What lessons can be learned from the Biden Administration? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 10:58:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  What lessons can be learned from the Biden Administration? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What lessons can be learned from the Biden Administration?  (Read 1987 times)
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

« on: July 08, 2022, 12:54:12 PM »

I don't think there is any lesson.  We're just completely screwed.  People are really stupid, and Biden basically rolled snake eyes as far as random events happening in his presidency, what with COVID lingering on through endless mutations, the economy headed south, Russia invading Ukraine, China doing this absurd zero-covid strategy that's screwed up all the supply chains, and right-wing populists getting elected all around the globe.

Biden could have:

- Not passed the ARP, unless it was paid for by taxes
- Not pushed the "inflation is transitory" myth (the biggest political lie since the Bush years), and pressured the Federal Reserve to increase interest rates 10 months earlier
- Not extended the rent moratorium
- Not pass expanded unemployment when it was trending down
- Not started the disinformation governance board
- Not done vaccine requirements; my brother quit one of his jobs because of them (they wanted him to get a third jab when he just got his second jab two months before....)
- Had a plan for leaving out of Afghanistan instead of leaving many billions of dollars of equipment and doing a very rushed leave after he lied to the American people that the Afghanistan rollout wouldn't lead to helicopters airlifting citizens out of it
- Laid out a health care plan instead of wasting capital on the garbage ARP
- Not shut down the pipelines and given more support to the oil industry from the beginning
- Not picked Kamala Harris, a VP who was only picked because she was a black woman instead of any sort of qualifications or popular support.
- List goes on

Your boy Biden is a freaking failure, I wish I would have voted for Trump instead of this neurodivergent senile doofus. For every 2-3 things Biden did right, he did 7-8 things wrong. At least Trump was more like 4.5 right / 5.5 wrong
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2022, 12:58:02 PM »

I don't think there is any lesson.  We're just completely screwed.  People are really stupid, and Biden basically rolled snake eyes as far as random events happening in his presidency, what with COVID lingering on through endless mutations, the economy headed south, Russia invading Ukraine, China doing this absurd zero-covid strategy that's screwed up all the supply chains, and right-wing populists getting elected all around the globe.

Biden could have:

- Not pushed the "inflation is transitory" myth (the biggest political lie since the Bush years), and pressured the Federal Reserve to increase interest rates 10 months earlier
- Not done vaccine requirements; my brother quit one of his jobs because of them (they wanted him to get a third jab when he just got his second jab two months before....)
- Had a plan for leaving out of Afghanistan instead of leaving many billions of dollars of equipment and doing a very rushed leave after he lied to the American people that the Afghanistan rollout wouldn't lead to helicopters airlifting citizens out of it
- Not shut down the pipelines and given more support to the oil industry from the beginning
- Not picked Kamala Harris, a VP who was only picked because she was a black woman instead of any sort of qualifications or popular support.
- List goes on

Your boy Biden is a f***ing failure, I wish I would have voted for Trump instead of this [REDACTED] senile doofus. For every 2-3 things Biden did right, he did 7-8 things wrong. At least Trump was more like 4.5 right / 5.5 wrong

As frustrated as I am with Biden, this is patently absurd. You really need to sort out your priorities if you are somehow coming to the conclusion that misjudging inflation is worse than trying to carry out a self-coup.

The average American who is actually working for a living cares far more about inflation than a "self-coup", whatever the hell that means. I understand now why people were so pissed back then; Joe Biden is driving this country into the ground and he should have never been elected in the first place.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2022, 03:21:54 PM »

Biden could have:

- List goes on

Your boy Biden is a f***ing failure, I wish I would have voted for Trump instead of this [REDACTED] senile doofus. For every 2-3 things Biden did right, he did 7-8 things wrong. At least Trump was more like 4.5 right / 5.5 wrong

As frustrated as I am with Biden, this is patently absurd. You really need to sort out your priorities if you are somehow coming to the conclusion that misjudging inflation is worse than trying to carry out a self-coup.

The average American who is actually working for a living cares far more about inflation than a "self-coup", whatever the hell that means. I understand now why people were so pissed back then; Joe Biden is driving this country into the ground and he should have never been elected in the first place.

Drop your red and switch to a nice shade of fascist brown

You need some new material. You should be on your knees begging  and listening to everything I say if you want to win elections in the future. I’m a Biden voter who hates him now. Warnock can probably get my vote if he writes a substantial deficit reduction bill, but Biden is going to have to work a whole lot harder to get my vote for President. He’s my elected official and I expect him to do what I say.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2022, 11:51:34 AM »
« Edited: July 09, 2022, 11:55:57 AM by DTC »

Biden could have:

- Not started the disinformation governance board
- List goes on

Your boy Biden is a freaking failure, I wish I would have voted for Trump instead of this neurodivergent senile doofus. For every 2-3 things Biden did right, he did 7-8 things wrong. At least Trump was more like 4.5 right / 5.5 wrong

This is just a gish gallop so I'm not going to waste my time responding to every single BS item.  I just want to point out that you included "not started the disinformation governance board" on here, which was literally nothing.  Like the board was started to try and deal with a border problem, it didn't do anything, conservatives made up a bunch of nonsense about it because it has a dystopian-sounding name, and then they shut it down without doing anything.

And that's on your list of the reasons why Biden is a failure.  Pretty indicative of the quality of the rest of your list.  I could go on but, again, I'm not letting you waste my time with a gish gallop.

Given that you took the time to read the middle of the list, it looks like this list triggered you enough to waste your time anyways Wink

It would be wise for you to try and listen to me, given that we share about 70-75% of our ideology. Hell I'm even considering voting for Raphael Warnock over Herschel Walker... but if democrats choose to not listen to me, they will pay the price. My demands are clear.

Can't say I didn't warn you Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies