2018 Congressional Recruitment/Fundraising/Ratings Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 07:40:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2018 Congressional Recruitment/Fundraising/Ratings Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 75
Author Topic: 2018 Congressional Recruitment/Fundraising/Ratings Megathread  (Read 232700 times)
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: May 28, 2017, 07:17:43 AM »

I have doubts about Berniecrats winning districts which swung right of late... We saw an example in MT-AL recently..
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #176 on: May 28, 2017, 08:32:08 AM »

I have doubts about Berniecrats winning districts which swung right of late... We saw an example in MT-AL recently..

We saw an example of what happens when you nominate a stoner, tax avoiding, nudist associating, politically inexperienced folk singer.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #177 on: May 28, 2017, 10:13:25 AM »

Nate Silver,

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Source.
Legitimate question: How much clout should we continue to give Silver after his seriously botched 2016 prediction.

At least Silver actually gave Trump a chance to win the election. As a matter of fact, in his model he acknowledged that he had an unusually high chance of winning the electoral college while losing the popular vote.

Plus, other analysts didn't give Trump a chance at all.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #178 on: May 28, 2017, 03:41:47 PM »

We saw an example of what happens when you nominate a stoner, tax avoiding, nudist associating, politically inexperienced folk singer.

Yeah. But supported by Bernie nevertheless...
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #179 on: May 28, 2017, 09:22:05 PM »

Do some candidate research before making pronouncements, eh?
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #180 on: May 28, 2017, 09:38:40 PM »

He was also backed by the Montana political establishment. The Quist loss had more to do with his individual weakness as a candidate than his Bernie association. Most of those weaknesses weren't known by anybody until it was too late.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #181 on: May 29, 2017, 03:05:47 AM »
« Edited: May 29, 2017, 03:53:43 AM by smoltchanov »

I always do. Read about it in a number of Internet sources (including Daily Kos) and had no reason to doubt it. May be - not Bernie himself, but Bernie-associated organizations, but there is no difference for me.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #182 on: May 29, 2017, 03:56:31 AM »

He was also backed by the Montana political establishment. The Quist loss had more to do with his individual weakness as a candidate than his Bernie association. Most of those weaknesses weren't known by anybody until it was too late.

Agree. And don't understand why establishment backed him. Even his some initial positions (before personal flaws became known), like strong support for gun control, were very difficult to sell in Montana
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #183 on: May 29, 2017, 09:40:30 AM »

I have doubts about Berniecrats winning districts which swung right of late... We saw an example in MT-AL recently.

I always do. Read about it in a number of Internet sources (including Daily Kos) and had no reason to doubt it. May be - not Bernie himself, but Bernie-associated organizations, but there is no difference for me.

1: Not what Chickenhawk meant
2: The bold evinces why you are one of the worst posters on here.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #184 on: May 29, 2017, 08:19:10 PM »
« Edited: May 30, 2017, 03:42:06 AM by smoltchanov »

I have doubts about Berniecrats winning districts which swung right of late... We saw an example in MT-AL recently.

Do you REALLY think that i care about your opinion??? Not even funny,,,, In fact - i relish such comments from such persons)))
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #185 on: May 30, 2017, 01:46:09 AM »

Do you REALLY think that i care about your opinion??? Not even funny,,,, In fact - i relish it)))

Dude, get over yourself.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #186 on: May 30, 2017, 02:32:19 AM »

DCCC is looking to draft Hamilton County Commissioner, Todd Portune, to challenge Steve Chabot in the OH-01. Chabot's gone down in a wave before, but his district is more conservative now.

Portune would be a strong recruit and would probably put the seat in play, but we have a strong bench in Hamilton County either way.
True, the Hamilton bench is significant, but Portune's got great crossover appeal.

Yeah, but not sure how much that helps him since Hamilton was gorilla-f$cked by splitting it into two districts and including all of Warren in the 1st.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #187 on: May 30, 2017, 05:39:01 PM »

Saw the last name, thought it was Weird Al. Was disappointed.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #188 on: May 30, 2017, 09:00:51 PM »

DCCC is looking to draft Hamilton County Commissioner, Todd Portune, to challenge Steve Chabot in the OH-01. Chabot's gone down in a wave before, but his district is more conservative now.

Portune would be a strong recruit and would probably put the seat in play, but we have a strong bench in Hamilton County either way.
True, the Hamilton bench is significant, but Portune's got great crossover appeal.

Yeah, but not sure how much that helps him since Hamilton was gorilla-f$cked by splitting it into two districts and including all of Warren in the 1st.

While OH-01 is more conservative than ever, Chabot's gone out in a wave before.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #189 on: May 31, 2017, 12:24:28 AM »

Yes, but IIRC didn't OH-1 have boundaries all within Hamilton County? Its PVI is notably more GOP friendly with the addition of Warren.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #190 on: May 31, 2017, 11:27:08 AM »

Sittenfeld would honestly be better vs Chabot, IMO
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #191 on: May 31, 2017, 11:34:53 AM »

From Dave Wasserman at Cook Political Report:

KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #192 on: May 31, 2017, 12:34:25 PM »

That'd be what, 70 seats or so?
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #193 on: May 31, 2017, 12:39:54 PM »

That'd be what, 70 seats or so?

It's currently 239R, 193D, and 3 vacancies.  One of the vacancies is CA-34, which is about to be filled by a Democrat (both candidates in the runoff are D) so that's effectively 194.  So it would be a shift of about 65 to 67.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #194 on: May 31, 2017, 02:00:40 PM »

Yes, but IIRC didn't OH-1 have boundaries all within Hamilton County? Its PVI is notably more GOP friendly with the addition of Warren.

Nope.

Sittenfeld would honestly be better vs Chabot, IMO

Eh. PG would play worse in the Butler county segments.
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -5.91

P P
« Reply #195 on: May 31, 2017, 02:25:45 PM »

Went to the Democratic District Convention for District 10 and two of the people there had set up exploratory committees on entering the race for the district. Do I remember who they were? No. Could there have been more people who didn't go? Yes.

But what I do know is that District 10 will almost definitely be contested in 2018, and that people are looking towards running right now.
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #196 on: May 31, 2017, 03:02:11 PM »

Curiouser and Curiouser:

Ex-GOP Rep Richard Hanna considering running for Congress in NY22 - as an Independent. District currently held by GOPer Claudia Tenney. Apparently there is some bad blood between them, and this would certainly open up the district for a Dem pickup opportunity.

http://wibx950.com/richard-hanna-for-congress-again-former-representatives-candid-take-on-washington/
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #197 on: May 31, 2017, 03:04:52 PM »

Curiouser and Curiouser:

Ex-GOP Rep Richard Hanna considering running for Congress in NY22 - as an Independent. District currently held by GOPer Claudia Tenney. Apparently there is some bad blood between them, and this would certainly open up the district for a Dem pickup opportunity.

http://wibx950.com/richard-hanna-for-congress-again-former-representatives-candid-take-on-washington/

I think Hanna would more likely caucus with the Dems unless the Republicans majorly repudiate Trumpism and the President, so it could possibly be more wise to "sit out" this election and explicitly or implicitly support Hanna.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #198 on: June 01, 2017, 10:36:39 AM »

Avon-based Ken Harbaugh, and Ivy-educated Navy pilot and non-profit President, to challenge Bob Gibbs in the Ohio 7th.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #199 on: June 01, 2017, 11:31:35 AM »

Trump won this district by 30 points on a huge swing from 2012. Good luck with that.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies