Lori Lightfoot states she'll only give 1-on-1 interviews to "Black and Brown" journalists (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:20:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Lori Lightfoot states she'll only give 1-on-1 interviews to "Black and Brown" journalists (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lori Lightfoot states she'll only give 1-on-1 interviews to "Black and Brown" journalists  (Read 4459 times)
Red Velvet
Brazil

« on: May 19, 2021, 05:32:27 PM »

This is trashiest thing I’ve read in a long long time.

I could call this person lots of uneducated things but I’ll restrict myself by pointing out this is the kind of dumb coward stuff the left mocks when they talk about empty identity politics. It’s what happens when collective important agenda is appropriated to serve individual selfish interests.

I don’t care, I will keep making fun of post-modern identity politics as far as it’s used in stuff like this. You can always distinguish the serious concerns with elite gaslighting to protect their standing.
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2021, 07:40:33 PM »

There are actually people defending Lori Lightfoot (I don’t mean here) lmaooo

Man, some people are ready to buy everything some political authority says or does as long as they’re on “their side”. That goes to all places in the political spectrum, of course Trumpists act the same as well.

But at least republicans are super honest about their bigotry, so you can prepare yourself for the worst in advance. Democrats are more cunning and use this inclusive woke language to gaslight people into thinking they work for their interests just to stab them in the back later, not give them healthcare or not defunding the police while still creating this woke shield to protect them from every criticism or pressure.

It’s worse because you can’t hold them accountable since they’re supposed to be the “good ones”, so if you’re against them whatever the reason then you’re “bad” since there are only two parties viable. I would never be able to handle these people pretending they’re on my side and having to suck it up only because the others are worse, not without getting crazy. That’s why I sympathize so much with the anti-woke left in the US.

It’s enough to make socially progressives turn into conservatives. I support stuff like criminalization of open homophobia and racism, which is probably something that would make me far-left in the US. But at the same time, I feel like I could vote for republicans (or more likely throw my vote away to an independent) simply because I cannot help but be too repulsed by the disingenuity of the Democrats messaging. It’s crazy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies