WaPo new Rankings 1-15 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 08:16:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  WaPo new Rankings 1-15 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WaPo new Rankings 1-15  (Read 2791 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« on: November 09, 2018, 05:05:00 PM »

Warren is almost a perfect replica of Kennedy, not John, Ted. A Liberal Lion in the senate, but not really the best presidential material. The fact that she actually lost a county(seriously, what the f***) just proves it.

I would personally have Sanders, Biden, Harris, Brown(even though he also underpreformed) and Beto on my list.

Crazy how Warren lost the most Republican county in the state, Plymouth County, to a Republican who represents the 7th Plymouth district.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 07:43:03 PM »

Warren is almost a perfect replica of Kennedy, not John, Ted. A Liberal Lion in the senate, but not really the best presidential material. The fact that she actually lost a county(seriously, what the f***) just proves it.

I would personally have Sanders, Biden, Harris, Brown(even though he also underpreformed) and Beto on my list.

Crazy how Warren lost the most Republican county in the state, Plymouth County, to a Republican who represents the 7th Plymouth district.

Yeah, actually, it is crazy. Democrats, usually, have a range of around 63-67% in the state of MA, with Plymoth and Worcester being the two weakest counties for Dems. Warren completely underpreformed such margins, and instead lost a county. Even when Ted Kennedy faced Romney, one of the weakest performances for Senate Dems in recent history, he still won every county. The only Dem in recent memory to have lost counties in a reelection bid was John Kerry in 1996, and there was a reason for this. He was facing Bill Weld.

Sorry, but this performance is rather embarrassing.

When was the last time a Democrat has won 63% or more in MA?  John Kerry's Senate race in 2008?
60% is in line with the past two presidential elections.
Admittedly, you'd probably want someone like Klobuchar who can attract a significantly greater percentage in a home state election than presidential candidates.   

As for losing one county by a small amount and making it up somewhere else, it isn't relevant in itself unless that county map says something particular about where Democrats need to be able to win. I don't see how Plymouth fits that description.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies