LA Chargers fail to sell out 27k seat stadium/the NFL sucks again
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 07:53:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  LA Chargers fail to sell out 27k seat stadium/the NFL sucks again
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LA Chargers fail to sell out 27k seat stadium/the NFL sucks again  (Read 521 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 18, 2017, 01:24:11 PM »

link-deadspin

Who is the biggest asshole here:
1.the owner of the Chargers
2.the NFL for allowing this to happen
3.LA fans

Well its not 3, because everybody knows LA isn't a sports town and I'm pretty sure they didn't ask for it.  Sure, it's probably the sh**tty owner of the Chargers winning this, but we should still lay huge sacks of blame at the feet of the NFL.  The CTE thing is going to wreck the league hard, the domestic violence issue is still an issue, most team owners are giant c**nt birds, every year Americans have more and better choices in entertainment...perhaps they do boneheaded things like moving the Chargers to LA so we spend less time talking about the real problems facing professional football in America.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 01:43:43 PM »
« Edited: September 18, 2017, 01:45:28 PM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

If only somewhere in California had a greater appetite for football:

Oh yeah, the day before in San Diego perhaps for a relatively low-key game
Attendance: 43,040
http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400935276

Not entirely certain what your ultimate grievance is in that rant since I shut my ears whenever I hear NFL drama but yes, NFL is dumb and nobody should watch. Hopefully other cities start abandoning it soon as well.

LA does loves its Trojans though! (and presumably its Lakers/Dodgers?)
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 01:47:47 PM »

Not entirely certain what your ultimate grievance is in that rant since I shut my ears whenever I hear NFL drama but yes, NFL is dumb and nobody should watch. Hopefully other cities start abandoning it soon as well.
Catholics vs. Convicts
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 02:28:50 PM »

I don't really mind NFL in LA, but everyone should have seen this coming.

The only team that could have gotten any following in LA was the Raiders. I didn't want to see them leave Oakland. Those Oakland fans deserve their team. Instead, they are going to a town where they will have no fanbase, instead of being in the two towns that care about them.

I was very much for the Rams heading back, since St. Louis was a terrible NFL town. But the Chargers moving out of San Diego was just so stupid. No one in LA will ever care about this team. Luckily for the few fans the Chargers have, they will have a cool and loud venue for these next few years. When they move into the new stadium with the Rams, it will be terribly empty, and LA will be a national embarrassment.

LA is:
1. Lakers (back on the rise)
2. Dodgers (top of the league)
3. USC football (back in title contention)
4. UCLA basketball (conference contender)
5. and the rest (you have to be GOOD for the people to care, or else you will be completely forgotten)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 02:48:38 PM »

Isn't it near-inevitable that when a team moves to a new city, it'll take some time before the locals start caring about them?  LA might be a "bad NFL town", but presumably because it's such a big market, you don't need that large a percentage of the population there to care about the team in order to put the size of its fanbase on par with other markets.

At least, that should work if you were just moving one team there.  Moving two teams there is probably not too smart, since even if one catches on, that'll just crowd out the fanbase for the other one.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 04:31:41 PM »

If only somewhere in California had a greater appetite for football:

Oh yeah, the day before in San Diego perhaps for a relatively low-key game
Attendance: 43,040
http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400935276

LA does loves its Trojans though! (and presumably its Lakers/Dodgers?)

Meh ... they support winners, I guess.  USC basketball games have pathetic attendance.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 04:43:25 PM »

St. Louis and San Diego did NOT deserve to lose their NFL teams at all!

I was irate when the Rams hightailed it back to LA, and when Kroenke dumped on the city of St. Louis in the process, I and most STL-area fans of the Rams abandoned them for either other teams and/or the league altogether. 
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies