S.20.3-14: Sports Venue Reform Act (Law'd) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 09:08:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  S.20.3-14: Sports Venue Reform Act (Law'd) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: S.20.3-14: Sports Venue Reform Act (Law'd)  (Read 487 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: September 05, 2020, 06:21:38 PM »

This is a hard one for me.
I don't think I can get behind the thought the regional government categorically can't subsidize stadiums and such, but at the same time it's a mild measure. It's also true this could be repealed later, though the merits of taking such a temporary action don't really seem to be all that worth it.
I guess by a slight token I know how I'm voting.
Nay.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2020, 10:20:58 AM »

Due to a vacancy in the Chamber, this has enough votes to fail. Delegates have 24 hours to change their votes.

I must say, I am disappointed by this. Not because it is failing, but because none of the Nay votes bothered to say anything prior to the vote beginning. Perhaps an amendment could have been offered to address some of the concerns, I would have been happy to work with any of you on this if I had known there were issues. This is something I would have expected from the last Chamber, but not this one, our first instance of Lazy Legislating! this session. Several delegates are running for Governor - this helps bring clarity for me on that race.
The final vote coming along caught me a bit off guard and I really didn't know what to feel about the legislation. I was forced to make an opinion on the spot as to whether to vote Aye or Nay, and this wasn't helped by the fact I felt so indecisive about it. I agree this happening is a failing on part of not just me but also others in the chamber. We ought to do better than this.
Would a gubernatorial veto help the measure be amended?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies