The Election Weekend Discussion Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 05:39:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Election Weekend Discussion Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Election Weekend Discussion Thread  (Read 8292 times)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« on: August 20, 2004, 07:54:31 PM »
« edited: August 20, 2004, 08:01:11 PM by Senator Akno21 »

Josh22 and Mr. Hobbes are both doing much better than I expected, there might be a last-minute surprise here.

RReagan4EVER is totally shocking me!  Akno, do something!  Smiley

Get the votes out! I lost the vote of Beet, when he left. I know that if TomatoSoup shows up, he'll vote for me. People who voted for me or NickG in the last election (Special Election) are Micheal Z, Hockey Dude, and Sheliak5. I need those 4 people to vote Akno21!
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2004, 08:55:04 PM »

On a somewhat related note, who the hell is Tomato Soup?

You know your typical member who posts maybe one or two times before an election and you never see them again until voting begins. I can't stand that stuff.

He's been away for a week and much of the summer. He got back yesterday. I know this because he is my neighbor, who like me is intersted in politics. True, he hasn't been very active in the forum recently, but there was a time when he was.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2004, 09:43:58 PM »

You know your typical member who posts maybe one or two times before an election and you never see them again until voting begins. I can't stand that stuff.

He's been away for a week and much of the summer. He got back yesterday. I know this because he is my neighbor, who like me is intersted in politics. True, he hasn't been very active in the forum recently, but there was a time when he was.

Ha, I knew you guys had to know each other because so convientley for Akno this vote just pops out of no where. Just like last election.

It doesn't pop out of nowhere. He has made 43 posts, only 2 have been votes. That means he has made over 40 non-vote related posts.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2004, 10:00:16 PM »

Ha, I knew you guys had to know each other because so convientley for Akno this vote just pops out of no where. Just like last election.

It doesn't pop out of nowhere. He has made 43 posts, only 2 have been votes. That means he has made over 40 non-vote related posts.

No Akno. The point is last time he voted in the special. Before that vote he hadn't posted in a month. Now he votes and he has only posted twice since the special election. It's very obvious that you told him about this election and requested a vote since he just happens to show up everytime you are running for something.

The Special Election started on July 23. TomatoSoup registered on June 23. When you say "Before that he hadn't posted in a month" that is an outright lie. He needed to have 18 posts by July 23 to vote, and since he registered exactly a month before the election, your comment is false. He has not been very active the month of August, that is true. However, summer is the time when people go on vacation, and I assume that is where he has been.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2004, 10:06:16 PM »
« Edited: August 20, 2004, 10:06:56 PM by Senator Akno21 »

No Akno. The point is last time he voted in the special. Before that vote he hadn't posted in a month. Now he votes and he has only posted twice since the special election. It's very obvious that you told him about this election and requested a vote since he just happens to show up everytime you are running for something.

The Special Election started on July 23. TomatoSoup registered on June 23. When you say "Before that he hadn't posted in a month"

He registered June 23rd. The next time he posted was the election on July 25th (he posted a couple times that day. Two or three times and then his vote). That would be about a month. So explain to me how that's a lie?

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?board=;action=usersrecentposts;userid=733;user=TomatoSoup

If that doesn't work, just go to his profile and look at his posts.

Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2004, 10:09:30 PM »

The Special Election started on July 23. TomatoSoup registered on June 23. When you say "Before that he hadn't posted in a month"

He registered June 23rd. The next time he posted was the election on July 25th (he posted a couple times that day. Two or three times and then his vote). That would be about a month. So explain to me how that's a lie?

I'm sorry alittle error. Tomato Soup most recent post before July 25th was June 29th (still a month so I don't see how it's a lie)

June 29th to July 25th is not a month. Close, but not a month. Basically, TomatoSoup had a period of intense activity, that time is gone now. He still participates, however. As I said before, it is possible he has been on vacation.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2004, 10:21:54 PM »

I'm sorry alittle error. Tomato Soup most recent post before July 25th was June 29th (still a month so I don't see how it's a lie)

June 29th to July 25th is not a month. Close, but not a month. Basically, TomatoSoup had a period of intense activity, that time is gone now. He still participates, however. As I said before, it is possible he has been on vacation.

Oh don't give me that, Akno. It's not a month, I know, but he is absent for the longest time and then just so happens to show up to vote in your elections. Hmmmm you guys are neighbors right? Coincidence that he shows up and votes for you and disappears? So let me get this straight about the vacation theory...he joins, goes on vacation and the vacation happens to end when you are running. Then he goes on another month long vacation and comes back just in time to vote for you and others. Hmmm...am I the only one not believing that?

I don't know how long his vacations were. He is not as into the whole political thing as much as me as far as I can tell, which leads to the possible conclusion of why he has hardly posted in the past months.

a) He found better things to do, thus cutting back on the time one has to post things on the forum.

b) He was on vacation for a large portion of the summer, 1-4 weeks or so.

Keystone Phil, I think you operate under the assumption that everyone who posts here is totally committed to politics, that it consumes their life, and that they stop by here every day to post.  
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2004, 10:25:08 PM »

I guess after all this campaigning I will write a campaign history of these midterm elections.

it will be:

"Of Palaces and Politics II: Midterm Elections"

That assumes you won't be too busy being governor.

I was planning on writing it anyway. After my amazing history of the last Presidential election, people have come to expect it. Smiley

Though I do hope to be governor if the voters allow.

Where is your history of the last Presidential Election? I would like to read it.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2004, 10:35:32 PM »

Oh don't give me that, Akno. It's not a month, I know, but he is absent for the longest time and then just so happens to show up to vote in your elections. Hmmmm you guys are neighbors right? Coincidence that he shows up and votes for you and disappears? So let me get this straight about the vacation theory...he joins, goes on vacation and the vacation happens to end when you are running. Then he goes on another month long vacation and comes back just in time to vote for you and others. Hmmm...am I the only one not believing that?

Keystone Phil, I think you operate under the assumption that everyone who posts here is totally committed to politics, that it consumes their life, and that they stop by here every day to post.  

Na this is what I think, Akno. That your pal stops by, not caring about the forum at all, and gives a vote to you. It annoys other people, too Akno, when they disappear from the forum and happen to stop by just to vote for certain people. You even admitted he was your neighbor so you obviously filled him in on the election and told him to stop by for a vote. This forum is not meant for people to join, vanish, and then come back to help theirs personal pals win elections, Akno.

He cares about the forum. He has made over 40 intelligent posts that demonstrate a knowledge of politics. Since that point, he has not been on the forum very often, but many people stop posting regularly on the forum and then come back. I did not refer the Atlas Forum to TomatoSoup for the purpose of having him vote for me. I refered it to him because since I know him, and since I know he is intersted in politics, I thought he might enjoy it.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2004, 10:41:56 PM »

Na this is what I think, Akno. That your pal stops by, not caring about the forum at all, and gives a vote to you. It annoys other people, too Akno, when they disappear from the forum and happen to stop by just to vote for certain people. You even admitted he was your neighbor so you obviously filled him in on the election and told him to stop by for a vote. This forum is not meant for people to join, vanish, and then come back to help theirs personal pals win elections, Akno.

He cares about the forum. He has made over 40 intelligent posts that demonstrate a knowledge of politics. Since that point, he has not been on the forum very often, but many people stop posting regularly on the forum and then come back. I did not refer the Atlas Forum to TomatoSoup for the purpose of having him vote for me. I refered it to him because since I know him, and since I know he is intersted in politics, I thought he might enjoy it.

Point is: He joins, disappears, then comes back and votes for you. And don't tell us you don't tell him when an election roles around and you need a vote because that's just ridiculous. Anyway, I'm done arguing this. But I do believe it is unfortunate that we have members who just vanish and then want to play a part in deciding who we elect.

I'm done arguing this, and I agree with Gabu.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2004, 10:49:24 PM »

I guess after all this campaigning I will write a campaign history of these midterm elections.

it will be:

"Of Palaces and Politics II: Midterm Elections"

That assumes you won't be too busy being governor.

I was planning on writing it anyway. After my amazing history of the last Presidential election, people have come to expect it. Smiley

Though I do hope to be governor if the voters allow.

Where is your history of the last Presidential Election? I would like to read it.

I will try to find it. I hope it isn't buried too far. Smiley

Thanks. Early Atlas Politics Intersts me. Things seemed a lot more unstable back then. (I just read through a bunch of posts from when it all got started)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2004, 10:57:51 PM »

He is registered, his vote will stay. I'm just saying I don't believe it's right that members disappear on us and then want to have a voice when it comes to who we elect.

That is why each registered voter must vote in at least 1 out of every x elections. I'm not sure what the number is, but I know that certian voters, have an asterik next to their name, which means they must vote in this election.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2004, 11:06:46 PM »

I only voted for senate. I will wait a bit before voting for Pacific stuff.

Gabu, if you're registered in Washington, are you going to vote? You should vote for Seattle for capital. Wink

Wildcard is winning 8-1...But I haven't voted yet. Neither has Freedomburns or platy-whatever.

Playpean Archcow has not posted since August 3rd.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2004, 07:46:00 AM »
« Edited: August 21, 2004, 08:06:25 AM by Senator Akno21 »

NixonNow's vote for Reagan117 will be counted as a vote for RReagan4EVER in district 2A.  I think the intent of the voter was clear in this case.  His vote for Keystone Phil will not be counted, however, as he does not reside in that district.

These are the decisions of the Secretary of Forum Affairs on these matters.  Disagreements may be addressed to the Supreme Court.

How do I register a disagreement with the Supreme Court?
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2004, 10:32:27 AM »

NixonNow's vote for Reagan117 will be counted as a vote for RReagan4EVER in district 2A.  I think the intent of the voter was clear in this case.  His vote for Keystone Phil will not be counted, however, as he does not reside in that district.

These are the decisions of the Secretary of Forum Affairs on these matters.  Disagreements may be addressed to the Supreme Court.

How do I register a disagreement with the Supreme Court?

You may send an e-mail to the Chief Justice(me) explaining your issue and giving your reasoning.  I will take the appropriate steps from there.

I recently sent you an email explaining my issue and giving my reasoning.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2004, 10:42:15 AM »
« Edited: August 21, 2004, 10:44:26 AM by Senator Akno21 »

What did you think of my other decision?  Should a vote for "RReagan117" be counted as a vote for RReagan4EVER?

In both cases, I did what I thought was right.  Also in both cases, my decision favors a candidate that I oppose.  I'm not Katherine Harris, I do whats right, even if it hurts the candidate I support.

I think both of these remain open to court challenges, however, if the disputed vote ends up deciding the outcome.

What is the other decision? I registered a disagreement about a vote for RReagan117 being counted as a vote for RReagan4EVER, when another candidate in the race has the phrase 117 in his user name.  
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2004, 10:45:10 AM »

What did you think of my other decision?  Should a vote for "RReagan117" be counted as a vote for RReagan4EVER?

I'm not going to sit here and accept that as a RReagan4EVER vote. We all know NixonNow likes to play games. Well earlier he said he supported MAS117. Last night he told someone (in a private conversation) that he is supporting RReagan4EVER. So NixonNow probably wanted to play games with the candidates and those following the election by combining two candidates' names and making this into an issue.

So then do you support me, Keystone?
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2004, 10:48:02 AM »

I'm not going to sit here and accept that as a RReagan4EVER vote. We all know NixonNow likes to play games. Well earlier he said he supported MAS117. Last night he told someone (in a private conversation) that he is supporting RReagan4EVER. So NixonNow probably wanted to play games with the candidates and those following the election by combining two candidates' names and making this into an issue.

So then do you support me, Keystone?

Absolutley not. I don't support your campaign (as you know) so I don't know why you would ask that question. If you are referring to your court case, I'm not getting involved witht that but I do believe that NixonNow's vote should not be counted as a RReagan4EVER.

I meant the court case.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2004, 11:24:48 AM »

Does voting end at noon or midnight? People have said both.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies