NFL draft prospect Michael Sam comes out as gay--UPDATE: signed by Dallas? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 03:05:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  NFL draft prospect Michael Sam comes out as gay--UPDATE: signed by Dallas? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NFL draft prospect Michael Sam comes out as gay--UPDATE: signed by Dallas?  (Read 7811 times)
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« on: May 10, 2014, 05:28:03 PM »

Wonder if he'll be this years Mr. Irrelevant
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 03:05:19 PM »

Good for Sam. I hope he's motivated to kick ass in the league.

As to that kiss. . . well, I bet you a lot of peoples' heads exploded when they saw a same sex interracial couple making out - one of them a football player. Grin

A lot of sports forums are dens for FAR right social stuff ("Obummer" and "Odumbo" talk), at least in my experience, and I can only imagine the reactions to this on the ESPN boards when they got really, really bad after Obama's election in 2009 and 2010 and before ESPN shut them down. Some of those idiots probably blew a few blood vessels.

Doesn't look like it this time. Looks like you'll have to find other ways to label an entire group of fans as bigots

http://www.ramsondemand.com/threads/rams-pick-249-de-michael-sam.25846/

The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 05:22:20 PM »

Good for Sam. I hope he's motivated to kick ass in the league.

As to that kiss. . . well, I bet you a lot of peoples' heads exploded when they saw a same sex interracial couple making out - one of them a football player. Grin

A lot of sports forums are dens for FAR right social stuff ("Obummer" and "Odumbo" talk), at least in my experience, and I can only imagine the reactions to this on the ESPN boards when they got really, really bad after Obama's election in 2009 and 2010 and before ESPN shut them down. Some of those idiots probably blew a few blood vessels.

Doesn't look like it this time. Looks like you'll have to find other ways to label an entire group of fans as bigots

http://www.ramsondemand.com/threads/rams-pick-249-de-michael-sam.25846/

People registered on forums are usually a bit more intelligent than the average American. Check the Youtube clips of this announcement for a more accurate example of fan reaction.

Yet you cited a message board to prove your original point.....
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 07:34:34 PM »
« Edited: May 11, 2014, 07:37:29 PM by CTRattlesnake »

He should have spent more time in the gym- Slow and pretty weak for an NFL aspirant.
He's not going to be very good. I mean he got out performed at the combine by some punters and kickers.

Yeah a lot of scouts were not impressed with his play at the combine or during pro days. Put that on top of the possible 'baggage' both media and otherwise that he brings along and its not hard to see why he fell. At the end of the day, he just needs to be treated like any other football player, the media needs to stop creating news (both good and bad) surrounding him and just let the kid play.

The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 09:53:10 AM »

What is it with the Dolphins and bullying their NFL players? We just had the problem with Incognito and his racist attacks against an African American player and now this other guy only they're on different teams and it's homophobia and to a lesser extent, racism.

Hopefully, Michael Sam doesn't let this bigoted hate get to him and he can live his dream in the NFL! Congrats to him and wish him the best that his teammates accept him the same as the others did and he's going to need the same from the coach's if he's going to avoid being benched on account of possible personal hatred by any of the coaches. I don't normally watch a Browns game on TV unless it involves the Patriots, but if the Browns and Rams do ever face off, it would be nice if Manziel and Sam could both be on the field simultaneously. Wink

If he's benched its because he's a mediocre player on a team with tremendous depth at the D line.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies