will Obama be physically present at the 2016 DNC?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 04:04:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  will Obama be physically present at the 2016 DNC?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: will Obama be physically present at the 2016 DNC?
yes

no

other (explain)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 80

Author Topic: will Obama be physically present at the 2016 DNC?  (Read 2753 times)
Dazey
Rookie
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2015, 12:44:30 PM »

All sorts of interesting implications from this comparison.

Ha! Exactly my thoughts.

There are already interesting parallels: Grand, historical visionary figure, beloved by his party and generally popular, hands the reigns to a much less personally popular person, who is elected solely on the record of said grand historical figure, but ultimately proves much less inspiring.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2015, 02:58:14 PM »

All sorts of interesting implications from this comparison.

Ha! Exactly my thoughts.

There are already interesting parallels: Grand, historical visionary figure, beloved by his party and generally popular, hands the reigns to a much less personally popular person, who is elected solely on the record of said grand historical figure, but ultimately proves much less inspiring.

Yeah but it's HILLARY
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2015, 03:01:01 PM »

I would think so.  He won't be unpopular like Bush was and Hillary will need Obama's enthusiastic backing.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2015, 04:00:17 PM »

Isn't it fascinating how Obama and Clinton became from mortal enemies to being so closely tied?
Not only that but it seems to me that becoming Obama's SoS has given Hillary a peace of mind that was clearly absent in 2008 (especially if her Game Change portrayal is accurate).
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2015, 04:03:04 PM »

Isn't it fascinating how Obama and Clinton became from mortal enemies to being so closely tied?
Not only that but it seems to me that becoming Obama's SoS has given Hillary a peace of mind that was clearly absent in 2008 (especially if her Game Change portrayal is accurate).
Well, her time as SoS has inoculated her both from attacks from Obama supporters(for the most part) and questions of her experience, especially compared to Obama in 2008 or the current clown car. In many ways, her time at the State Department has made her a much more formidable candidate than the fake southern drawl Hillary of 2008.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies