The FL Election Day & Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:12:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The FL Election Day & Results Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The FL Election Day & Results Thread  (Read 12587 times)
Politico
YaBB God
« on: January 31, 2012, 06:12:05 PM »

Romney is probably going to get over 40%.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 06:51:32 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2012, 06:54:12 PM by Politico »

I should note, I spoke to my friend in Florida (he's 48 yrs old, registered independent), and he wasn't aware of Romney's skyrocketing in polls in the final days. My father also said to me, "So Newt winning tonight? Or will it be close?"

He went on Drudge and saw the exit polls and said, "Holy crap!"

If there are people unaware of Romney's rise in the final days, then it could seem like a giant upset win for him to those people.

Yeah, not a lot of folks follow this as closely as we do. A lot of people are in for a big surprise tonight. Romney is going to look like he just became president tonight after everybody gets a load of the victory speech in a jam-packed convention center. Hopefully his victory speech will be as powerful as his debate performance on Thursday night.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 07:02:59 PM »

Romney has never given a great speech.

His last victory speech was great.

What is the IRC link?
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 07:06:05 PM »

Oh politico, your hack glasses always make for a good laugh.

I'll eventually be laughing for eight years straight.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 07:14:51 PM »

I don't know if he will keep it but more than 50% for Romney will be hard for Gingrich to overcome.

(I'm stuck here... IRC not working for me.)

Yeah, kind of kills his argument that Santorum should drop out.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 07:17:57 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2012, 07:22:20 PM by Politico »

Oh politico, your hack glasses always make for a good laugh.

I'll eventually be laughing for eight years straight.

Were you laughing when Gore swept the field because he was the "only electable" candidate in 2008? Were you laughing when the eventually McCain/Romney nominee would trounce any Democrat in November? Were you laughing when Obama magically carries all of the Clinton states and 56%< of the vote?

Oh wait, none of that happened because you have no grasp on reality and see any candidate you support (or loathe) through hack and melodramatic glasses.  Please change your name, it's very misleading.

I've overstated the magnitude of my predictions in the past, and I do have fun on here. I play it quite loose on here. I like to entertain and be entertained. With that said, I have never predicted the wrong victor in any race before on Election Day, or even days before Election Day. The only exception is John Kerry against George Bush, which was before I joined this forum. And I suppose Santorum over Romney, which is obviously undetermined as to who really won.

Obviously much can change between now and November, but my money is on Mitt.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 07:45:49 PM »

So even if Santorum had dropped out and all of his support went to Gingrich, Romney would still have won.

BTW, are any online live feeds working for you guys? I want to turn off the tube.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 07:54:29 PM »

Five more minutes...
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 08:02:37 PM »

MITT! MITT! MITT!
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2012, 08:04:23 PM »

So much for Gingrich winning over Hispanics, and Romney being anti-immigrant.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2012, 08:07:36 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2012, 08:09:24 PM by Politico »

I guess Politico was right about there being relatively little difference between income levels.

(Although clearly the proverbial 1%ers love the Mittster extra-much).

Of course I was right. There is no class divide, or any such rubbish. Romney does better among high income level people and highly educated people, but we are not looking at one candidate winning one group of income levels and some other candidate winning the lower income levels.

The only big "divide" or gap is with regards to gender, which goes without saying when you consider Gingrich's history.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2012, 08:14:14 PM »

Okay, Mitt won't even be close to 50%. Good to know.

Take what small comfort you can even though Romney has achieved an absolute blowout.

There's no stopping us now, Winnie!
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2012, 08:16:32 PM »

I guess Politico was right about there being relatively little difference between income levels.

Of course I was right. There is no class divide, or any such rubbish.
This proves to you that no matter what your income is, people want to get rid of the class divide that's happening currently in the US with the this administration.

If all that is true, than why is Romney doing 20 points better among people who make 200K+ than he is among people who make 30K or less?

One, you need to control for geographical location. Two, there is no way to verify the people who say they earn over 200K per year actually earn over 200K per year.

The point is this, though: Romney is winning all groups except evangelical Christians, which he lost by three points, and certain rural counties, specifically in the panhandle.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2012, 08:23:25 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2012, 08:25:48 PM by Politico »

Of course I was right. There is no class divide, or any such rubbish.
This proves to you that no matter what your income is, people want to get rid of the class divide that's happening currently in the US with the this administration.

If all that is true, than why is Romney doing 20 points better among people who make 200K+ than he is among people who make 30K or less?

One, you need to control for geographical location. Two, there is no way to verify the people who say they earn over 200K per year actually earn over 200K per year.

The point is this, though: Romney is winning all groups except evangelical Christians, which he lost by three points, and certain rural counties, specifically in the panhandle.

Then what's the point of exit polls?

Some characteristics you can easily verify: gender, race, etc.

Generally, people do not lie about their income, but it is the one characteristic people are most likely to lie about.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This is some type of Walter Mondale-esque fantasy. ROMNEY WON EVERY INCOME GROUP. What more do you need to see? 100% across the board support for Romney? You'll get that among Republicans in November.

Where in God's name do you get these absurd class notions from, anyway? Our European cousins? You would think John Edwards, not Barack Obama, became president.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2012, 08:26:47 PM »

I gotta go, folks. Enjoy the victory speech! GO, MITT, GO!
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2012, 10:15:45 PM »

Okay, Mitt won't even be close to 50%. Good to know.

Take what small comfort you can even though Romney has achieved an absolute blowout.

There's no stopping us now, Winnie!

You got that right!

Congratulations Politico!

THIS ONE'S FOR YOU:

Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2012, 10:16:58 PM »

This isn't saying much, but (though hackish), this is - by far - Romney's best speech yet.

He is getting better with each speech. Imagine how good he'll be by the fall.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2012, 10:20:40 PM »

The 46 states to go signs really make newt look like a sore loser.

Yeah, it looked amateur and unbecoming. Imagine if Romney had come out after South Carolina with signs that said "47 states to go." Everybody would be LOL'ing all week about it, myself included. Really bad move by Gingrich, IMHO.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2012, 10:23:25 PM »

The primaries are starting to have some noticeably hilarious patterns.  More later.

Romney cleaned up with the Cubans and rich olds.  His best counties are Miami-Dade, Collier and Sumter.   Gingrich did best in rural parts of the panhandle, breaking 50% in two small counties.  That bodes well for Gingrich in much of the rest of the South.

Until you realize that another southern state does not vote between now and Super Tuesday. If Romney wins the next eight contests, I will not even be surprised if Gingrich loses Georgia, let alone Virginia and Tennessee, on Super Tuesday.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2012, 10:35:34 PM »

I would be a sore loser too if my opponent ran a literally 99% negative campaign against me and sent his campaign surrogates to constantly heckle me throughout the entire state.

After South Carolina and "vulture capitalism," what did he expect?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies