BC electoral boundary commission (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 05:15:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  BC electoral boundary commission (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BC electoral boundary commission  (Read 3717 times)
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« on: August 19, 2007, 12:30:57 AM »
« edited: August 19, 2007, 12:35:56 AM by MOVE ZIG! »

What bugs me most is how the northern districts have almost 40% too few people to justify their representation, under FPTP or STV. It should be simply proportional. Of course they did this to prevent whining from there, but it's one person one vote.

Anyway, you can see how Vancouver Island is a bit messed up (why parts of Langford are combined with the Cowichan Valley), and how part of the east coast is lumped in with Port Alberni. Then there's the aforementioned problem with the North Shore. Can't see any significant problem with anywhere else. The STV boundaries make sense, except for the hare-brained idea of lumping the Squamish Valley with the North Shore.

I like the new boundaries because Carole James' seat disappears. Cheesy

Honestly Gabu, I don't understand why you like the most economically right wing government BC has ever had. But whatever. Carole James will find a seat to get re-elected in, no problem.

BC's doing fine, and I have had little complaints about most of what Campbell's government has been up to.  That and I must admit that I'm a little cynical about the BC NDP's commitment to workers after they passed a bill making it perfectly legal for high-tech companies to work their employees as much as they want without paying them a cent of overtime whatsoever.

Of course you wouldn't have any complaints, as you aren't affected by the Campbell government.

While some of the Liberals' actions have been fishy (like selling off BC Rail for $1 and creating a generation of jokes about CN crashes, their obsession with PPPs that will probably be despised in 20 years, and the 2010 planning), they've been fine. The NDP doesn't seem to address anything and they've been irrelevant to anything going on. Unless James does something other than simply reacting to what the Liberals do in the opposite way they'll go nowhere.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies