hurt, but numerous Trump supporters were arrested.

President Trump tweeted: "Likely fire was started to make us look bad. Lisa from Alaska we can't be tricked MAGA"

In an emotional press conference, RNC Chair Ronna Romney McDaniel announced that she would resign. "I just--I can't do this anymore. The president is...The president is the president. Thank you."
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2017, 08:54:11 PM »

SOUTH CAROLINA PRIMARY RESULTS

100% Reporting
Donald Trump     54%
Lisa Murkowski    44%

Despite earning the support of South Carolina senator Lindsey Graham, Sen. Lisa Murkowski was not able to win the Palmetto State in the GOP primary. President Trump won by 10 points, but after garnering only 54% of the vote, many Republican operatives theorize that President Trump's base is eroding, even if it makes up a majority of primary voters.

In his victory speech, President Trump appeared particularly unhinged:

"Wow, tonight, what a beautiful night. Tonight's beautiful victory proves that Little Lisa from Alaska will never be able to do what she intends to do which is to tell you that your vote doesn't matter. In fact, I'll say it right here right now. She shouldn't even be in the Senate. No wonder they can't get anything done. Imagine having to work with that face all the time? Come on! Right? They know what I'm talking about. They know.

But tonight is not about Lisa from Alaska. Even though it's hard not to think about it. I mean her husband, does she even have a husband? If she does maybe he's spending a little time with Lindsey Graham if you know what I mean."

Meanwhile, the GOP has a chairperson's race to focus on. Numerous candidates have emerged for GOP Chair:

* Former Trump aide Corey Lewandowski
* New York GOP Chair Ed Cox
* Senior Advisor to President Trump, Stephen Miller
* Former Hewlett Packard CEO Carly Fiorina
* Former American Conservative Union Chair Al Cardenas

Sources close to President Trump admit that the President originally wanted to leave the post vacant, concluding that a weaker national party will allow Trump to roll over Murkowski more easily in the primary. Trump reportedly wants Ed Cox and Stephen Miller to serve as co-chairs. Sources close to Sen. Murkowski suggested that Lisa has given her blessing to Fiorina and Cardenas.

NEXT UP: Super Tuesday states (Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Georgia, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia). Lisa Murkowski badly needs to win several of these states.
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2017, 01:47:28 PM »

FIORINA, CARDENAS WILL LEAD GOP

Former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina has been elected RNC Chair while Al Cardenas will serve as a Deputy Chair for the Republican Party.

In a Twitter missive, President Trump derided the RNC vote: "Globalists Hillary supporters conspired to take over our party. DONT LET THEM."
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2017, 05:48:41 PM »

SHOCK: TRUMP CAUGHT ON HOT MIC CALLING MURKOWSKI 'UNF@CKABLE'

Aftern an interview the night before Super Tuesday, President Trump was caught on open mic on the Hannity show referring to the sexual appeal of his primary opponent, Alaska Sen. Lisa Murkowski

"We on break? Sean, are we on the air? No. Ok. Boy. This primary sucks. She [Murkowski] sucks. I hate seeing that face. She'd never make it anywhere but politics. Anywhere but politics, right? She's a dog. Unf@ckable..." before Fox News shut off the entire mic.

Virtually no elected Republican was willing to go on the air to defend Trump's comments but Murkowski was forceful in her response, "The president is a pig. He's a disgrace. Period."

SUPER TUESDAY RESULTS

Alabama
Trump               67%
Murkowski         29%

Alaska
Murkowski         59%
Trump               38%

Arkansas
Trump               65%
Murkowski         32%

Georgia
Murkowski       48.9%
Trump             48.6%

Massachusetts
Murkowski        61%
Trump              36%

Minnesota
Murkowski        50%
Trump              48%

Oklahoma
Trump              63%
Murkowski        35%

Tennesse
Trump              54%
Murkowski        42%

Texas
Trump               52%
Murkowski         45%

Vermont
Murkowski          65%
Trump                33%

Virginia
Murkowski          51%
Trump                47%

With big wins in Alaska, Georgia, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Vermont and Virignia, Lisa Murkowski is within striking distance of Trump's delegate lead.

BLUE = Trump
RED = Murkowski
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2017, 05:53:48 PM »

I'm a little surprised Trump still won Texas... I imagine Ted Cruz would swallow his pride and endorse Murkowski, and his supporters would back her as well.

You just wait Wink
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2017, 01:48:29 PM »

"FORGET IT!" TRUMP TO DROP OUT OF REPUBLICAN PRIMARY AND RUN AS AN INDEPENDENT UNENCUMBERED

In a seemingly endless 90 minute press conference, President Trump announced that he would no longer seek the Republican nomination for another four years as president. After careful consultation with his hollowed out White House staff, the embattled President decided that he would run as an independent, and has already been offered party lines in various states.

"No, no. Forget it. They made me take a pledge but most people don't know that they didn't even pledge. Now Failed Carly is trying to nudge me out, the best thing that happened to the party out, forget it. I'll run as an independent. If I win then I told you so and if not I get to be rich and happy again," said President Trump who experienced a troubling nosebleed while live on camera.

Meanwhile, Sen. Murkowski was expected to be the Republican nominee, despite numerous candidates trying to make a deal with President Trump, to secure his delegates. Pundits speculated that Trump could still win states since his name would be on the ballot and then release those delegates at the convention. But most top-tier Republicans including Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, Tim Scott and others backed Murkowski, jockeying for the VP spot.

Speculation was abound that Mike Pence would not run with Donald Trump as an independent and instead may seek the Republican delegates at the 2020 convention, or may even resign early as Vice President.

The Democrats: Bernie Sanders will be the Democratic nominee.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies