Chris Pratt horrifies fans with 'lackluster' Garfield performance
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:14:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Chris Pratt horrifies fans with 'lackluster' Garfield performance
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Chris Pratt horrifies fans with 'lackluster' Garfield performance  (Read 265 times)
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 05, 2024, 12:57:44 AM »

Chris Pratt has caused widespread condemnation and horror in Tinseltown with his 'un-Garfield-esque' impression of the beloved orange feline. Fans who were once over the moon to see Garfield on the silver screen once again are staggered by the baffling casting choice. Pratt's 'generic' and 'announcer-like' delivery has been speculated to ruin the once promising film, which Hollywood insiders thought had the makings of an MCU-style franchise.

Fans are already voicing their displeasure:

[Garfield's] supposed to sound smart, grumpy, lazy, unamused. But with Chris Pratt as is VA, he just sounds like a spokesperson for sparkling water. It just doesn't work for me.

The movie looks gorgeous, I'm sure it'll do well. But the voice acting from Chris Pratt is 100% gonna take away from the value of the movie.

I was disappointed in the trailer because instead of eating Lasagne when Jon first meets Garfield, he’s eating pizza.

You had one job 😭

Garfield always gives off a massive, "Im tired, bored and i hate mondays" attitude and Chriss gives of a "im energised  happy and enthusiastic" mood which is almost the complete opposite

Nick Offerman would be a good Garfield

Garfield lovers everywhere are already circling a petition demanding a return of Bill Murray to his career-defining role, either in a revival of the earlier franchise or as the dubbed-in voice in post for this most recent film.

However, movie buffs and experts have pointed out that the Garfield film will finally reveal Garfield's tragic backstory of parental abandonment, giving the film a bit more heart and a chance at redemption. Some are saying that if the directors can recast the title role, it will be certain to snag Oscar gold!
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2024, 03:03:54 AM »

Chris Pratt is great, but after the Mario fracas, Hollywood should stop pushing him to voice famous characters.

It's hard not to hear Lorenzo Music or Bill Murray in the role.
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2024, 09:45:22 AM »

How this talentless dude keeps making movies after the “Passengers” flop is mind-blowing unexplainable to me. Even Jennifer Lawrence started appearing somewhat less on movies after it.

White Male Privilege is like, sooooo real.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2024, 10:26:18 AM »

Time to watch the 2000s series.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2024, 10:32:38 AM »

Chris Pratt is great, but after the Mario fracas, Hollywood should stop pushing him to voice famous characters.

It's hard not to hear Lorenzo Music or Bill Murray in the role.
This, though Frank Welker did fine in the role in the 2008 series.
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2024, 10:45:56 AM »

I’d rather watch Gazorpazorpfield take Jon down a few pegs.

Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2024, 10:53:14 AM »

Unrelated but man, 2D-animated films really are a dead art now, huh? This movie looks as ugly as 98% of the CGI films that have been shat out in the last decade and a half or so. The voice acting is the least of my problems.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2024, 05:42:58 PM »

Unrelated but man, 2D-animated films really are a dead art now, huh? This movie looks as ugly as 98% of the CGI films that have been shat out in the last decade and a half or so. The voice acting is the least of my problems.

2D seems relegated to adult animation almost entirely. And it's a shame because 2D animation doesn't age as bad as 3D does in time.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies