Ed Case: "I'm an Asian trapped in a white body"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 02:53:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ed Case: "I'm an Asian trapped in a white body"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Ed Case: "I'm an Asian trapped in a white body"  (Read 4628 times)
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2019, 01:12:09 PM »

Ugh, but Ed Case is still an FF. Hopefully, Tulsi's silly presidential run means she doesn't go for her congressional seat, and Hanabusa can grab it. Now that would be a great delegation!

This, except Abercrombie should run for Gabbard's seat.
Sure. Or Mufi. Really, Hanabusa should be gov.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2019, 01:35:43 PM »
« Edited: January 17, 2019, 04:24:52 PM by Crumpets »

Is nobody seriously considering the possibility he might be telling the literal truth, and there is an Asian person stuck inside him? Probably worth making absolutely for sure, if you ask me.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2019, 02:48:32 PM »

Is nobody seriously considering the possibility he might be telling the lieral truth, and there is an Asian person stuck inside him? Probably worth making absolutely for sure, if you ask me.
Reported for NSFW content.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2019, 02:50:59 PM »

Ugh, but Ed Case is still an FF. Hopefully, Tulsi's silly presidential run means she doesn't go for her congressional seat, and Hanabusa can grab it. Now that would be a great delegation!

I’m sure she’ll try. She’s ran for about everything else.
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2019, 02:52:37 PM »

Is nobody seriously considering the possibility he might be telling the lieral truth, and there is an Asian person stuck inside him? Probably worth making absolutely for sure, if you ask me.
Reported for NSFW content.

lol
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2019, 02:53:06 PM »

Maybe he eat an Asian? You know, like eating the heart of a warrior you've killed to gain his strenght?
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2019, 03:13:48 PM »

Why the reaction? If someone can be transgender, why can't someone be transracial? Both are social constructs, if we are to believe the modern dogmas.
At least fifty years of scientific analysis, including brain scans showing considerable activity and differentiation from a normal brain, has favored one scientifically checked claim over the other.
This still doesn't address my post. If race is not grounded in science and is just a social construct, why can't someone believe that he's of another race.

There actually are people 'trapped between cultures' or 'x culture in a y body.' They are called Third Culture Persons (originally kids but now adults). These people we're originally just diplomat children, but with globalization, there is now more of them since more people are in constant geographic flux. These people were born to one culture (say American) but raised in another (say you live in.. Germany), and you have bits of both but are a member of neither. These people have trouble fitting into either society, and prefer to be constantly on the move globally, or enjoying a cosmopolitan lifestyle in a major global city.

Ed Case is not a Third Culture Person

Why the reaction? If someone can be transgender, why can't someone be transracial? Both are social constructs, if we are to believe the modern dogmas.
At least fifty years of scientific analysis, including brain scans showing considerable activity and differentiation from a normal brain, has favored one scientifically checked claim over the other.
This still doesn't address my post. If race is not grounded in science and is just a social construct, why can't someone believe that he's of another race.
They weren’t born in Asia, don’t have relatives or ancestry from Asia, and more often than not are not truthful about their sincerity in being Asian.

Again, this does not address my post. You both are arguing that race inescapably tied to ancestry, in other words it's not just a social construct. But if we reject your arguments as is commonly done, then there is indeed no reason to limit racial identification so narrowly.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2019, 03:24:22 PM »

There actually are people 'trapped between cultures' or 'x culture in a y body.' They are called Third Culture Persons (originally kids but now adults). These people we're originally just diplomat children, but with globalization, there is now more of them since more people are in constant geographic flux. These people were born to one culture (say American) but raised in another (say you live in.. Germany), and you have bits of both but are a member of neither. These people have trouble fitting into either society, and prefer to be constantly on the move globally, or enjoying a cosmopolitan lifestyle in a major global city.

They weren’t born in Asia, don’t have relatives or ancestry from Asia, and more often than not are not truthful about their sincerity in being Asian.

Again, this does not address my post. You both are arguing that race inescapably tied to ancestry, in other words it's not just a social construct. But if we reject your arguments as is commonly done, then there is indeed no reason to limit racial identification so narrowly.
I was referring to cases where one has ties to Asia in some form if not the physiological definition of “Asian”, in which here the person does not in all cases. While race doesn’t exist as abilities between different-looking people are nonexistant, the outside appearance of Ed Case, not having a cranial structure being from East Asia, proves he is not Asian in any shape or form.

GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2019, 03:29:14 PM »

damn didn't know ed case was into vore
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2019, 03:43:00 PM »

Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2019, 03:44:25 PM »

Trump pls deport
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2019, 04:36:14 PM »

Maybe it's a version of that "Being John Malkovich" thing and there really is an Asian trapped in Ed Cases's head.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2019, 05:04:44 PM »

I'm not arguing, I'm just providing an example. And if anything, the case of TCPs is proof that culture is a social construct. To take a more radical example that I have read about, a kid of Austrian diplomats was stationed in Japan. He was born a person, but inhereted Austrian culture. He celebrated Christmas, and spoke German at home. However, he went to school and lived in Japanese society. This person spoke Japanese, liked Japanese pop stars, and ate in the traditional Japanese style. He adopted Japanese culture, despite being born in Vienna.

We can take this to two logical extremes. Say a child was adopted from one county, but raised in a second culture at home, but socialized with a third culture in the streets. They, having adopted multiple cultures', would have ties to all. Or, we can take the case of carrier diplomats that get stationed in multiple countries. Their kids experience and are part of multiple cultures from their environment and schools.

One can similarly take on a new culture after living in another society for some time. However, the TCKs are unique in that they were raised in said culture, and like everything aquired during ones youth, it is intergrated and retained far easier.

Case however fulfills none of these prerequisites.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2019, 08:10:18 PM »

Maybe it's a version of that "Being John Malkovich" thing and there really is an Asian trapped in Ed Cases's head.

Or worse, Asian 'Get Out.'
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2019, 08:20:56 PM »

Honestly I find nothing wrong with this comment. Who cares? This is a nonsensical line of attack. Case is better attacked in the same fashion all Democrats should be attacked - as potential communists who seek to eradicate everything good about America and replace it with their dystopian substitutes - whether it be the economic system, the political system, the culture, the demographics, etc.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2019, 12:10:12 AM »

Why did the Asian vote (the majority in Hawaii) have to be divided in this Democratic Primary ... they could not unite behind a candidate and let this embarrassing haole win ...

Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #66 on: January 18, 2019, 01:41:48 AM »

Kokua Ed!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to: