Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:58:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy) (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy)  (Read 109939 times)
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2015, 06:45:55 PM »

Could I enter this race on the Republican or Democratic side?

I'd like to perhaps enter as Amb. John Eisenhower or as Morris Udall.

But... but... I thought I was done campaigning for now!
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2015, 11:18:00 PM »

Hi! Smiley

It's fine if there aren't any primary polls, but I would like to know if I'm losing in any of the upcoming primary/caucus states or if my winning margin is small (i.e. <7 pts).

Or basically just whether or not you're going to let me win all the states without campaigning (I think I'll go insane if I have to do what I did last round again Tongue).

Thanks! Cheesy
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2015, 11:28:58 PM »

The Nixon Campaign

President Nixon files for the contests in Michigan, Maryland, Oregon, Rhode Island, California and South Dakota, as well as all other contests he is currently able to file for.

President Nixon has to sleep on the couch after calling his wife a "potato" one night.

President Nixon requests the endorsement of Barry Goldwater, Sr.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2015, 11:54:59 PM »

McGovern never filed for Massachusetts or Pennsylvania.

I have a feeling you were eagerly waiting to reveal this for a while.

Anyway, #plottwist
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2015, 11:59:38 PM »

The McGovern Campaign Applies for all Caucuses and Primaries available. I just got off school, and will be posting in the next couple of minutes after researching it. Thanks for the extension, again.

Srry Spiral, he did.

That was for this last turn when we had all those Southern states. The turn before that was when filing for MA and PA was open.

Alas, I was mistaken. Srry again
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2015, 12:00:34 AM »

Could we have one of those fancy general election polling maps?

It would be really cool if there could be one each for Nixon vs. McGovern, Yorty, Harris, and Muskie.

But of course, no rush! Smiley
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2015, 12:37:04 AM »

For what it's worth, you've been doing a tremendous job as GM and you're one of the best ones these games have ever had. From past experience I know how much time has to be devoted to a game like this. Keep up the great work!
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2015, 08:00:26 PM »

Well, gentlemen, we have a problem. A week has passed and not many have posted, which does put me into a dilemma on how exactly to proceed.

Any suggestions?

Just in case I haven't clarified, I do not intend to post this week because I don't really need to. Tongue

Have you PMed those who have not posted yet? And if you have, did you do so recently?
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2015, 05:19:37 AM »

When shall the results be postified?
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2015, 08:03:47 PM »

So glad I can sit out of this one...
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2015, 08:14:49 PM »

One is dead...

Seven left the race...

Another just a heartbeat away...

Eight fight for the crown...

And a deranged assassin wonders whom to hunt.

OOC: Yeah, I was bored waiting for the schedules. Finding the right pictures to make a "poster" took a while, and my skill at Paint is non-existant.

Sexy.

Who is the deranged assassin?
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2015, 08:35:53 PM »

Why, Mr. Arthur Bremer! You don't think he's going to play nice and not shoot a presidential candidate, do you?

Oh wow, does Intell know about this?
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2015, 08:41:00 PM »

Why, Mr. Arthur Bremer! You don't think he's going to play nice and not shoot a presidential candidate, do you?

Oh wow, does Intell know about this?
It might not be Wallace though???

I don't think it would be fair if Lumine just decided to shoot a random candidate who wasn't shot in real life.

But then again, I wouldn't be complaining if it were Nixon; getting shot sure does win some sympathy votes (as shown in OTL Maryland/Michigan primaries).
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2015, 08:54:32 PM »

I'm fine with the choose-a-number and random-select part of it, but you can't just kill a candidate, Lumine. That's seriously a pretty sh*tty plan, we've all worked so hard and to boot one of us out for no reason other than random chance is detestable.

I'm fine with the concept of an assassination attempt in general, as long as it doesn't actually result in one of the candidates dying.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2015, 09:37:13 PM »

Clearly, Spiral is going to be the one that gets shot - his post was #666!
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2015, 09:41:00 PM »

If I get shot in the arm, I gladly welcome the boost in the polls. If I get killed, well, I can concentrate more on schoolwork. Tongue

Do you actually support allowing one of the candidates to get killed?
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2015, 09:46:07 PM »

If I get shot in the arm, I gladly welcome the boost in the polls. If I get killed, well, I can concentrate more on schoolwork. Tongue

I'm not as hostile to the idea as some of you are. Like Sanchez said, it adds more spice to what is already a suspenseful game. If Lumine is forced to modify his plan, I would suggest cutting the chances of getting killed to only one dice roll instead of three, or maybe some extra compensation later on in the game (like a key role in the convention) should you get killed. I would get behind those ideas if there's support for them from other players.

I mean, I just view it as very unfair. We've all clearly worked very hard to get ahead in the game, and for one of us to randomly be booted off (meaning that all of our work goes for nothing) for no good reason is kind of a turn-off.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2015, 09:50:14 PM »

I'm not as hostile to the idea as some of you are. Like Sanchez said, it adds more spice to what is already a suspenseful game. If Lumine is forced to modify his plan, I would suggest cutting the chances of getting killed to only one dice roll instead of three, or maybe some extra compensation later on in the game (like a key role in the convention) should you get killed. I would get behind those ideas if there's support for them from other players.

I mean, I just view it as very unfair. We've all clearly worked very hard to get ahead in the game, and for one of us to randomly be booted off (meaning that all of our work goes for nothing) for no good reason is kind of a turn-off.

I totally get that. That's why I brought up the idea of providing compensation for that player if they're the one who's killed off, which I think might prove to make the game interesting down the line, particularly if we're at a deadlocked convention.

Mhm. Maybe it would be a good idea to let players choose whether they want to take the risk. The people who want to play it safe can opt out of it and the people who want the possibility of winning the sympathy vote boost can opt in. A good compromise?
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2015, 10:29:57 PM »

Wow, congrats to Ypestis!
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2015, 10:23:48 AM »

/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2015, 01:24:57 PM »

The Nixon Campaign

Nixon files for all upcoming electoral contests.

Nixon spends a lot of time during the upcoming turn organizing his campaign (for another organization point Tongue).

Nixon eats some mashed potatoes.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2015, 05:37:30 PM »

Is the Democrats' advantage in the South due to Wallace's entry and recent heavy campaigning in the Democratic primaries or is it an overall trend?
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2015, 02:11:19 PM »

Hi!

Did I get >90% in all states last round or did I get >80%/>70% in some of the Southern states? I want to make a percent map for the GOP primary.

Thanks! Smiley
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2015, 09:55:13 PM »

How about the RNC?

(P.S. Nixon files for all upcoming primaries, etc. even though I'm pretty sure I said that already.)

Thanks! Smiley
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2015, 09:59:09 PM »

How about the RNC?

(P.S. Nixon files for all upcoming primaries, etc. even though I'm pretty sure I said that already.)

Thanks! Smiley

It will be simulated as well, coming after the DNC.

But will late-entry candidates be possible?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies