Mona Charen torches CPAC with criticism of Trump, Roy Moore (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 03:53:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Mona Charen torches CPAC with criticism of Trump, Roy Moore (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mona Charen torches CPAC with criticism of Trump, Roy Moore  (Read 2108 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« on: February 24, 2018, 03:47:50 PM »

http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-cpac-mona-charen-heckled-me-too-movement-times-sexual-misconduct-819079

“I’m disappointed about our side about being silent about serial harassers and abusers, including the one sitting in the White House,” Charen said, “because they happen to have an R beside their name.” This was an obvious reference to President Trump, who has been accused of sexual harassment and misconduct by more than a dozen women. He has denied all those allegations.

The hall erupted in booing and some shouting, a stark break from the cheering and applause that have marked the four-day conservative conclave.

Seemingly unfazed by the crowd’s dismay, Charen continued, “You can’t endorse Roy Moore, credibly accused of child sexual abuse,” a reference to former chief Alabama judge Roy S. Moore, who lost a senatorial race in that state last December. He was defended by many prominent Republicans, among them President Trump, despite credible evidence of misconduct against young women, including teenagers.

“Not true,” someone in the audience shouted, as the panel’s moderator, publisher of conservative Regenry Books, Marji Ross, tried to steer the conversation towards safer topics: the excesses of the #MeToo movement, Harvey Weinstein’s history of sexual assault.

Charen would not have it. She urged conservatives to “separate” themselves from “the men on our side who’ve behaved atrociously towards women.” Not quite done yet, she wondered why French ultranationalist Marion Marechal-Le Pen had been invited to speak at CPAC. “The Le Pen name is a disgrace,” she said of the family behind the National Front party in France.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 03:09:56 PM »

Props to her for telling it as it is! And seriously, Conservatives? They continued to defend the Le Pens despite her great-grandfather being a Nazi?

So that makes her 1/8 Nazi ?

So...like are you supporting her or what?

Criticizing someone for who they are descended from is stupid, and it's highly ironic when the criticism deals with prejudice based on ancestry.

I strongly oppose the xenophobia of the National Front, but I agree with 90% of what Marion said in her speech, which talked about the value of tradition, protecting national self-government from being destroyed by supranational bodies, and opposing the commodification of children and family life.

"Look, I don't like that Hitler exterminated 5 million Jews. But other than that he had some very good policies"
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 03:50:36 PM »

When the FN endorse genocide, we can talk. Until then, stop using the Holocaust to try to score cheap points. It's lazy and cheapens the horror of the atrocities committed by the Nazis.

You're right. They don't endorse it, they just deny it ever happened.
Totally different situation.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 04:51:31 PM »

When the FN endorse genocide, we can talk. Until then, stop using the Holocaust to try to score cheap points. It's lazy and cheapens the horror of the atrocities committed by the Nazis.

You're right. They don't endorse it, they just deny it ever happened.
Totally different situation.

Nice try but that's not a good enough reason for the rest of NATO invade Turkey and reconquer Istanbul for you.

Because I'm such a huge Greek nationalist, amirite?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies