Trump's strategy to keep control of the House... promising 10% tax cut...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 05:09:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Trump's strategy to keep control of the House... promising 10% tax cut...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump's strategy to keep control of the House... promising 10% tax cut...  (Read 548 times)
SCNCmod

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 23, 2018, 03:35:38 AM »

Trump's new strategy to keep control of the House... promising 10% tax cut...

Its amazing house he will literally just make stuff up off the top of his head, and make up complete lies... yet is never held accountable.

Not only did he say the 10% tax cut was coming- he said it would come before the election?Huh  (Funny this comes 2 days after Kamala Harris began talking about a middle cut tax plan she was proposing).

What worse- Not only is FOXNEWS not holding him accountable... they are 100% complicit.  This morning on Fox & Friends Early... They had Kayleigh Mcenany (RNC) on to talk about the "tax cuts coming" ... and she said: Dems want to get rid of the tax cuts, so voting for Republicans is the only way you will get the tax cut?Huh?? (She & FOX both know that Dems have talked about getting rid of the corporate tax cut - not the individual tax cut that they were talking about on the show this morning... Also they both know that Republicans were the ones that put the sunset on the Individual Cuts... against Dems objection.)  Are we really living in such a bizarro land that something like this complete hoax can happen?  And FOX doesn't even try to set the record straight- instead they literally promote it.  (I will post the video if I come across a clip)

I really hope voters are not dumb enough to fall for this- although I fear many are. 

Any thoughts on what voters will think?
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 11:50:08 AM »

I'm a believer. The Ds wouldn't be campaigning against the previous tax cut if it wasn't effective at helping R voters.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 11:51:07 AM »

I'm a believer. The Ds wouldn't be campaigning against the previous tax cut if it wasn't effective at helping R voters.

I think the bigger immediate issue here is that Trump is promising a tax cut before the midterms when Congress isn't even in session. 

Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 11:59:51 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
* IDS Ex-Speaker Ben Kenobi looks at thread.

Son, it's an election. So far Trump has kept most of his promises that he ran on in 2016. When he's already delivered one tax cut, why would folks doubt that he'd be able to deliver another?
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2018, 12:02:40 PM »

Gimme gimme!

There are loads of Americans who prefer this to whatever the Democrats can offer, like ...uh...hmm...angry mobs I guess? lmao
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2018, 12:03:35 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
* IDS Ex-Speaker Ben Kenobi looks at thread.

Son, it's an election. So far Trump has kept most of his promises that he ran on in 2016. When he's already delivered one tax cut, why would folks doubt that he'd be able to deliver another?

I'm a girl, sweetheart.  

And I never said he wouldn't be able to deliver another "tax cut", but his throwing out "tax cuts before the midterms" just came off as typical Trump-binary thinking: "my base likes it when I say tax cuts, so I'll say tax cuts".  
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2018, 12:05:12 PM »

Okay, and how much of our retirement benefits, health care coverage, and social programs will we lose to pay for this? Or will the money just come out of thin air like it seems to do for tax cuts but nothing else?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2018, 12:28:53 PM »

Because it worked so well for Republicans last time they tried it!
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2018, 01:06:33 PM »

If the tax cuts were popular, R's would be running on it....and they aren't.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2018, 01:12:08 PM »

If the tax cuts were popular, R's would be running on it....and they aren't.

Right, this.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2018, 02:55:06 PM »

Lol, why do I feel like this is just going to be some tax cut to help the wealthy (i.e. capital gains basis indexing)?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies