This video will make your day: Sikh immigrant shop owners teach thief a painful lesson (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 03:42:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  This video will make your day: Sikh immigrant shop owners teach thief a painful lesson (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: This video will make your day: Sikh immigrant shop owners teach thief a painful lesson  (Read 3035 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: August 07, 2023, 03:51:44 PM »

I don't know much about the DA of Stockton or how similar they are to Chesa Boudin but considering how brazen the thief was it seems there might be a lack of prosecution for burglary and theft there. And yet if the shop owner gets prosecuted...yeah interesting implications.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2023, 10:58:25 PM »

I should point out that this guy was not "shoplifting" in the sense of just trying to stuff a bag of chips under his shirt and walk out without paying or something along those lines. He was brazenly stealing cigarettes in bulk, obviously to sell on the black market, while carrying a weapon that he had threatened with, and was totally fine doing this while he was videotaped.

Anyway read the comments on that YouTube video and you'll see if there's any chance of convicting these guys.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2023, 01:35:51 PM »

How many of you think he should be allowed to walk free because of his beating?

The armed robber was not beaten, he was subdued. And even if the employees committed some crime in subduing him (IANAL, but I can't see anything I would consider a crime) then they should be facing charges of their own. The perpetrator is still an armed robber and needs to be prosecuted on that basis.
People on twitter are demanding the employees be arrested and the robber released
Examples? Not disagreeing they exist, just want something to laugh at.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2023, 02:13:31 PM »

How many of you think he should be allowed to walk free because of his beating?

Both men should go to jail.

But remember guys, I totally think mass incarceration is a bad thing!
He's probably one of those types who believes that minor drug offenders make up the vast majority of the US prison population.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2023, 12:14:11 AM »

I wouldn't even refer to the thief as a shoplifter. That implies he was just doing something like trying to walk out with a bottle of laundry detergent or whatever without paying. In fact what he did would constitute felony armed robbery in some states.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies