REMINDER: Ohio and Iowa are not battlegrounds in 2024 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 01:19:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  REMINDER: Ohio and Iowa are not battlegrounds in 2024 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: REMINDER: Ohio and Iowa are not battlegrounds in 2024  (Read 3486 times)
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« on: July 25, 2021, 01:40:57 PM »

I feel like this is mostly a straw man argument.  Very few people are saying Iowa or Ohio will be competitive.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2021, 01:43:01 PM »

I feel like this is mostly a straw man argument.  Very few people are saying Iowa or Ohio will be competitive.

I feel that I’ve seen a lot of users lately (including a certain I-NY Trumpist) argue that Ohio or Iowa will be competitive without Trump on the ballot.

Define a lot.  Still seems like it's a clear minority of posters on the site.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2021, 04:19:40 PM »

Listen, Haley is not a good candidate electorally, but even then, this is an atrocious map. She would win OH/IA by 5 or so points, possibly lean margins.

Also, Ron DeSantis would win OH/IA by 10+ percentage points.

DeSantis vs Biden (no recession): OH D+1, IA D+3
DeSantis vs Haley (no recession): OH pure tossup, IA D+1

Your election predictions are legitimately some of the most idiotic and wooden-headed statements I’ve ever had the misfortune of laying my eyes upon.

I don’t know if my grey cells can recover from the fatuity of that statement. But what is truly terrifying is the concept that you may not even be acting in jest.

Did you really create this entire thread just to call out one poster?  Sure seems like it.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2021, 09:01:26 PM »

And yes, The GOP is not winning any national victory in 2024. I guarantee it. Big fat zero percent chance of this happening.

The Democrats, while facing an incumbent presiding over a financial crisis and a once in a lifetime pandemic....

1) Only won a presidential election by 40,000 votes (The EC decides elections, not the PV).

2) Is 50-50 in the Senate due to a fluke and the Republican base refusing to turnout because of lack of motivation (and nonsense conspiracy theories) in a rapidly left trending purple state? (The runoffs were still extremely close).

3) Is hanging by a thread in the House and actually managed to lose seats in the House when everyone expected them to gain seats!

If you really think the GOP has a 0% chance of winning a national election in 2024, you might be delusional.

They were competitive, but calling races decided by 1.2% and 2% "extremely close" is pushing it.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2021, 09:04:20 PM »

And yes, The GOP is not winning any national victory in 2024. I guarantee it. Big fat zero percent chance of this happening.

The Democrats, while facing an incumbent presiding over a financial crisis and a once in a lifetime pandemic....

1) Only won a presidential election by 40,000 votes (The EC decides elections, not the PV).

2) Is 50-50 in the Senate due to a fluke and the Republican base refusing to turnout because of lack of motivation (and nonsense conspiracy theories) in a rapidly left trending purple state? (The runoffs were still extremely close).

3) Is hanging by a thread in the House and actually managed to lose seats in the House when everyone expected them to gain seats!

If you really think the GOP has a 0% chance of winning a national election in 2024, you might be delusional.

They were competitive, but calling races decided by 1.2% and 2% "extremely close" is pushing it.

Well.... that was with the GOP base being fairly de-motivated. Also, Perdue won the first time.

Both of those points are irrelevant to the point I made.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies