Maduro Confirms Arrest of Caracas Mayor for Coup Plotting (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 10:05:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Maduro Confirms Arrest of Caracas Mayor for Coup Plotting (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Maduro Confirms Arrest of Caracas Mayor for Coup Plotting  (Read 3080 times)
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« on: February 21, 2015, 03:41:27 PM »

Hopefully the White House is involved in the plotting of coup attempts.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 05:31:58 PM »

Hopefully the White House is involved in the plotting of coup attempts.

Even if you support the coup attempts, why would you actively hope a foreign power is involved?

Maybe he wants the coup attempts to fail.

My only explanation, in fact.

Fine -- I hope the White House is ready to provide whatever aid the coup plotters want. If they think the best way to go is without clandestine North American support, then more power to them. The key point is for Maduro and the entire Bolivarian elite to go, as soon as possible, using whatever methods will work.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 10:31:39 PM »

A American supported coup in Latin America have as much support from the general public as Russian ones in the Eastern Europe. So congratulation if Obama followed your suggestion, we could look forward to a decade with Maduro.

If the coup plotters restore democracy after the coup (probably the best possible result), I highly doubt the Venezuelan people will cut off their nose to spite their face by voting for Maduro.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 01:32:49 AM »

A American supported coup in Latin America have as much support from the general public as Russian ones in the Eastern Europe. So congratulation if Obama followed your suggestion, we could look forward to a decade with Maduro.

If the coup plotters restore democracy after the coup (probably the best possible result), I highly doubt the Venezuelan people will cut off their nose to spite their face by voting for Maduro.

Such coup plotters could only exist in Venezuelan military. Do you really think it is likely that, at this point, there is anybody in Venezuelan military who "would restore democracy"?

No, but do you really think military rule would be worse than Maduro? Notice that I was discussing a "best possible result".

There is nobody within the Venezuelan system who would be capable of pulling off a coup, as such, against Maduro; thus, any attempt at doing so would be crushed, and probably provide Maduro a decade's worth of propaganda fodder.

There are many in Venezuelan system who could do a coup against Maduro. My prime suspect would be Diosdado Cabello. The only problem is, both he and anybody else who could do this, would not at all help either the opposition or democracy.

Then again, if military rule means Cabello and his Soles it would be even worse than Maduro. I suppose it depends on how thoroughly the Venezuelan military has been scrubbed.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2015, 04:00:54 PM »

People like Vosem are the reason Chavez came to power and was repeatedly reelected and succeeded by Maduro.
And thank for people like Vosem, because they'll use their resources and talents to overthrow people like Chavez and Maduro Wink.

You mean, they have resources and talents?

The sad thing is, my friends, I don't know if people like myself still have resources in Venezuela. We had better hope so.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies