SENATE BILL: 2011 Education Act (Law'd) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:34:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: 2011 Education Act (Law'd) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: 2011 Education Act (Law'd)  (Read 5026 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« on: May 03, 2011, 09:16:51 PM »

An interesting proposal.

One way to possibly combat high utility costs would be to give students a longer winter break and go into the summer more.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 09:47:59 PM »

Increasing the length of the school day is a no go for me. If you were to do that, you need to increase the salaries of the teachers and also it would result in higher utilities costs. I do not believe that local municipalities can afford that at the moment.

And for that matter, you're unlikely to raise utility bills in the schools since schools are often active during the afternoons/early evenings with extracurricular activities as it is.  It's not as if we're pushing to keep school in session until 10 o clock.  

Not true. Air conditioning/heating is turned off in classrooms that aren't being used for afterschool activities.
As a high school student, I can confirm this.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 09:34:33 PM »

I have a concern on this for smaller schools. In my grade, there are only about 25 boys. Under this law, we'd all likely be placed in the same class. If that were to happen, someone like me on the higher end, intelligence-wise, would be slowed down.

It would be extraordinarily difficult for small schools to be able to keep honor classes and still separate boys and girls. Because in my school, if you had an honors English class for boys only, there'd be 5 students in it.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 06:09:14 PM »

While I would never support a full on implementation of separating boys and girls, running it as a pilot program would certainly be interesting.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies