Greenland parliamentary election - November 28, 2014 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 10:42:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Greenland parliamentary election - November 28, 2014 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Greenland parliamentary election - November 28, 2014  (Read 10732 times)
ingemann
YaBB God

« on: November 28, 2014, 09:53:49 AM »

Minister of Finance Vittus Qujaukitsoq from Siumut has finally - after massive pressure from the Democrats, IA and the Greenlands  Employers Association - released the revised budget numbers for 2014 and they show that Greenland will get a deficit around  275 million Danish kroner instead of the expected surplus of 21 million.

Election day tomorrow, this may be a gamechanger, but Siumut had a (surprising) lead in the last poll.

I heard one explanation, and I hope by God it's true, that Greenlandic polls can't be trusted (because of the small population and how heterodox the population are from settlement to settlement).
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 04:14:03 PM »

One thing I found interesting in the covering of Greenlandic election and the background, is how much everybody in Denmark, who deal with Greenland, really despise Hammond, and it's not just her anti-Danish attitude, there have other who is and have been worse ("cough cough" Hans Enoksen), but they never disliked those people as much as they dislike Hammond.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 05:19:22 PM »

Interesting coalition if I remember correctly Atassut was also the most "pro-Danish" party before the Democrats, but what I think is good news is the continued support for the uranium mine, while it won't save the Greenlandic economy, it may start making Greenland more attractive for mining companies.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies