WI - Marquette: Clinton+7 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 01:49:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  WI - Marquette: Clinton+7 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WI - Marquette: Clinton+7  (Read 6620 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: October 12, 2016, 12:28:34 PM »

I'm listening to the broadcast of the release, and they're breaking it down by day: Thurs, Fri, and Sat/Sun (there were only 90 interviews on Sunday, so they lumped it in with Saturday).

Thu: T+1
Fri: C+6
Sat/Sun: C+19
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 12:42:16 PM »

Trump was leading? After the first debate? And people think he's not going to pull ahead by next month, after weeks of Trump's smear campaign against Clinton which apparently the joke state of WI is so eager to buy into? LOL

Trump will win WI, IA, OH and probably the election. I'm not following this race anymore. Just don't care.

The Thursday sample with a 1 point Trump lead was probably like 250 people.  Trump was not ahead by 1 in WI on Thursday.

IIRC they said it was about 440.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 01:47:29 PM »

It's incredibly frustrating to see that Trump was ahead in a Kerry state after the first debate AND tax return scandal. I thought WI was locked down for months and now it's getting weird when things seem to be going really well for Hillary.

The fact that neither campaign has spent any money on ads here in the last two months suggests VERY strongly that all internal polling indicates a comfortable Wisconsin win-- by which I mean, the margin in WI will be larger than the margins in NH and PA (where the Clinton campaign is spending a lot of money).

Word is that Trump has pulled out of PA and is shifting those resources to Wisconsin. Sounds like a $600K ad buy is coming.

So this is the best Trump is hoping for now?

That's a 269 tie.  Trump must really be banking on one of Nevada, New Hampshire, or ME-2.

Trump wins in a tie.

Debatable.  The pressure on some electors to switch would be enormous.  And even if it did go to the House, it's not a lock that Trump would win there.  Yes, I know that Republicans control a majority of state delegations -- but given the rifts between Trump and some in the GOP, there's no guarantee that they would all vote that way.

Of course, the really amusing idea would be to take that map and flip NE-02, with the result that Clinton wins a bare electoral majority because of a Nebraska district!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies