Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 06:29:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy) (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy)  (Read 109951 times)
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #100 on: January 31, 2016, 08:58:18 PM »

ah, memories
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #101 on: January 31, 2016, 09:04:48 PM »

By the way, everyone, my running mate is already selected. He/she will be announced soon. Smiley
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #102 on: February 12, 2016, 08:24:06 PM »

The Nixon Campaign - Announcement Regarding the Vice Presidency

President Nixon addresses the nation as he reveals his nomination for the Vice Presidency and his choice for his running mate on the GOP ticket in November.

"Hello, America. Today, I address you with both joy in my heart and anticipation on my mind, with both happiness and hope for the future.

Today, America faces some of the greatest challenges it ever has. With a war raging in Indochina a number of domestic issues that affect all within our nation's borders, it is more important now than it has been ever before that we have strong, stable, and sincere leadership on the federal level. Under the Nixon Administration, America has seen a great recovery and resurgence in glory, with the economy rebounding at historic proportions, foreign relations improving steadily with many of the world's great powers abroad, and confidence in the strength of the American Dream higher than it possibly ever has before. As your President, I am honored to have served this nation during such a beautiful period of growth and prosperity, and for that I will be eternally grateful. Just shortly ago, in fact, the people of our great nation placed their trust in me once more, allowing me to recapture my party's presidential nomination with the support of all fifty states and an overwhelming percentage of the popular vote.

However, our Administration must take further action to ensure that we can be effective in our governing as successfully and as prudently as possible. The recent resignation of Vice President Agnew mandates a temporary appointment for the office of the Vice President of the United States, and it is with joy, not remorse, hope, not fear, and delight, not regret, that I come to the American people today with my decision.

Governor William Scranton showed us through his time in office that he is a capable, honest, and faithful leader worthy of our trust and respect. While Governor of Pennsylvania, Mr. Scranton passed proactive, common-sense, and bipartisan reform that boosted his state's economy, saved his state's public education system, and made Pennsylvania once more one of the greatest states in the Union. During his tenure, Governor Scranton proved to not just the people of his state but to the American people that he is a man capable of leading a nation, and it is for this reason that I hereby nominate him for the office of Vice President of the United States to serve the remainder of Vice President Agnew's term. I and the American people trust that Governor Scranton will not just meet but excel at the requirements of his office, and I look forward to working with him over the course of the next year in order to ensure that the progress made by the Nixon Administration is maintained and furthered to the maximum extent possible.

However, Governor Scranton has opted not to seek a full term as Vice President, and has decided that he does not wish to appear on our party's ticket this November. Both he and I agree that there is another capable leader willing to take the mantle of the Vice Presidency for a full four years - a leader that has and will continue to transcend the boundaries of partisanship in order to best fulfill the interests of the American people. Throughout his long and admirable political career, this leader has worked tirelessly and across the aisle to improve the lives of the people of his city and his state as much as he possibly could, and his success in doing so makes him one of America's most admired politicians among both Republicans and Democrats, among both men and women, among both blacks and whites, among both the young and the old, and among those who wish to see a more prosperous and a more beautiful future for all in our great nation.

In this time of great urgency both at home and abroad, nothing is more important among the people of our nation than to come together - to unite in our calls for a brighter future, to unite in our opposition to a common enemy, and to unite in our desire for a better America. As shown throughout my first term in office, politics works at its best when we can come together to get things done, when we can unite instead of divide, and we can agree to work tirelessly and with full effort to help the American people strive.

It is because of this, America, that I take the great honor of being able to nominate Sam Yorty for the vice presidential spot on our party's ticket this November. Throughout his time as Mayor of Los Angeles, Mr. Yorty has proven to the American people that he is an effective leader capable of governing with honesty, rectitude, and integrity - all values which I believe I have seen him treasure possibly more than any other person I know. Mayor Yorty knows what it takes to lead effectively, and to be honest, America, I trust him with my life.

This election is about more than mere partisanship. This election is about working together to get things done, and it is about knowing that some things matter more than simple party labels. This election is about uniting people behind a common goal, and that goal is to create an America in which our children, our children's children, and their children too can look back and thank us for what we've done.

Thank you, Governor Scranton and Mayor Yorty. And thank you, America."
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #103 on: February 16, 2016, 06:51:45 PM »

Is this still due tonight? I can certainly get everything in on time if you need me to but I haven't seen anything from YPestis or NeverAgain yet...
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #104 on: February 16, 2016, 06:59:32 PM »

Is this still due tonight? I can certainly get everything in on time if you need me to but I haven't seen anything from YPestis or NeverAgain yet...
YPestis just posted, and I am getting ready for such soon.

He posted right while I was typing that up...

Oops Tongue
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #105 on: February 16, 2016, 07:04:52 PM »

I could give another extension to tomorrow, but nothing more than that.

It's fine, I was just wondering Smiley

I'll have my stuff up shortly.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #106 on: February 16, 2016, 08:52:52 PM »

The Nixon Campaign - September 1 to September 7, 1972

President Nixon campaigns in lower Manhattan as part of his tour of New York City.

September 1, 1972

- President Nixon travels to Atlantic City, New Jersey, where he delivers a speech to a crowded audience of supporters upon arrival and proceeds to campaign around the city throughout the morning.

- President Nixon flies to Trenton, New Jersey, to spend the afternoon meeting with state GOP leaders and coordinating voter organization efforts. He also attends a number of rallies around the city to help boost voter support.

- President Nixon delivers a passionate speech to a crowd of 10,000 outside of the New Jersey State Capitol Building. He is joined by Governor Cahill and a variety of other prominent local officeholders and celebrities.

"Hello, New Jersey! Thank you, thank you very much! It's great to have such a warm welcome this evening from a group of patriotic Americans in a state that stood strong with Nixon in '68, has stood strong with Nixon over the last four years, and will stand strong with Nixon again in '72! It's truly an honor to have all of your support, and I appreciate the help that the state of New Jersey has given me over the past few years more than I could ever describe in words. However, if we want to continue the progress and reform that has been started by the Nixon Administration throughout the course of the last four years, then we need to continue to work hard in this campaign and get the rest of the nation on board! Because you see, New Jersey, this campaign isn't just about reaching the 270 electoral vote threshold necessary to win a second term. This campaign is about showing the American people what the Nixon Administration has done to help and will continue to do if allowed to remain in office, and this campaign is about giving hope to the millions of Americans who are only now finally being able to truly access the full meaning of the American Dream. Under my first four years in office, I worked tirelessly to help all of the American people regardless of their race, gender, religion, or socioeconomic status, and I passed meaningful reform that fixed our nation's economy for all within its reach, expanded the breadth of civil rights, and established a more meaningful and more effective way to protect our environment so our children and our children's children can enjoy our world in the very same way that we are able to. Under the Nixon Administration, the United States' place in the international community was defined, refined, and expanded, and we were able to work with other nations and communities in order to ensure that our world will be safe and prosperous for years to come. I ask you, New Jersey, are you not proud of the progress that our nation has made? Do you not eagerly look forward to four more years of economic growth, foreign policy success, and a better, more beautiful America for all of those within its borders? I know I sure do, New Jersey, and I know you do, too. It is for this reason that I sincerely ask for your vote this November - a vote not just for Nixon, but for progress, peace, and prosperity for all. Thank you."

September 2, 1972

- After traveling to Newark overnight, President Nixon begins to campaign around the city, focusing on increasing voter turnout among GOP supporters and emphasizing the success of his first term.

- President Nixon eats lunch with local party leaders in Newark and proceeds to travel to Jersey City, where he spends a busy afternoon campaigning. President Nixon attends a variety of rallies to promote his reelection campaign.

September 3, 1972

- President Nixon travels to Staten Island to begin his four-day, five-borough tour of New York City. He spends the morning attending a variety of stump speeches around the island, discussing his positions on civil rights, the economy, and foreign policy, as well as the successes of the Nixon Administration during his first four years in office.

- President Nixon eats lunch at a Staten Island deli and proceeds to travel to Brooklyn, where he meets an anxious crowd of 15,000 supporters and delivers a strongly-worded speech regarding his motives and accomplished goals as President.

- President Nixon spends the evening touring Brooklyn and participating in a variety of campaign events, rallying Republican voters in the area and convincing them to turn out to vote in November.

September 4, 1972

- President Nixon travels to Queens, where he begins a heavy day of campaigning at dawn in order to drive up voter organization in the area and foster new support. He focuses heavily on his biography and experience as he travels throughout the area.

- President Nixon participates in a number of town halls around Queens throughout the mid-morning and early afternoon, addressing the concerns of voters and emphasizing his successes in foreign policy and civil rights throughout his first term.

- President Nixon delivers a speech to a crowded audience as his day in Queens comes to an end, outlining his goals for a second term in office and convincing supporters to volunteer for his campaign.

September 5, 1972

- After traveling to Manhattan overnight, President Nixon attends a massive fundraising and organizing event at the Rockefeller Center alongside Governor Nelson Rockefeller, convincing local party leaders and GOP activists to increase voter turnout among Nixon supporters and help organize his state campaign in the months leading up to the election.

- President Nixon and Governor Rockefeller travel around the city throughout the day, attending a number of rallies and other campaign events in order to rouse support for his campaign.

- President Nixon spends the evening addressing Manhattan and the nation in a massive televised rally, outlining his goals for the nation for a potential second term and galvanizing supporters across the country.

"Good evening, Manhattan! Good evening, New York! Good evening, America! It is so great to be with you tonight, and I look forward to having an honest, genuine discussion about the issues that face us today. You see America, the people of our nation are about to make a choice of uttermost importance. Today, Americans face a monumental decision, a decision that will determine what path our nation takes over the next four years, a decision that will determine what kind of world our children and grandchildren will inherit from us, a decision that will determine who is to lead the American people during this era of great challenges. From the left and from the right, our Administration is being attacked today for not doing enough, for not helping the American people, for not being true to our word and making our nation a better place than it was when I took the presidential oath of office four years ago. It is clear as of this point in time that our opponents will stop at nothing to diminish me, that they will do anything to gain power, that they will spare no expense - they will spare no lie - to make it seem that the Nixon Administration has not helped the American people. My opponents care not for the truth - they care not for what is right and what is wrong - they care simply for whether or not they will be able to seize the White House come this November. My opponents accuse me of not truly caring about the well-being of the American people, but I must ask them - how can they make these accusations in good faith? How can they make these accusations and at the same time dismiss the accomplishments of the Nixon Administration as 'minor' or 'mundane'? During my first four years in office, I signed legislation that brought our nation's economy from a period of stagnation and and sluggishness into a period of growth and prosperity for all Americans, especially for those who were previously struggling to put dinner on the table for their families. During my first four years in office, we established the Environmental Protection Agency, and I signed into law the Clean Air Act and the National Environmental Policy Act in order to make sure that our children and our children's children can enjoy the same clean, safe, and beautiful world that we do today. During my first four years in office, I signed into law Title IX, which protected equal educational opportunity for all Americans regardless of their gender. During my first four years in office, we reopened diplomatic relations with China and participated in diplomatic talks with the Soviet Union in order to preserve peace and international brotherhood across the world for years to come. For God's sake, America, during my first four years in office, we sent men to the moon! So I ask you, America, are you not proud of what we have done over the past four years? Do you not look forward to what can and will be another four years of amazing progress and prosperity under President Nixon? I know you do, America, and I know I do too. So please, America, do what you know is right, and reelect Nixon in '72. Thank you, thank you!"

September 6, 1972

- President Nixon travels to the Bronx, where he attends a publicity event at the Bronx Zoo and spends the rest of the morning traveling throughout the city in order to rally support for his campaign.

- President Nixon spends the afternoon holding a variety of town halls throughout the Bronx, talking with locals and getting to better understand their views on the issues facing the American people. President Nixon spends the rest of the evening touring disadvantaged neighborhoods throughout the city and meeting with those who want to learn more about his platform and desire to help all of those within America's borders.

September 7, 1972

- President Nixon flies to Buffalo, New York for a brief rally with supporters before flying back to Washington, D.C. in order to attend to his presidential duties and rest with his family.

- President Nixon is photographed playing with his dogs Vicki, Pasha, and King Timahoe.

- President Nixon is disappointed to find out that the White House kitchen has run out of soup crackers.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #107 on: February 16, 2016, 09:04:07 PM »

Nixon/Yorty ads will be up momentarily.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #108 on: February 16, 2016, 09:26:24 PM »

The Nixon Campaign - Advertisement #1 (Turn Seventeen)

A man on the moon.

Women with the educational opportunities that they deserve.

Peace, unity, and diplomacy in the international community.

Four years ago, many of these things may have seemed far-fetched or unachievable. But under the Nixon Administration, Americans can once more believe that the opportunities of our nation know no bounds.

Under President Nixon, America has seen progress like it never has before. Support the expansion American Dream, and vote Nixon in '72.

To be aired in:

/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #109 on: February 16, 2016, 10:55:13 PM »

The Nixon Campaign - Advertisement #3 (Turn Seventeen)

Principle. Courage. Integrity. These are all values that define the life and actions of our nation's President, Richard M. Nixon.

Throughout his lifelong service to our nation through his work as a Senator, Vice President, and President of the United States, Richard Nixon has been a consistent and compassionate supporter of the values that define our nation and give it its faith and strength.

In these crucial times, it is vital that we, the American people, choose hope and progress over the hate-driven radicalism of extremists who wish to diminish the efforts of those who have worked for decades to improve our nation.

In this time of great importance, the American people will put their trust and confidence in the only leader who can truly make America stronger. Vote Nixon '72.

To be aired in:

/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #110 on: March 05, 2016, 08:34:27 PM »

D:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies