Self-loathing hypocrite Republican in Minnesota (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 04:57:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Self-loathing hypocrite Republican in Minnesota (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Self-loathing hypocrite Republican in Minnesota  (Read 3785 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: February 20, 2009, 05:42:26 PM »

Wonderful level of debate we have here. "Self loathing" and "hypocrite."

How exactly is he a hypocrite, by the way?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 02:39:03 PM »

I'm not understanding why this is a big deal.  Why is it any worse for a gay man to vote against gay marriage than it is for a straight man to vote against gay marriage?  The vote is the same.  If Senator Koering gave his vote to the issue, got put out of office at the next election, and then a straight man was elected in his place - the end result would be the exact same.

Senator Koering had the courage to come out and be open about his sexuality.  Given his political affiliation, and the kind of district he represents, this could not have been easy to do.  It is sad that we live in a world where being the way God made you is shunned, and I am ashamed that some members of my own Party are chiefly responsible for this temporary lapse in moral judgment.

However, Senator Koering's job is to represent the interests of his district.  He wasn't elected as "Senator Koering (R-Gay)", he was elected to represent a constituency that undoubtedly opposes gay marriage by a large margin.   Why should he be forced to ignore the wishes of his constituents just because he is homosexual?  That would only teach the people he represents that Senator Koering could not be trusted to weigh the merits of an issue honestly without regard for his personal life.

Thanks for some sanity, Don. Also, while I guess this guy also opposes civil unions and I actually disagree with him on that, I'm not sure why this guy is required to feel a certain way just because he's gay.

By the way, I'm still waiting for a hilarious reason for why this guy is a "hypocrite."
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 03:33:05 PM »

I'm not sure why this guy is required to feel a certain way just because he's gay.

He does feel "that certain way" but chose to vote against his beliefs.

Do you know that for certain?

Yeah, you guys are "fleshing" out the reasons. A few guys on an Internet message board are really picking his brain in a fair way.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 04:05:58 PM »

He'd get some crap from gay activists, but I don't think they're big in Brainerd. I doubt he's reading this thread.

Maybe he is worried about stuff like this. Sure, he's probably not reading this thread but you don't think he's getting a bunch of nasty phone calls from gays across Minnesota? Now imagine how much worse it would be if he flat out said he opposes gay marriage.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

And my problem is that some here aren't even willing to entertain that. It's "He's self loathing" and "He's going to struggle to get laid!"

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies