Mona Charen torches CPAC with criticism of Trump, Roy Moore
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 05:27:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Mona Charen torches CPAC with criticism of Trump, Roy Moore
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Mona Charen torches CPAC with criticism of Trump, Roy Moore  (Read 2097 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 24, 2018, 03:47:50 PM »

http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-cpac-mona-charen-heckled-me-too-movement-times-sexual-misconduct-819079

“I’m disappointed about our side about being silent about serial harassers and abusers, including the one sitting in the White House,” Charen said, “because they happen to have an R beside their name.” This was an obvious reference to President Trump, who has been accused of sexual harassment and misconduct by more than a dozen women. He has denied all those allegations.

The hall erupted in booing and some shouting, a stark break from the cheering and applause that have marked the four-day conservative conclave.

Seemingly unfazed by the crowd’s dismay, Charen continued, “You can’t endorse Roy Moore, credibly accused of child sexual abuse,” a reference to former chief Alabama judge Roy S. Moore, who lost a senatorial race in that state last December. He was defended by many prominent Republicans, among them President Trump, despite credible evidence of misconduct against young women, including teenagers.

“Not true,” someone in the audience shouted, as the panel’s moderator, publisher of conservative Regenry Books, Marji Ross, tried to steer the conversation towards safer topics: the excesses of the #MeToo movement, Harvey Weinstein’s history of sexual assault.

Charen would not have it. She urged conservatives to “separate” themselves from “the men on our side who’ve behaved atrociously towards women.” Not quite done yet, she wondered why French ultranationalist Marion Marechal-Le Pen had been invited to speak at CPAC. “The Le Pen name is a disgrace,” she said of the family behind the National Front party in France.
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 04:25:47 PM »

Takes guts to be so frank in front of a crowd like that, and drill a hole in a echo chamber that pressurised. FF
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 04:54:17 PM »

I'm surprised she wasn't shot. You know, it would have been self-defense because of the Second Amendment.
fluffypanther19
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 04:55:43 PM »

Takes guts to be so frank in front of a crowd like that, and drill a hole in a echo chamber that pressurised. FF
really; good on her for taking on the hypocrisy of the right
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2018, 04:55:53 PM »

Good move on Charen calling out Trump and Moore's sexual assaults/harassments and Le Pen's far-right extremism, especially in front of a largely pro-Trump/pro-Moore/pro-Le Pen crowd at CPAC.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2018, 04:58:43 PM »

How did she get through the vetting?
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2018, 05:05:51 PM »

Yeah, wow. I'm glad someone called out their hypocrisy, but unfortunately they'll likely brush her off.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2018, 05:06:25 PM »

Ironically she wrote a book called "Useful Idiots" in 2003.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2018, 05:18:35 PM »

Those snowflakes didn't care for her penetrating their safe space.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2018, 05:52:35 PM »

Mona Charen has it right. Sexual restraint has long been a focus of conservative morality, and that precludes sexual harassment and messing around with underage people. We liberals could sacrifice Harvey Weinstein, Al Franken, and John Conyers quickly. We did not ask about the political orientations of Matt Lauer, Garrison Keillor, or Charlie Rose.

But it is perfectly OK that the current President could walk into female changing rooms or brag about grabbing women by their crotches. It's fine to be a scoundrel as long as one expresses and enforces the official ideology that np human sufferi9njg can ever be too much in the name of profit.
Joey1996

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2018, 06:02:23 PM »

Also called Le Pen a Nazi. Charen herself is a right wing clown but broken clock theory applies here.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2018, 07:42:59 PM »

That was actually her autobiography
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2018, 10:05:39 PM »

That was actually her autobiography
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2018, 10:07:10 PM »

Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2018, 10:31:05 PM »

Props to her for telling it as it is! And seriously, Conservatives? They continued to defend the Le Pens despite her great-grandfather being a Nazi?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2018, 12:09:30 AM »

Props to her for telling it as it is! And seriously, Conservatives? They continued to defend the Le Pens despite her great-grandfather being a Nazi?

So that makes her 1/8 Nazi ?
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2018, 12:19:10 AM »

I'm sure her own views play a role, too. I mean, I wouldn't expect them to defend a liberal just because her great-grandfather was Nazi. But if she's a fascist, too? That's their kind of gal. (As long as she's a lot younger than the conservative in question, of course.)
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2018, 12:27:36 AM »

I'm sure her own views play a role, too. I mean, I wouldn't expect them to defend a liberal just because her great-grandfather was Nazi. But if she's a fascist, too? That's their kind of gal. (As long as she's a lot younger than the conservative in question, of course.)

CPAC couldn't get enough of Le Pen's description of a kind of 'Final Solution' to the immigration issue in America. In exchange for work, she said, they will set the immigrants free or something like that
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2018, 12:53:31 AM »

CPAC couldn't get enough of Le Pen's description of a kind of 'Final Solution' to the immigration issue in America. In exchange for work, she said, they will set the immigrants free or something like that
Hey, all Le Pen's asking for is a little living space. Maybe if we give it to her, we can achieve peace for our time!
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2018, 01:04:54 AM »

is this an attempt at a joke?

The only mention of immigration in her speech was in reference to France and was very mild by Trump/CPAC standards.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2018, 07:23:03 AM »

Why are you requoting this, when you still support the people she’s referring to? She’s talking to you.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2018, 09:06:16 AM »

afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2018, 10:26:47 AM »

So that makes her 1/8 Nazi ?

So...like are you supporting her or what?
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2018, 10:50:35 AM »

is this an attempt at a joke?

The only mention of immigration in her speech was in reference to France and was very mild by Trump/CPAC standards.

Gasp! Any deviation from democrat views on immigration is racist nazi fascism.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2018, 01:27:43 PM »

RINO cuck. I'm surprised the deplorables in the audience didn't start chanting "Lock her up!"
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies