Trump lied about speaking with family of murdered woman
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:05:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump lied about speaking with family of murdered woman
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump lied about speaking with family of murdered woman  (Read 517 times)
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 02, 2024, 06:19:46 PM »

https://www.woodtv.com/news/target-8/family-of-woman-found-dead-on-highway-angered-by-trumps-speech/
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) — The sister of murder victim Ruby Garcia said she and her family were home watching live, in disbelief, as former President Donald Trump told an audience in Grand Rapids that he had spoken with “some of her family.”

“He did not speak with any of us, so it was kind of shocking seeing that he had said that he had spoke with us, and misinforming people on live TV,” Ruby Garcia’s sister, Mavi Garcia, told Target 8.

Mavi Garcia, the family spokesperson, said neither Trump nor anybody from his campaign has contacted her or anybody in her immediate family. She said her family is close and she would know if that had happened.

“It was shocking. I kind of stopped watching it. I’d only seen up to that, after I heard a couple of misinformations he said, I just stopped watching it,” Mavi Garcia said.

Trump spent some of his speech on Tuesday focusing on immigration, turning to the March 22 murder of 25-year-old Ruby Garcia. Court records show Brandon Ortiz-Vite, who was in the U.S. illegally, has confessed to killing her and dumping her along US-131 in Grand Rapids.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2024, 06:29:03 PM »

Seriously, nobody should take anything Trump says as truth ever. When will people learn?
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2024, 06:55:54 PM »

I find it hard to believe Trump lied.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2024, 07:46:14 PM »

In before blue avatars accuse the family of lying just to make Trump look bad.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2024, 07:50:34 PM »

Mods can we please, please have a "Ferguson outrage-bait megathread"? Hard to see what kind of discussion you could possibly wring out of churn like this.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2024, 11:17:01 PM »

Mods can we please, please have a "Ferguson outrage-bait megathread"? Hard to see what kind of discussion you could possibly wring out of churn like this.

Could you explain why a former president and current major party candidate for president lying about speaking to the family of a murder victim does not qualify as discussion-worthy news?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2024, 01:46:24 AM »

It's not like he has lied before. At least not more than 30 thousand times.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2024, 03:04:52 AM »

Refusing to normalize the GOPs reprehensible conduct is the responsibility of every decent American. Just because they have not yet been effectively punished for their deplorable choices does not mean we need to treat what they do as acceptable.

The constant lying of a the leader of a major political party is news. That he continues to lie, and that his supporters continue to accept it is, in itself, worth pointing out and reminding everyone who reads this forum.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2024, 08:05:14 AM »

As others have pointed out, this is newsworthy.  Would you object to the thread if it had been started by someone other than Ferguson?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2024, 09:07:58 AM »

As others have pointed out, this is newsworthy.  Would you object to the thread if it had been started by someone other than Ferguson?

He has a weird fixation on me. He seems to get upset whenever I make a thread, even when I’m literally just posting an article without commentary lol
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2024, 09:12:12 AM »

Once again, another story that would probably end someone else's career is just ignored by most of the press; we continue to see more of Trump's insanity normalized each day.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2024, 09:20:13 AM »

Honestly it's even worse than you may think

DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2024, 11:33:06 AM »

Some people want everything that Trump does wrong to be covered up.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2024, 01:44:39 PM »

Another day another serious Trump scandal.

But God forbid Joe Biden mix up his words, it’s a media frenzy.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2024, 04:48:56 PM »

Are we sure he’s not just senile? I mean yes Trump lied all the time, but right now he doesn’t seem all there.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2024, 10:19:42 PM »

Are we sure he’s not just senile? I mean yes Trump lied all the time, but right now he doesn’t seem all there.

I thought the same thing, but that's still really bad. If he is so far gone that he believes things that never happened then how is he fit to be President?
Earthling
Netherlands

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2024, 01:15:22 AM »

I thought the same thing, but that's still really bad. If he is so far gone that he believes things that never happened then how is he fit to be President?

Well, he never was. So, how does this change anything.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies