If People are SERIOUS about #NeverTrump . . . (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:04:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  If People are SERIOUS about #NeverTrump . . . (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If People are SERIOUS about #NeverTrump . . .  (Read 869 times)
adrac
adracman42

Political Matrix
E: -9.99, S: -9.99

« on: May 04, 2016, 09:15:50 PM »

I think the sheer fact that they've made this play alone would draw enough support away from Trump and Cruz (or whoever) such that Hillary would win enough EVs to keep the matter out of the house.
adrac
adracman42

Political Matrix
E: -9.99, S: -9.99

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 09:29:50 PM »

I think the sheer fact that they've made this play alone would draw enough support away from Trump and Cruz (or whoever) such that Hillary would win enough EVs to keep the matter out of the house.

You'd think this, but that didn't stop Truman in 1948.  Truman had the Dixiecrat challenge, and the Henry Wallace challenge. 

While it wasn't stated in the OP explicitly, I feel as though this would only be possible nowadays via some sort of centralized effort from the GOP establishment. Especially if it were clear to the media that the end goal was winning the presidency in the House, I think it would hurt the GOP name a lot (if it hasn't been already). In this sense it seems different from 1948 to me.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies