Are You Better Off Now Than You Were 4 Years Ago? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:01:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Are You Better Off Now Than You Were 4 Years Ago? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Are You Better Off Now Than You Were 4 Years Ago?  (Read 2369 times)
後援会
koenkai

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -2.52

« on: September 01, 2012, 10:46:22 PM »

No. But then again, I don't really think it's possible for me to feel better off than I was four years ago. If we're talking about my personal finances, I'm probably a little worse off but I don't really think of myself as that materialist. I don't really have a driving desire to have nice cars, McMansions, designer clothing, go to fancy restaurants, or have an income high enough for Obama to raise taxes on me next year. Once I clear the "you're doing pretty well" bar, everything beyond that is pretty much the same. And I have not fallen below that bar. In fact, it is exceedingly improbable I will ever fall below that bar because I generally manage my finances well and have a very large, close-knit family-community.

That being say, under Obama, my financial situation has deteriorated just a little bit and when I'm my parent's age, it will probably not be as good as theirs. Then again, even though it's unfortunate, their standard of living is pretty damn good, so I'm not that bothered personally, because I still feel pretty damn good about my life. However, I'm absolutely certain that my kids are definitely not going to have it as good as I am if Barack Obama is reelected. And they definitely could fall below that bar. And that's just not acceptable.
後援会
koenkai

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 12:18:53 AM »

Clan line coming to an end?
後援会
koenkai

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 12:51:59 AM »

The sole individual of the next generation, my nephew,  is schizophrenic. He won't be siring issue. The Dunn line is coming to an end. We're finished.

Ah. I'm very sorry about that. But uh, I don't mean to pry, but how does actually happen? And uh, from what I have seen, mental illness and reproduction are not necessarily mutually self-excluding...
後援会
koenkai

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 02:56:51 PM »

To be quite fair, opening my wallet to the Romney campaign has not helped my finances.

However, I still blame Obama for this, because if he were a good President, I wouldn't be doing this.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies