So. What is this all about? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 06:32:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  So. What is this all about? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: So. What is this all about?  (Read 1319 times)
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« on: August 14, 2015, 09:19:45 AM »

It's worth noting that there's a party list system of elections where each person get's one vote. Assuming people will vote for their own parties, the political makeup of the parliament will end up reflecting the political makeup of registered voters who turnout to vote. So therefore, what's the point of having the elections Cheesy

There's plenty of unaffiliated voters.

Correct.  One of the advantages of this game so far is that parties are totally private organizations and that anyone wishing to register has no pressure to join a party.  In my mind, party members should be the most active players who want to jostle for seats in Parliament, etc.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 09:53:56 AM »
« Edited: August 14, 2015, 10:06:59 AM by Barnes »

But for those who do not win a seat in parliament, what are they supposed to do, sit around in the visitors gallery and watch the debate?

Yup, sounds fun to me.

And why did the framers of this sim pick South America?  We all know the U.S. in depth, but I would venture to say few participants have much of a knowledge of South America, other than it is that big continent down south, and has a history of two bit dictators.

Because it's more fun to play something new; there's already an American sim called Atlasia; and this method has many more opportunities. What I mean by the last point is that, unlike Atlasia, South America actually has to reconstruct its entire economy and social services. There is no carryover of past legislation. This country is facing a myriad of complex economic factors that should be fascinating to attempt to address.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 02:04:31 PM »
« Edited: September 10, 2015, 02:08:06 PM by Barnes »

My dear chap, real life Parliaments do not have to pay any heed to unions or to the press!  Now, they do that at their own peril, just as our Parliament would.

The Game Moderator is tasked with dealing with the organizations and including them in the news and activities of the day.  There are plenty of things to do around here that can both upset and impede the government's agenda within the broader context of South America.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies