Opinion of Saxony
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 07:02:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Saxony
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Opinion of Saxony
Freedom State

Horrible State

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 51

Author Topic: Opinion of Saxony  (Read 2927 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2017, 09:41:57 PM »

BTW the only reason Hennepin County gave Trump more than 27% is it has a bunch of very conservative exurbs and rural areas in the west. If it was more akin to Ramsey County in size that wouldn't be the case:

No one in Minneapolis gives a sh!t about Corcoran or Greenfield or Dayton and travels there unless passing through (unless they grew up there and still have family there or something.)
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2017, 10:18:37 PM »

A great place full of great people. Trau dich, Sachsen!

No, it's full of terrible people, similar to other vile sh!tholes like Aisne, Pas-de-Calais, Limburg, Hartlepool and Burgenland.

Have you ever been to any of those places?

No, I've never been to Europe. But if I do visit I'll obviously avoid those garbage places and spend my time only in progressive areas.

And if people think this is silly and petty, please consider that just about all tourist hotspots in the US are in heavily Democratic cities, NYC, San Francisco, DC, Seattle, Chicago, south Florida, Hawaii, etc. And I think just about anyone would rather visit Paris than Aisne.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2017, 10:26:37 PM »

I just thought of the Ingress anomalies I've been to and realized only two were in Trump counties.

3x Cook County, IL
2x Hennepin County, MN
2x Milwaukee County, WI
Ramsey County, MN
Dane County, WI
St. Louis City, MO
Jackson County, MO
Fulton County, GA
Denver City, CO
Washtenaw County, MI
Minnehaha County, SD
Tarrant County, TX
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2017, 11:39:56 PM »

Yeah f**ck working class people, especially if they vote in the wrong way, amirite?

So brave of you to talk sh**t about millions of people you've probably never met. Get a life.

LOL. Are you familiar with the demographics of south central Minneapolis at all?

The mayor of Minneapolis should issue a press release distancing the city from you, honestly.

That would probably just make me more popular, seeing as when she gave a press conference about her forcing out the police chief she was shouted down by hecklers asking her to resign as well. And hey, I don't plan on even preferencing her in November and will vote for her opponents, and she's now expected to lose so...

If anything, the mayor coming out against you would signal a populist shift in her political style and could increase her chances of success.

Also I find it hilarious a Maduro apologist is talking about how my city needs to be distanced from me.

You made a thread simply to label a German state (that you've never visited) and its people "horrible" because 27.0% of voters (the majority of which were protest voters) voted for a party you dislike, my man.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2017, 10:16:58 AM »

Yeah f**ck working class people, especially if they vote in the wrong way, amirite?

So brave of you to talk sh**t about millions of people you've probably never met. Get a life.

LOL. Are you familiar with the demographics of south central Minneapolis at all?

Not the point. The only thing all the places you listed have in common is that they are all working class areas.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2017, 10:21:56 AM »

No, it's full of terrible people, similar to other vile sh!tholes like Aisne, Pas-de-Calais, Limburg, Hartlepool and Burgenland.

No, I've never been to Europe. But if I do visit I'll obviously avoid those garbage places and spend my time only in progressive areas.

And if people think this is silly and petty, please consider that just about all tourist hotspots in the US are in heavily Democratic cities, NYC, San Francisco, DC, Seattle, Chicago, south Florida, Hawaii, etc. And I think just about anyone would rather visit Paris than Aisne.

The Grand Canyon, Niagara Falls, Yellowstone Park, the Great Smoky Mountains...
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2017, 10:27:01 AM »

Hartlepool seems to be an interesting addition (an addition that doesn't make sense.)
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2017, 02:01:50 PM »

It voted almost 70% for Brexit.
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2017, 02:08:07 PM »

It wasn't the most pro-Leave city. That was Boston.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2017, 04:32:43 PM »

btw, I've been wondering how did Saxony move from the North Sea coast to Central Europe?
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2017, 09:00:05 PM »

It would be nice if that was comparable to voting for Afd, Le Pen etc.

It's interesting how you include working-class Hartlepool, but exclude Boston and more middle cass areas that voted leave (which had higher % of UKIP voters) .
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2017, 02:42:37 AM »

What a horrible post.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2017, 02:53:53 AM »

Jesus Christ.

Funnily enough I was on holiday in America last month and had a fantastic time in heavily Republican rural Tennessee (and GOP-leaning suburban Atlanta also). Everyone there was ridiculously friendly and I met some wonderful people, but apparently it's "garbage" to visit places where people Vote The Wrong Way shock horror. I should have visited cold and miserable Minnesota instead.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2017, 07:02:01 AM »

Jesus Christ.

Funnily enough I was on holiday in America last month and had a fantastic time in heavily Republican rural Tennessee (and GOP-leaning suburban Atlanta also). Everyone there was ridiculously friendly and I met some wonderful people, but apparently it's "garbage" to visit places where people Vote The Wrong Way shock horror. I should have visited cold and miserable Minnesota instead.

No one in Minnesota last month would ever describe it as "cold". And its consistently ranked amongst the happiest states, hardly miserable.
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2017, 10:40:08 AM »

No, I've never been to Europe. But if I do visit I'll obviously avoid those garbage places and spend my time only in progressive areas. [...] And I think just about anyone would rather visit Paris than Aisne.

I mean Lille is in Nord rather than Aisne but its pretty close to the border, and that's incredibly nice to go to.  Plus that general area (Somme is more famous for it for obvious reasons) is a place where lots of major WWI battles are fought, which is a reason why people might elect to go there.  I mean Paris is very nice; but its well, very... touristy, with all the problems that has.  I was only there for three days and that was really enough for me, I can only imagine that its worse in the summer rather than a random weekend in the middle of January...

It wasn't the most pro-Leave city. That was Boston.

Boston isn't a city though; its a pretty average sized town - just looked it up and its 30,000 people, the borough is more but that includes areas around the actual town.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2017, 03:58:20 PM »

It would be nice if that was comparable to voting for Afd, Le Pen etc.

It's interesting how you include working-class Hartlepool, but exclude Boston and more middle cass areas that voted leave (which had higher % of UKIP voters) .

Meanwhile, that well-known progressive place Royal Tunbridge Wells voted Remain by something like 58-42.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2017, 04:08:46 PM »

Jesus Christ.

No one in Minnesota last month would ever describe it as "cold". And its consistently ranked amongst the happiest states, hardly miserable.

http://www.startribune.com/minnesota-nice-it-s-like-ice/266823811/

Doesn't sound like a very tourist-friendly place tbh. I'll stick to Southern hospitality.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2017, 04:28:04 PM »

Jesus Christ.

Doesn't sound like a very tourist-friendly place tbh. I'll stick to Southern hospitality.
Minnesota is a wonderful, beautiful place with wonderful, beautiful sights and wonderful people. Don't plan on ever moving there but it would be an awesome place to visit.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2017, 05:30:05 PM »

Jesus Christ.

Couldn't be further from the truth.  But then if you'll let one newspaper article that engages in introspection about a propensity to resort to passive-aggressiveness rather than outright aggression or confrontation keep you away... then perhaps you should stay away! Smiley Smiley Smiley
nicholas.slaydon
Ukraine

« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2017, 11:18:22 PM »

Beautiful state with a rich cultural legacy = FS.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2017, 07:30:50 AM »

Horrible state.

We should exclude Saxony from Germany and the EU, deport all AfD guys, build a great, great wall around the state and let Saxony pay for the wall.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2017, 11:58:42 AM »
« Edited: September 30, 2017, 12:03:35 PM by DavidB. »

Horrible state.

We should exclude Saxony from Germany and the EU, deport all AfD guys, build a great, great wall around the state and let Saxony pay for the wall.
An SPD member in 2017, ladies and gentlemen.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2017, 12:12:14 PM »

BTW the only reason Hennepin County gave Trump more than 27% is it has a bunch of very conservative exurbs and rural areas in the west. If it was more akin to Ramsey County in size that wouldn't be the case:

No one in Minneapolis gives a sh!t about Corcoran or Greenfield or Dayton and travels there unless passing through (unless they grew up there and still have family there or something.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rationalization_(psychology)
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2017, 12:20:14 PM »

No, I've never been to Europe. But if I do visit I'll obviously avoid those garbage places and spend my time only in progressive areas. [...] And I think just about anyone would rather visit Paris than Aisne.

I mean Lille is in Nord rather than Aisne but its pretty close to the border, and that's incredibly nice to go to.  Plus that general area (Somme is more famous for it for obvious reasons) is a place where lots of major WWI battles are fought, which is a reason why people might elect to go there.  I mean Paris is very nice; but its well, very... touristy, with all the problems that has.  I was only there for three days and that was really enough for me, I can only imagine that its worse in the summer rather than a random weekend in the middle of January...

And not the sidetrack, but the beer you get in Nord-Pas-de-Calais, absolutely incredible...

And the thing about Aisne is, well this
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2017, 02:22:49 PM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rationalization_(psychology)

Hey, you k ow what that reminds me of....
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies