PA 11 - Barletta may challenge Kanjorski again. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 06:39:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA 11 - Barletta may challenge Kanjorski again. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA 11 - Barletta may challenge Kanjorski again.  (Read 3788 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: August 23, 2007, 01:10:19 PM »

Barletta is better off running for Senate against Phil Spector in 2010.

Ugh...Phil Spector. A pioneer of the world of music...had to get involved in murder. Pity. Songs from "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling" to "Then He Kissed Me" to "Be My Baby" to "Christmas (Baby Please Some Home)" would not exist had it not been for this man. Hell, since one of my favorite songs, "Take Me Home Tonight" is a spin-off in a way of "Be My Baby"...it's safe to assume he is responsible for that song as well...

Sad thing.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 05:55:08 PM »

It's not as if he were an especially good husband to Ronnie Spector, either.

Just like Ronnie sang...
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 09:44:54 PM »

Barletta is better off running for Senate against Phil Spector in 2010.

Ugh...Phil Spector. A pioneer of the world of music...had to get involved in murder. Pity. Songs from "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling" to "Then He Kissed Me" to "Be My Baby" to "Christmas (Baby Please Some Home)" would not exist had it not been for this man. Hell, since one of my favorite songs, "Take Me Home Tonight" is a spin-off in a way of "Be My Baby"...it's safe to assume he is responsible for that song as well...

Sad thing.

I thought that was Eddy Money?

Yes, Eddie Money sang "Take Me Home Tonight" which reached #4 on the charts in late 1986, however, Ronnie Spector performs the song with Eddie Money and the lyrics note, "Just like Ronnie Sang... and then Ronnie Spector sings "Be My Little Baby"...which is a reference to her song from "The Ronettes" in 1962, "Be My Baby" which used Phil Spector's famed "Wall of Sound". So it's safe to say had Phil Spector never come up with the "Wall of Sound"...which led to the 1962 song "Be My Baby"....there would have never been 1986's "Take Me Home Tonight".
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies