Federal Marriage Amendment (Tabled) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:12:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Federal Marriage Amendment (Tabled) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Federal Marriage Amendment (Tabled)  (Read 6887 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« on: August 31, 2014, 12:52:13 PM »

This is one issue that is probably going to cause a flame war, but I feel tempted to side with Cassius on this one. I opposed the legalization of incest when the Northeast passed it, and while in most cases I would support the government staying out of most relationships, there are genuine concerns against polygamy and incest that do not apply to a monogamous relationship. Besides, the Constitution does give the power to the Senate to establish uniform laws regarding marriage and divorce, and the President has a point when he addresses the danger of having regions with vastly different marriage laws (considering the extremes this could bring).

Like it or not, incest has a very negative effect in public health and very grim consequences, and polygamy brings massive conflicts with it, and that's without mentioning that it also has it dangers. It was published about a month ago that we had the first group divorce in the Northeast, and in all fairness I don't want to consider the legal nightmare that is... and you just have to picture that extended through the nation to understand the point.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 12:46:04 PM »

Nay.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 01:05:43 PM »

Call me a reactionary or whatever you want to call me, but 32 hours is the bottom level we can go without experiencing serious economical problems. I hope that with this rule there is an option for working more if you want to?

It's one of those extremes we often reach in Atlasia, we really need to repeal a couple of bills and increase the workweek unless we want the economy to collapse... (I guees I'll check the statue as well)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies